Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal 2nd card question.

^ SM them back. Ask if they can recycle hard pull for another card.
Message 10811 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Alternatively, I believe you can also product change cards. However, you won't get the SUB Sign Up Bonus.
Message 10812 of 17,187
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Flagship Sub question here....how long after your 3 months initial period did you see your bonus sub points post in your account?

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 10813 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Peazmom wrote:

Flagship Sub question here....how long after your 3 months initial period did you see your bonus sub points post in your account?

4th statement.

Message 10814 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get approval on the More Rewards Amex card (first Amex!) with an SL of $500. They wouldn’t budge on that so I may see if I can reallocate some from my CLI over to it. I’m hoping it will grow too.

They did reference my CLI in their decision. I must be at my internal credit limit with NFCU for now.
Message 10815 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’m going to use this to BT from my Discover Secured that refuses to graduate. I will close that one seeing as how they approved me for a 2nd card that is unsecured. I just want my deposit back and taking advantage of the intro 0% BT on the More Rewards will work well.

Thank you for the help!!
Message 10816 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I was able to get approval on the More Rewards Amex card (first Amex!) with an SL of $500. They wouldn’t budge on that so I may see if I can reallocate some from my CLI over to it. I’m hoping it will grow too.

They did reference my CLI in their decision. I must be at my internal credit limit with NFCU for now.

Thanks for the update. While not the starting limit you were looking for, at least you were able to make use of the hard pull. Give Navy time to build up more history. If not the 3 month mark, 6 months would be better.

Message 10817 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

My son started out with a $500 secured card, and I applied 91/3 and he really just got approved for cash rewards of $15k. He is only 20 years old. I am dumb founded. He is so excited its crazy. I been helping him build his credit since june this year added the self lender and my jewelry. so far so good. he had 0 credit and to get approved for 15k after a secured is incredible. YEAH NAVY!!!

Message 10818 of 17,187
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My son started out with a $500 secured card, and I applied 91/3 and he really just got approved for cash rewards of $15k. He is only 20 years old. I am dumb founded. He is so excited its crazy.

Just make sure he isn't so excited that he immediately maxes out his new card! Part of credit education for children is teaching them to excercise discipline and keep card utilization as low as possible...

Message 10819 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well that was quick.  No go on the Flagship. Does that mean I wouldn't be approved for any of their other cards for a 2nd card?

The clue that you reached your internal limit with Navy was when you asked for 3X CLI to $15K, & they gave you $12K. Great increase, but still not 3X, so that should be the tip off that your internal limit was maxed for the time being. You just need to add time to your relationship with NFCU... good things will happen if you take your time. Navy is like a good-looking girl that plays hard to get- if you show too much interest too soon they aren't as interested, haha!

Message 10820 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.