tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

UPDATE:

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

~ Navy seems to be enforcing a new 6 month between CLI policy

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

~ New Max button is your friend for CLI requests.

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png

I do think it is gone.  It was there for my first CLI request this fall, but showed me the same limit request box when I apped a week ago.

My CLI Request is still there but it looks different from yours.

IMG_5447.jpg

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10101 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I figured last night since my wife was turned down for a CLI (it may have not been 6 months yet since her card graduated and she got the inital CLI) I'd have her try for a 2nd card.  She got the usual 24 hour message and we hadn't heard anything this morning.  I'm not sure why I can't see the link for checking application status but I found the link for it, put her info in, and saw that it had been approved but she hasn't received a text or email yet and it doesn't show up yet on her Account list.

I took a look at the Offers on her account and see a CLOC.  Is this a preapproval for a CLOC or just an ad?  We have a checking account under my name that she's a joint owner for and I haven't looked at my offers yet.

Message 10102 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

UPDATE:

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png

I do think it is gone.  It was there for my first CLI request this fall, but showed me the same limit request box when I apped a week ago.

IMG_5447.jpg

It's after you press the "IncreseMy Credit Limit" hyperlink that you get the page he showed.  There used to be a button there to request the maximum amount, but now it makes you enter a specific request in the box.

Message 10103 of 17,187
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@DF82

Sound advice, yes it’s a large, very large Increase request but I rather not “waste” the HP if I’m alright with a POI. Using them as my main checking account has to help with something maybe.
Message 10104 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

UPDATE:

IMG_5447.jpg

It's after you press the "IncreseMy Credit Limit" hyperlink that you get the page he showed.  There used to be a button there to request the maximum amount, but now it makes you enter a specific request in the box.

When I clicked the link, it requested me to verify my contact info. I just cancelled because I would be some kind of upset if it automatically approved me. I'm in the garden 'til 2020 and I don't want any HPs

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10105 of 17,187
rdrarmy
Valued Member

Ladies & Gentlemen,

OMG OMG OMG!!! How can I even put what I just experienced a little over an hour ago into perspective or even choose the right words to express the joy that I am filled with? Let me go back to six days ago when my FICO 9 score updated on my app when I decided to request not one, but two CLI's on my two NFCU cards. The requests were about 8 hrs apart from each other and it only used 1 HP. One was for my VS Cash Rewards which had a limit of 6K (opened in Aug 2015 with an initial SL of 5K) and the other one was the Platinum with a SL of 20K (opened in Jan 2019). I submitted a CLI request on both of them for 25K and they were each respectively countered at 13K (VS) and 23.5K (Platinum). Nonetheless, I thought I rolled the dice on those two requests when I submitted them. Especially after having received their counters. Here we are today and after doing some additional reading and educating myself some more, I decided to apply for the NFCU Flagship card. I've had an itch on my fingers for the last six days and I thought to myself what were my chances? Well after hitting the submit button and after the website doing some thinking, the screen changed to the congratulations page. And boy was I elated when I saw that screen. By the way, they pulled my TU credit report for their decision on the Flagship. I have got to say that Navy Federal is freaking amazing!! I love this bank, and I am thankful that they opened their doors to me when I needed someone to finance the car that I'm driving today. I started my relationship with them back in March of 2015 and I will forever be loyal to them!Capture.PNG

FICO 8 Starting Score: (2 DEC 17)

FICO 8 Current Score: (27 JAN 21)

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Hover over my cards to see my limits and utilization!
Message 10106 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My wife got approved for a 2nd NFCU card (the Cash Rewards) at a $2500 SL.  I'm happy she got this even though I'm confused on why they turned down the CLI request on her existing card.  Very strange...

So are CLI requests now a 6 month waiting period and no longer 91/3? Just planning for these cards and getting CLIs for both later on down the line.

Message 10107 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rdrarmy wrote:

Ladies & Gentlemen,

OMG OMG OMG!!! How can I even put what I just experienced a little over an hour ago into perspective or even choose the right words to express the joy that I am filled with? Let me go back to six days ago when my FICO 9 score updated on my app when I decided to request not one, but two CLI's on my two NFCU cards. The requests were about 8 hrs apart from each other and it only used 1 HP. One was for my VS Cash Rewards which had a limit of 6K (opened in Aug 2015 with an initial SL of 5K) and the other one was the Platinum with a SL of 20K (opened in Jan 2019). I submitted a CLI request on both of them for 25K and they were each respectively countered at 13K (VS) and 23.5K (Platinum). Nonetheless, I thought I rolled the dice on those two requests when I submitted them. Especially after having received their counters. Here we are today and after doing some additional reading and educating myself some more, I decided to apply for the NFCU Flagship card. I've had an itch on my fingers for the last six days and I thought to myself what were my chances? Well after hitting the submit button and after the website doing some thinking, the screen changed to the congratulations page. And boy was I elated when I saw that screen. By the way, they pulled my TU credit report for their decision on the Flagship. I have got to say that Navy Federal is freaking amazing!! I love this bank, and I am thankful that they opened their doors to me when I needed someone to finance the car that I'm driving today. I started my relationship with them back in March of 2015 and I will forever be loyal to them!Capture.PNG

Congrats!!

Message 10108 of 17,187
rdrarmy
Valued Member

Thank you!! I’m going to avoid any and all future HP’s now as I am going in the garden for the next six months to a year. I’m not going to be greedy.

FICO 8 Starting Score: (2 DEC 17)

FICO 8 Current Score: (27 JAN 21)

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Hover over my cards to see my limits and utilization!
Message 10109 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

How soon after getting approved for a credit card can one apply and get approved for another?  I'm just curious; I don't plan on doing that.  I'm an AU on my wife's first NFCU card and I just got approved the other day for my own NFCU card. 

I'm trying to decide on applying for the CLOC but am not sure what amount to ask for.  I tried earlier this year and asked for the full 15k and got a denial.  I tried again right after for a much smaller amount and was still denied.  I'm wondering now that I have my own NFCU credit card will that change things with trying to get an approval for the CLOC?

Message 10110 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.