AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Lol @shoegal Equihack is my graveyard for Pendread, i Promise youSmiley Wink
Message 10211 of 17,187
yoshi-ten1
Established Member

Hi Guys, does anyone know if Navy Federal also uses Equifax for student loan approvals?
Message 10212 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@yoshi-ten1 wrote:
Hi Guys, does anyone know if Navy Federal also uses Equifax for student loan approvals?

I don't have an exact answer. From my understanding, they pull EQ for car loans, CLOC, CLI. 

Message 10213 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Today was 181 days since I shuffled my limits around. CLI request submitted. HP on EQ. Now I wait. I asked for $7500, I’m expecting a counter of $3K-$4K since I can’t see NFCU letting my exposure exceed my income.

I hope it’s not a denial though. Navy has liked my profile so far so we will see.

My EQ9 was 715 this month which makes it 39 points higher than my last CLI request and I have no baddies except the BK left.
Message 10214 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:
Today was 181 days since I shuffled my limits around. CLI request submitted. HP on EQ. Now I wait. I asked for $7500, I’m expecting a counter of $3K-$4K since I can’t see NFCU letting my exposure exceed my income.

I hope it’s not a denial though. Navy has liked my profile so far so we will see.

My EQ9 was 715 this month which makes it 39 points higher than my last CLI request and I have no baddies except the BK left.

@Anonymous 

Good luckSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10215 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @Jnbmom

Hopefully my bank deciding to close my savings account because I froze my debit card isn’t a sign of things to come and this CLI request goes smoother. Just had to go through all the mess with them and they’ve sent it off to the branch to get it reopened. 🤦‍♂️ 

Message 10216 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @Jnbmom

Hopefully my bank deciding to close my savings account because I froze my debit card isn’t a sign of things to come and this CLI request goes smoother. Just had to go through all the mess with them and they’ve sent it off to the branch to get it reopened. 🤦‍♂️ 

@Anonymous 

Good grief what bank was that?? That's terrible. Well Navy always seems to pull through for usSmiley Happy

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10217 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks @Jnbmom

@Anonymous 

Good grief what bank was that?? That's terrible. Well Navy always seems to pull through for usSmiley Happy

FirstBank. Regional bank (CO, AZ, CA). They’re usually pretty good and from talking to the rep and tracing what happened, it seems like a system glitch, but I went to check my balance tonight and saw a deposit so I called to find out what it was and she said they closed my savings for not having the correct checking type and when we dug down into it, somehow my debit card got deleted as if I canceled it when I didn’t, I just left it frozen since I got it in June because I don’t use them. 

I am sure they will fix it. She gave me a $10 credit for the inconvenience too which is more than I would expect from a bank since I haven’t suffered any loss except about 10 minutes for the phone call. 

Message 10218 of 17,187
gjean78
Regular Contributor

Do I need to wait 91 days to refinance my car with Navy Federal after I get approved for a cash reward on June 4th? or does the 91 days rule only applicable when tryna get a second card with navy federal?

Message 10219 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@gjean78 wrote:
Do I need to wait 91 days to refinance my car with Navy Federal after I get approved for a cash reward on June 4th? or does the 91 days rule only applicable when tryna get a second card with navy federal?

3/91 applies to their credit cards and CLI. You should be good to go for the car loan refinance.

Message 10220 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.