Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:
Same scenario happened with me, I ended up closing my $3K Cash Rewards and transferring the $3K onto my Flagship. Got the Cash Rewards again on my 3rd Card.

Did you get another SUB for the 2nd Cash Rewards card?

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 10091 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone gotten 25k as a SL on their first card and just asked for a CLI at 91/3? 

Message 10092 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did not app at 91/3... I app’d on
July 8th (10 months after opening) - I was denied the CLI.

I’m not sure why at this time - I’m still waiting for the notice to arrive via mail.

My GoRewards Credit Card was
opened in 10/2018 with a SL of 25k. My highest balance was 22k - balance on the app date was 12k. I’ve been paying down the balance by 1k every month. I used the card heavily thru April (repaid what I used before the statement close date). I’ve only used the card twice since April because I’ve been using my
Cash Rewards Credit Card (20k SL with a balance of $600 when I requested the CLI for the GoRewards).

I’m was at 14% UTL (all debt).

The CLI inquiry did result in a
hard pull (TransUnion). I called in several times asking to use this inquiry
for a CLOC - I was denied and I understand.

NFCU has been very good to me!
Message 10093 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

- Shooting

Yes I did get the sub.
Message 10094 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Finally got an approval for the Cash Rewards at 18% and a 5K SL. I’m happy as my Merrick Bank balance will transfer and I can close that card.

My wife tried for a CLI on hers and got a denial.
Message 10095 of 17,187
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

Suggestion/thoughts on my below strategy:

NFCU CR - Opened Feb 2019 15SL
NFCU Platinum - Opened May 2019 15SL

Both above Cards are seeing usage and I PIF and never carry a balance. In August 2019 I wanna apply for a 40k—( I know right) CLI on my NFCU CR Card. I’m aware they might ask for a POI and I’m 100% fine with it, I have nothing to hide and my main checking account is with NFCU.

DP’s
EQ - FICO 8 700+ (IDK why 20pts lower)
EX - FICO 8 720+
TU - FICO 8 720+
AI - 100k+
DTI - 5-8%

Question, would they counter offer if they don’t like the 40k offer or straight out deny me? I wanna make the most out of my HP with NFCU but don’t wanna be too greedy—(yes I know).

Should I just request the 25k and call it a **bleep** day?

Thanks for the advice in advance!
Message 10096 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you want $40K ask for it. If you’re eligible for an increase but NFCU isn’t willing to give you $40K they will counter with something else. $15K to $40K is a big jump, if you were already at $25K I would feel more confident about it.
Message 10097 of 17,187
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

So, yesterday was 91/3 for my Platinum.  I pulled the trigger on the Flagship and was approved for the "we will let you in the door" SL of $5000.  Navy has been very good to me and considering where I started 3 months ago, when all I had were starter and preditory cards, I'm really grateful.  After another cup of coffee I asked for a CLI for my Platinum and was increased from $5000 to $10,000.  The interesting DP in all of this is I had a HP for the new Flagship, but no addition HP for the CLI.  It's a two-fer!  At some point in the future, I will probably reallocate some of the Platinum line to the Flagship, but in the mean time, I still have 9 months on my 0% balance transfer and will use it to zero out a couple of smaller balances.

Needless to say, I've tossed my bronze gardening spade back in the shed and grabbed a seedling to plant.  If you need me, I will be sipping Iced Tea and pruning my garden.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 10098 of 17,187
swpopham
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

UPDATE:

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

~ Navy seems to be enforcing a new 6 month between CLI policy

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

~ New Max button is your friend for CLI requests.

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 10099 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@swpopham wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

UPDATE:

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

~ Navy seems to be enforcing a new 6 month between CLI policy

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

~ New Max button is your friend for CLI requests.

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png

I do think it is gone.  It was there for my first CLI request this fall, but showed me the same limit request box when I apped a week ago.

Message 10100 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.