Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
crys12065
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
I hate Navy! I think my TU has like 7 or 8 hps from them lol. I flap SHIP you not🤯

😂😂 No kidding!!  My EQ and TU are riddled with Navy pulls.  At least they are usually worth it lol

In the garden until 2020
Message 10201 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, was supposed to say flag, not flap but glad yall got the refSmiley Wink
Message 10202 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember right the main denial was the BK and the util amount.  Still odd that they approved her for a new card and not a CLI.

I had her try again this morning and she got the 24 hour message.

Message 10203 of 17,187
shoegal
Valued Contributor

I hate Navy! I think my TU has like 7 or 8 hps from them lol. I flag SHIP you not🤯

Lol hard at that. 😂🤣

Mine are all on EQ. Navy loves pulling Equifax for me.

Message 10204 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hate Navy! I think my TU has like 7 or 8 hps from them lol. I flag SHIP you not🤯

Jeez I thought I was bad sitting at 5 between TU and EQ. I am losing one on each next month and it has me wondering if I should replace them. Smiley Wink

Message 10205 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I’m a newbie but I applied for a Navy FCU cash rewards card on June 24 2019 and was instantly approved for $5k. I think I’m hearing I need to wait 91 days and then I could apply for another card and a CLI, is that correct?

If so which card should I apply for to be my second?
What CLI should I request on my $5k cash rewards card.
How does the LOC tie into any of this and should I apply for all three (2nd card, CLI and new LOC)?
Message 10206 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Hi and welcome to MyFICO

At 91 days/3 statement cuts, you can request a CLI and you can ask for the max ($25K) because NFCU will counter or deny completely. Approval is based on their internal scoring and whether you’ve hit their max for your DTI. 

Only you know what your next card should be based on what you’re looking for—cashback or points. I suggest going to NFCU website and looking over what their cards have to offer in relationship to what you want and select one that fits your needs. 

I suggest not asking for a 2nd CC and a CLI at the same time. Request one, wait 6 months and then request the other. 

A CLOC is a checking line of credit. It’s tied to your checking account. CC use is more preferable than CLOCs because there’s a grace period with CCs and none with CLOCs. A CLOC is a great overdraft feature. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10207 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow such awesome advice thanks for taking the time to address my questions. I’m excited.
Message 10208 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Wow such awesome advice thanks for taking the time to address my questions. I’m excited.

Definitely be excited because you’ll see why the majority of us say, “NFCU rocks.”

Congrats. You’ve joined both a great forum and a great CU. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10209 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

If I remember right the main denial was the BK and the util amount.  Still odd that they approved her for a new card and not a CLI.

I had her try again this morning and she got the 24 hour message.

@Anonymous 

I can't say for 100% as i'm not Navy, but the biggest reason for a new card and no CLI, is that they gave you all the money you had on the table for the new card, so that there wasn't anything left to give for the CLI. We all have an internal limit/score that they don't tell us and that is what determines your ability with them. 

Message 10210 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.