Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

If you were just approved for a new card it is highly recommended to wait at least another 3 months before applying again . 5k is nor a small limit in my mind though to each their own. A cloc is different than a cc so you can apply anytime just prepare for another hp.

Message 10371 of 17,187
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

@CBTS wrote:

@omgitsMatt wrote:
Back on topic though, my Secured nRewards statement cuts the 27th. My SP was on the 27th. Then my score updated on the 6th. I pulled my scores the 1st. The FICO 9 score on the app reflected my scores from the 27th, not the higher score from the 1st.

Navy does the AR on every 4th Tuesday of the month. August 27th was the 4th Tuesday of the month - your statement closing date on the same day happened to be a coincidence. The other poster was also right about July's AR because July 23rd was the 4th Tuesday of the month.

The time it takes for Navy to update the score on everyone's account after the AR varies - some months they update it in around 10 days and some months it takes over 2 weeks. But as far as I can tell, the updated scores are reflected online the same day for everyone once Navy decides to do it.

Yes and sometimes a holiday makes them pull sooner as in XMas.  Last year they pulled earlier in Nov-Dec and there was a flurry of offers and approvals in time for the holiday spend season.

All of the FICO's you get out there, Discover, DCU, PSECU, Elements, NASA etc. are all delayed like that.  They do what they do with those before sharing them with us.

Thanks for that information! I was confident it was a coincidence, but compulsion was driving me to know for certain!

That's very helpful and allows me to be better prepared as I brace myself for an application for anything in the future, thanks spiritcraft1 & CBTS

edit/

I'll ask for a PC, APR reduction or CLI right after an AR I prepared for now that I know it's the 4th Tuesday of every month. Very very very good to know, thanks again guys

Message 10372 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
If you were just approved for a new card it is highly recommended to wait at least another 3 months before applying again . 5k is nor a small limit in my mind though to each their own. A cloc is different than a cc so you can apply anytime just prepare for another hp.

So the CLOC doesn't count?  They denied me in Feb after seeing it in "my offers".  It is now back and is tempting me.  I don't need it aside from just the fact of having it for additional available credit.   Last ask for anything from NFCU was Feb 2nd or something so I am beyond 181/3.

I would also like to go for my third card but will likely wait until after we get the $4k spend done on DW's new Flagship.  Otherwise we will be buying stuff we don't need which is never a good move! Smiley Happy  We don't do that but points fever can get you.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 10373 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@uncleB You rock. Thank you.

I am playing with a thin line, and need to take heed of what I learn from here. I apply what is said here to other credit situations and it is perfect information. I started two years ago, but only since, couple months ago, I found this forum, have made much progress since.

Going to apply for a NFCU CR Visa Card CLI next month. Do not really need a CLOC, but wouldn't mind a second card, maybe the NFCU AmEx Card? Anybody know if I should apply for them both at the same time, single HP, or wait?

I do not spend anywhere near that much money, but it helps my UTIL. I need to all but max out several cards, before a refinance appraisal. Today I can afford the maxed out CC's payment for about three months, the fourth month, I get behind. Unless the loan goes through.

Message 10374 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the input. I am definitely happy that I was approved for the 5,000 starting limit on the Cash Rewards card and agree it’s a great starting point in my rebuild journeySmiley Happy

I’m going to sit with what I have for now since the Secured card I have with them should graduate after 10/24 ( Navy told me in a message that I opened my secured card on 4/24, so after 6 closed statements it would be up for review to graduate). I will look into the CLOC sometime in the future as I think I need to let my recent inquiries age for a little while before I press my luck any further and take another Hard Pull. I’m going to focus on making sure my utilization is as little as possible before 10/24 in hopes of the Secured card graduating to a nice unsecured amount as wellSmiley Happy

I credit this Forum for educating me and guiding me on the right path to a successful rebuild!

Message 10375 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I decided since I already have a spree that’s going to significantly drop my AAOA, I would take a stab at the More Rewards as my third card. Instant decline. I know people have said in the past when they have gotten the maximum unsecured limit message when asking for a CLI that they have gotten a third card approved but that is not the case for me. I know I could message them and have them take some of the limit from one of my other cards to open it but it will just be in the SD and further drop my AAOA which would just force me to garden longer so I’m writing off the HP but sharing my DPs. 

Hit my one year anniversary earlier this month, TU HP 759 F9, $15,200 exposure ($2000 cashRewards, $12,700 Platinum, $500 CLOC), $18K income, <5% aggregate utilization. 

Message 10376 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So I decided since I already have a spree that’s going to significantly drop my AAOA, I would take a stab at the More Rewards as my third card. Instant decline. I know people have said in the past when they have gotten the maximum unsecured limit message when asking for a CLI that they have gotten a third card approved but that is not the case for me. I know I could message them and have them take some of the limit from one of my other cards to open it but it will just be in the SD and further drop my AAOA which would just force me to garden longer so I’m writing off the HP but sharing my DPs. 

Hit my one year anniversary earlier this month, TU HP 721 F8 (F9 unknown), $15,200 exposure ($2000 cashRewards, $12,700 Platinum, $500 CLOC), $18K income, <5% aggregate utilization. 

This is an interesting data point. I will be apping my 3rd card after 10/7 and my scores are around 660. My current exposure is 15,700 on two cards (700 CR and 15k plat). I wonder what my result will be considering the lower score. My income however is higher as well as my utilization (im at 28% across all cards with a 24,900 total aggregate limit).

I am hoping to get another platinum to transfer my last few balances so everything is 0% for a while.

Message 10377 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hit my one year anniversary earlier this month, TU HP 721 F8 (F9 unknown), $15,200 exposure ($2000 cashRewards, $12,700 Platinum, $500 CLOC), $18K income, <5% aggregate utilization. 

This is an interesting data point. I will be apping my 3rd card after 10/7 and my scores are around 660. My current exposure is 15,700 on two cards (700 CR and 15k plat). I wonder what my result will be considering the lower score. My income however is higher as well as my utilization (im at 28% across all cards with a 24,900 total aggregate limit).

I am hoping to get another platinum to transfer my last few balances so everything is 0% for a while.

Income and DTI are more important to NFCU than scores. They definitely are known to be stricter on third cards than first and second though. The auto decline shocked me since NFCU likes to review just about every app that doesn’t get auto approved. 

Message 10378 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

income and DTI are more important to NFCU than scores. They definitely are known to be stricter on third cards than first and second though. The auto decline shocked me since NFCU likes to review just about every app that doesn’t get auto approved. 

That sucks.  DW just got her third card and that will mean I will be waiting for a bit since we have to fulfill the spend for the SUB.  I am on a personal streak of three denials at the moment, CLOC, CLI and 3rd card though 6 months have passed since.  They likely looked at me as trying to get too much, too soon after graduation and Flagship.  Our third cards will come Saeren!

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 10379 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean I could get my third card today if I sent a SM and took some from one of my other cards. In my case, I just am too poor to have any additional credit extended 🤣.

I will see how things look when my year of Disco match is over. No point taking another hit on my AAOA when I have 4 cards waiting to report and a 5th app pending when I will just SD the card because $50 redemption thresholds are bogus.

Message 10380 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.