Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello I applied for a $15k CLOC from Navy Federal and was denied because my request exceeds maximum unsecured loan limit. So far I only have a $5k cash rewards can't and a $10k personal loan and my income is $60k. Can anyone shed some light on what my maximum unsecured limit would even be?

@Anonymous 

Navy has a internal limit. (they won't tell us what it is)  As you build history with them that will go up.   I dont make as much as you do, but i have 14k on my CLOC, so i'm guessing that you are new with Navy?    Also, while that was the reason, is it possible you have high DTI?  

I get that maximum exposure reason all the time, but i'm at 112% unsecured of income with them.   It takes time, but you will get there i'm sure. 

Message 10501 of 17,187
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

@jago22 so my post was a little off. I have the navy secure in August of 19. And I got the CLOC today. Question was is it 91/3 for the cloc to get a cli, or is it 91/3 on the secured and the cloc to get an increase.
Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 10502 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aesl1982 wrote:
@jago22 so my post was a little off. I have the navy secure in August of 19. And I got the CLOC today. Question was is it 91/3 for the cloc to get a cli, or is it 91/3 on the secured and the cloc to get an increase.

@aesl1982   So the 91/3 is only for the cards be it a CLI or another card you have to wait.   The CLOC is a loan even tho it shows up on Util like a card.   There isn't really alot of data points on when you ask for a CLOC CLI, but i would say 6 months would be enough time to build some history and get your internal limit up with them to see a difference in the CLOC amount.  91/3 may work for that as well, just not a lot of info/DPs on that one. 

Message 10503 of 17,187
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Any of the recent nfcu approvals today here got pulled for new application the experian ?
Message 10504 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jccflat wrote:
Any of the recent nfcu approvals today here got pulled for new application the experian ?

@Jccflat   For a new card?    TU9 is 99% of the time, EQ9 1% of the time and in the 2+ years i've been here i've seen "maybe" 3 people say they had EX pulled, and not really even able to verify those.

About the only time they will pull another CB is the other ones they try first are frozen, but that is not recommended as it can cause them to be less friendly in the future. 

Message 10505 of 17,187
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

@jago22 thanks for your answer. The secured is my name only, the cloc is “joint” but going to report to both our reports. Only pulled my credit. Still haven’t seen a HP maybe I lucked out. Maybe I’ll have the wife app for a cc this time.
Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 10506 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@aesl1982 wrote:
@jago22 thanks for your answer. The secured is my name only, the cloc is “joint” but going to report to both our reports. Only pulled my credit. Still haven’t seen a HP maybe I lucked out. Maybe I’ll have the wife app for a cc this time.

NP, always glad to help when i can.   

Look forward to hearing of your future successes. 

Message 10507 of 17,187
DJRobbieD
Regular Contributor

1. @DJRobbieD wrote:

Looking for some further advice... next month I will hit my 91/3 mark on a $10k NFCU Platinum MC that was approved back on 7/12/19.  As mentioned in a previous post, I expected a higher SL based on my income ($330k) and FICOs (mid-high 700s), but suspect that my overall UT at the time (35%) was a handcuff.  Since then, UT is way down (now <10%) and FICOs now over 800 (see my signature for additional DPs).

So my question is what's the next best course of action with NFCU to maximize my total unsecured exposure with them once I hit the 91/3 mark next month? Request a 3x CLI on the Platinum, apply for a 2nd card, or both? If both, in what order? 

I'd prefer not to open a 2nd NFCU card right now after opening new cards with NFCU (reporting), Chase (reporting), and Apple (not yet reporting) in the last 2 months which is driving down my AAoA, but I'm not against the idea as I'm going to be gardening for a couple years anyway after this recent spree.  I'm just wondering if it'd better to stick with 3x CLI request for now, then trying another CLI request next year (at least 6 months, right?) to get me up to the $50k max on the Platinum, for the cost of two EQ HPs.

Bump

TCL: $401.4k
Message 10508 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@DJRobbieD wrote:

1. @DJRobbieD wrote:

Looking for some further advice... next month I will hit my 91/3 mark on a $10k NFCU Platinum MC that was approved back on 7/12/19.  As mentioned in a previous post, I expected a higher SL based on my income ($330k) and FICOs (mid-high 700s), but suspect that my overall UT at the time (35%) was a handcuff.  Since then, UT is way down (now <10%) and FICOs now over 800 (see my signature for additional DPs).

So my question is what's the next best course of action with NFCU to maximize my total unsecured exposure with them once I hit the 91/3 mark next month? Request a 3x CLI on the Platinum, apply for a 2nd card, or both? If both, in what order? 

I'd prefer not to open a 2nd NFCU card right now after opening new cards with NFCU (reporting), Chase (reporting), and Apple (not yet reporting) in the last 2 months which is driving down my AAoA, but I'm not against the idea as I'm going to be gardening for a couple years anyway after this recent spree.  I'm just wondering if it'd better to stick with 3x CLI request for now, then trying another CLI request next year (at least 6 months, right?) to get me up to the $50k max on the Platinum, for the cost of two EQ HPs.

Bump

Navy doesn't do 3X CLI--that's AmX.

You can request the maximum of up to $50K CL on the Platinum. And NFCU will counter if that amount is too high. IME, NFCU gives CLIs when they see high spend and large payments. So have you been using your Platinum $10K limit a lot.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 10509 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Navy lovers.....

I was wondering, I know that Navy has several cards but I'm sure each card has it's own min and max spending limits that can be given on each card, correct?

Also as far as your second and third cc apps, which cards are better to app for with each one or is it just on your preference of awards and %?
Message 10510 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.