Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal 2nd card question.

@credit_endurance wrote:

This might be a dumb question but going ask anyways😂 Where is this prequalication tool located on the site? 

It's not on the site, you have to call and ask a rep to run it for you. Apparently not all reps have been told it exists so you may need to HUCA. 

Message 10831 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@credit_endurance , nothing exists on site. Supposedly by calling in you can ask for it though it seems its hit or miss with CSRs.

In regards to no baddies on report other than bk7, thats as big a baddie as you can have, so i would temper expectations early on.
Message 10832 of 17,187
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Oh Huh Got ya. 😀 Seem to learn something new on this site everyday 😎 Not saying Im going to actually try this but it's good to know. 😉

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 10833 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@averagejoescredit
Is that to me? I have no expectations regarding NFCU. I have the one card with them and that is good.
I simply asked about a 2nd card curious when it seems those with chap 7 seem to get okayed. I prefer to not get a HP without an idea if I have a pretty good chance with it. 😁
Message 10834 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@averagejoescredit
Is that to me? I have no expectations regarding NFCU. I have the one card with them and that is good.
I simply asked about a 2nd card curious when it seems those with chap 7 seem to get okayed. I prefer to not get a HP without an idea if I have a pretty good chance with it. 😁

Call them and see if you have any offers per this thread below.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/NAVY-DOES-WHAT-NOW/td-p/5760284

Message 10835 of 17,187
Hex
Valued Contributor

Can you get two of the same Navy credit cards and if you can will they give you the SUB for the duplicate card? I’m thinking of closing my low limit Cash Rewards moving the CL to my Amex and then applying for a second Amex. Anyone done this?
Message 10836 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Hex wrote:
Can you get two of the same Navy credit cards and if you can will they give you the SUB for the duplicate card? I’m thinking of closing my low limit Cash Rewards moving the CL to my Amex and then applying for a second Amex. Anyone done this?

Yes, you can have two of the same cards from data points I've read. I'm not sure on the SUB.

Message 10837 of 17,187
jmos
Regular Contributor

Hello Disneymom234. I was curious as to whether those with a recent CH 7 Discharge (10/2017) would be elegible for the Navy Prequal. I called last night and inquired with a nice CSR. I gave him my information and he came back and told me that I'm only prequalified for the Secured Card. I went through that process when I started my rebuild. I now already have two cards with Navy: the Platinum and the Cash Rewards. Oh well. I'm very happy with Navy Federal nonetheless.

Message 10838 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jmos when did you get the second card?
Message 10839 of 17,187
jmos
Regular Contributor

I was approved for the 2nd card (Platinum) on 4/29/2019 and then received a CLI on 7/30/2019, about 93 days later.

Message 10840 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.