cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

I t was an alert from TU. I called CSR and stated they pulled TU for CLI request.
Message 10171 of 10,553
Contributor

So would they approve a CLI 3x current limit or 3x original starting limit? I have had my Rewards card around 2 years and its at 6k and started at 2k after it was a secure card. My FICO 8s are 712-740 only baddie is a 4.5 year old non reporting charge off. I'm going to do a CLI this week.
Message 10172 of 10,553
Super Contributor

Just ask for $25K if your income is over $25K. There is no sense asking for less because they will counter with the max they’ll offer you if it isn’t $25K and you can’t get another increase for 6 months. 

While it’s uncommon to get more than 3X, it has been known to happen from time to time. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Hover over my cards to see my limits!
Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 10173 of 10,553
Contributor

25k is the limit without proof of income correct? It's not that I can't produce it but it's a hassle.
Thanks
Message 10174 of 10,553
Super Contributor

Correct, $25K is a safe ceiling before POI. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Goal cards: Does it look like I really need any more cards? My goal is to garden until 2/2020.
Message 10175 of 10,553
Contributor

So I just applied for the CLI for 18k. I have PIF every month I have had the card and I also have an auto loan that is always paid early and never late for 2 years. They came back at 16k. They pulled EQ9 I believe which is at 772 my only baddie being a 4.5 year old CO on EQ. Waiting for a CH7 to fall off or try to get early surrender in May 2020.
Next step is try for the 25k or the AMEX in May?
Message 10176 of 10,553
Valued Member

Just had a quick question. I think I've seen that shifting some limit from one NFCU card to another resets the CLI clock. Do you have to wait 6 months after a CLI to shift limit to the same card?

My Mr is coming up on 6 months. It started with only 1k and from what I've read I only expect to maybe move up to 3k. Really would like it to be more and considering moving some of my CR limit.

Just looking for advice, suggestions, experiences, etc.

Thanks
Message 10177 of 10,553
Super Contributor

@CommanderCody wrote:
Just had a quick question. I think I've seen that shifting some limit from one NFCU card to another resets the CLI clock. Do you have to wait 6 months after a CLI to shift limit to the same card?

My Mr is coming up on 6 months. It started with only 1k and from what I've read I only expect to maybe move up to 3k. Really would like it to be more and considering moving some of my CR limit.

Just looking for advice, suggestions, experiences, etc.

Thanks

Any credit limit increase or decrease will make you ineligible for a CLI for 6 months so both the donor card and receiving card get reset each time you move limits around. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Message 10178 of 10,553
Valued Member

Gotcha, either way will reset the clock. That's kinda what I thought the answer would be. Thanks for the help @Saeren.
Message 10179 of 10,553
Highlighted
Super Contributor

No problem!

I wasn’t advised of this upfront so I don’t want anyone to get stuck like I did. Neither of my cards is eligible until 8/20 because of my reallocation 2/20 when I opened my Platinum in December so I’m way past 91/3. 

Scores 1/2019:
Scores 9/2019:

Message 10180 of 10,553
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.