Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

The Soft Pulls are really around the third week of previous month, at least for me and DW.  Have verified this with paper reports and score matching.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 10361 of 17,187
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

I didn't have any concept of what credit is myself last September. Never used it, never needed it and never cared.

I know better now. Wish I had started sooner, not in my 30s.

This forum is a game changer. I believe I'm better off now than had I started working on credit by self 15 yrs ago. Like you, I love this community for all it's help.

Back on topic though, my Secured nRewards statement cuts the 27th. My SP was on the 27th. Then my score updated on the 6th. I pulled my scores the 1st. The FICO 9 score on the app reflected my scores from the 27th, not the higher score from the 1st.

You may be right though, correlation doesn't equal causation.

That SP AR from the 27th may very well be them considering me for an account upgrade and have nothing to do the traditional ARs.

Idk, I hope some others check their Equifax SPs too and let me know.
Message 10362 of 17,187
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

When does your statements cut spiritcraft1?
Message 10363 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

The Soft Pulls are really around the third week of previous month, at least for me and DW.  Have verified this with paper reports and score matching.

Thank you, I really do not know, I read many post and went with that. Plus what happens to me.

This may help me, I screwed up and applied for a CLI way too early. But my next account cuts on Oct 5th, I opened and applied for a CLI on July 7th. Hoping that will be enough time. Well, Oct 7th+.

I'm also in the throws of a refinance deal, so this is secondary for now.

Message 10364 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good morning.

I opened my NFCU account in April 2019. Shortly after, I opened a secured card with them and always PIF. This passed Sunday, I was approved for an unsecured Cash Rewards with a 5,000 SL (I have a discharged ch.7 BK reporting, so my SL’s likely won’t be high to begin with). My question is, do I need to wait another 91 days to apply for any additional credit with NFCU?

What should be the next course of action? CLI or a third card (Amex or Platinum), or a CLOC? From what I understand, the secured card may or may not graduate, so I am just not sure what my next NFCU goal should beSmiley Happy

I assumed I should let the current lines grow and not apply for anything additional until at least December, but wasn’t sure as I see some people applying for say a CLI and a new card in the same day and getting approval.

Thanks in advance for any responsesSmiley Happy

Message 10365 of 17,187
CBTS
Frequent Contributor

@omgitsMatt wrote:
Back on topic though, my Secured nRewards statement cuts the 27th. My SP was on the 27th. Then my score updated on the 6th. I pulled my scores the 1st. The FICO 9 score on the app reflected my scores from the 27th, not the higher score from the 1st.

Navy does the AR on every 4th Tuesday of the month. August 27th was the 4th Tuesday of the month - your statement closing date on the same day happened to be a coincidence. The other poster was also right about July's AR because July 23rd was the 4th Tuesday of the month.

The time it takes for Navy to update the score on everyone's account after the AR varies - some months they update it in around 10 days and some months it takes over 2 weeks. But as far as I can tell, the updated scores are reflected online the same day for everyone once Navy decides to do it.

Message 10366 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, @uncleB can you help me with my signature? I tried images but they all came out funky, so tried a text only, looks okay but boring to read. I want the cool credit score numbers boxes then the cool CC's in boxes with limits, etc. 

I have learned so much from here, I want to also share what I learned on my own, plus share my progress, (although slow), but if I say so myself, I am not doing too bad after a bad time about 6 years ago, (co-sign), ate me alive.

Hi @Anonymous, you might have tried too early... you have to be at the rank of 'Member' to put images in your signature (which you now are) but if you tried when you were still a 'New Member' it wouldn't have worked.

Go to this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/SmorgasBoard/THIS-IS-HOW-YOU-ADD-CREDIT-CARD-PICS-TO-YOUR-PROFILE/td-p/2262839

I'm subscribed there as well, and will be able to help if you need it.  Smiley Wink

Message 10367 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@CBTS wrote:

@omgitsMatt wrote:

Navy does the AR on every 4th Tuesday of the month. August 27th was the 4th Tuesday of the month - your statement closing date on the same day happened to be a coincidence. The other poster was also right about July's AR because July 23rd was the 4th Tuesday of the month.

The time it takes for Navy to update the score on everyone's account after the AR varies - some months they update it in around 10 days and some months it takes over 2 weeks. But as far as I can tell, the updated scores are reflected online the same day for everyone once Navy decides to do it.

That's right.  It is on that Tuesday.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 10368 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@CBTS wrote:

@omgitsMatt wrote:

Yes and sometimes a holiday makes them pull sooner as in XMas.  Last year they pulled earlier in Nov-Dec and there was a flurry of offers and approvals in time for the holiday spend season.

All of the FICO's you get out there, Discover, DCU, PSECU, Elements, NASA etc. are all delayed like that.  They do what they do with those before sharing them with us.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -

Message 10369 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I REALLLY want this AMEX card. I was planning on holding off until November or December to apply, but I'd like to get the start-up bonus. Am disappointed (and surprised) that this offer expires at the end of October, though it's great that the offer exists in the first place! 

Does Navy usually or often have a start-up bonus for the AMEX card? If I wait will I be likely to see an equally tempting offer in December or November?

My three statements and 91 days comes up later this month, so I could apply. My credit profile hasn't dramatically changed since I was approved for a cash Rewards card in June, though I do have a modest balance reporting on my Disco card which I didn't when was approved for my first Navy card. My util is going down each month (as it does) and my debt to income ratio is the same (about 19%). My TU score has gone up only a point (it went down after the Navy card in June and has since gone back up). Always paid my cash Rewards card on time and in full.

This would be my second card with Navy. I'll pull the trigger and take a shot later this month if I have a decent chance at being accepted... Any suggestions would be welcome! 

Go for it.

You look to be in a better spot than I was at card 2 and I got a plat at $15k but ymmv.

Navy is good for second cards as I have found out. All you have to really lose is a hard pull :/

Thank you for your advice! I'm gonna do it!!!

The big difference in my profile now (as compared to when I was approved for the cash Rewards in June) is the somewhat modest balance on the Disco card. Everything else is the same or a little better. I'd prefer to wait, but I don't want to miss that bonus! Cat LOL

Message 10370 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.