Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

The Platinum interest rate was 15%, my Cash Rewards is 17%. For some reason the interest rates on my Navy Cards are much higher than the rates on my other credit union cards, by far.

I guess you could say I’m guilty of just wanting a high limit card and I never used the Platinum. If I had gotten a much lower interest rate on the Platinum I may have kept it around for balance transfers but I have other cards with lower rates.
Message 10121 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
91 days for another NFCU Card after approval. On the Cloc, I first applied for $5K and was instantly approved. After 91 days I asked for an increase to $15K and also instantly approved.

do they do another HP for the CLOC CLI?

@Anonymous  Oh yes navy loves their pulls, they usually do so expect it if you don't get it be very happy.

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10122 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
The Platinum interest rate was 15%, my Cash Rewards is 17%. For some reason the interest rates on my Navy Cards are much higher than the rates on my other credit union cards, by far.

I guess you could say I’m guilty of just wanting a high limit card and I never used the Platinum. If I had gotten a much lower interest rate on the Platinum I may have kept it around for balance transfers but I have other cards with lower rates.

15% for the Plat is high. Usually that card starts with the lowest rate. I think mine is at 11 and I think @Anonymous is at <9%. And I will be asking to have mine lowered in a few months.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10123 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Not all Plats start with the lowest rate, i know mine didnt nor has. Some get lucky right off the bat , others have to work for itSmiley Wink
Message 10124 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Oh, and you can use basically any Navy card for BT when there is offere. Im currently using my CR on a 1.99% promoSmiley Wink
Message 10125 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Not all Plats start with the lowest rate, i know mine didnt nor has. Some get lucky right off the bat , others have to work for itSmiley Wink

Smiley Sad

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10126 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Oh, and you can use basically any Navy card for BT when there is offere. Im currently using my CR on a 1.99% promoSmiley Wink

Same here and using 0% BT promo on my Platinum. Luv it. Smiley Happy

Message 10127 of 17,187
rdrarmy
Valued Member

@Df82 and @CreditInspired, my Platinum started and currently still is at 13.24% as I have not hit a year with the card yet. However, my Flagship that I was just recently approved for is at lowest interest rate of 12.24%.

FICO 8 Starting Score: (2 DEC 17)

FICO 8 Current Score: (27 JAN 21)

FICO 8 Goal Score:

Hover over my cards to see my limits and utilization!
Message 10128 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

15% for the Plat is high. Usually that card starts with the lowest rate. I think mine is at 11 and I think @Anonymous is at <9%. And I will be asking to have mine lowered in a few months.

Navy really likes something about my profile and gave me a 7.99% approval (now 8.24%). They probably looked at my low income and surmised that I would be more likely to use their card and pay interest if they gave me the lowest APR. Who knows? What's baffling is my cashRewards PC to More Rewards hiked me all the way from 11.9 -> 17.24%. Smiley Frustrated

Message 10129 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My significant other got her CashRewards Visa on April 25th so today is 91 days after and has had 3 statements.  Thinking about pulling the trigger tonight or tomorrow.  Her current limit is $500 and has better scores than me.

My NFCU journey is ahead of hers so I got my first card in March and in early June my $500 card I increased to $1,500 and got approved for a more Rewards Amex for $20k.  So hoping for similar results.

Should we wait until tomorrow morning?

Message 10130 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.