Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

^ Congratulations on your approval!
Message 11011 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jago22

Would you be able to help me with my signature? Thanks in advance!

Message 11012 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Jago22

Would you be able to help me with my signature? Thanks in advance!

@Anonymous 

Are you looking to learn how or have me build it? 

Send me a PM and we can figure it out. 

Message 11013 of 17,187
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

/edit - Answered my own questions via searching, but if anyone has any thoughts or tips about it beyond APR reductions (which is no) or CLI (which is yes) I'd love to hear them, you guys are the best informed about Navy and have always been amazing and helpful.

Hi guys,

Quick question!

I applied for a CLOC and requested 15k, I was counter offered $500 (which is absolutely fine, I expected it)

You can't request an APR reduction on it in time when your profile gets stronger, can you?

How do CLIs work on the CLOC too? Same as the CCs, every six months?

I haven't decided if I'll accept it yet

Message 11014 of 17,187
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@omgitsMatt wrote:

/edit - Answered my own questions via searching, but if anyone has any thoughts or tips about it beyond APR reductions (which is no) or CLI (which is yes) I'd love to hear them, you guys are the best informed about Navy and have always been amazing and helpful.

Hi guys,

Quick question!

I applied for a CLOC and requested 15k, I was counter offered $500 (which is absolutely fine, I expected it)

You can't request an APR reduction on it in time when your profile gets stronger, can you?

No, the APR you're given will be there for the life of the CLOC. 

I don't know on the CLI for the CLOC, as I've never asked for one on mine. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 11015 of 17,187
Finendandy2

Yes.  I did it.  I had credit limits of $3K, $25K and $33K and combined into single card of $61K.

Message 11016 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Adkins wrote:

@omgitsMatt wrote:

Hi guys,

Quick question!

No, the APR you're given will be there for the life of the CLOC. 

I don't know on the CLI for the CLOC, as I've never asked for one on mine. 

@omgitsMatt 

+1   Once you have that APR you will always have that APR, but since you didn't get the max of 15k for the CLOC, you can wait till your profile improves and app for another one which could have a lower APR.    I had the Navy rep explain that one to me awhile ago, so not sure if it can still be done, but it's nice option to have so your not technically stuck with a high APR.  Not sure if you can combine them like the card either tho. 

Message 11017 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Apparently due to my geographical location, Uber's merchant code is different and I will not receive 3x for transit. Bummer. 

However, I am getting 3x for Gpay transactions- no idea why- but okay! 

Message 11018 of 17,187
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

Got my Flagship to 74K!

Inching ever closer to the 80k max!

2020 will be the year. I can feel it.

Running 15-25k through it monthly. It's my expense card and personal daily card.

Use my USAA 5% Amex for gas.

Both of these cards post rewards fast. I generate rewards so fast on the NFCU card that the minimum redemption level is but a mild annoyance

NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 11019 of 17,187
aesl1982
Regular Contributor

I got my secured n rewards card on August 23rd, my 91/3 is on November 24th I believe. Getting ready to pull the trigger for a second card. Nervous hoping I get it and a nice SL. I’ll def try the prequal tool.
Discover it miles 9/19 Sl 5000 | Care Credit 9/19 SL 3500 | Cap 1 QS 4/14 AU 500 | Cap 1 QS1 4/14 AU 600 | NFCU Secured 8/19 200 | NFCU CLOC 9/19 500 | NFCU auto 10/19 6.29 66k | NFCU Auto 4.9% 37k
Experian- 702
Equifax- 676
Transunion- 611
Util- 9%
Message 11020 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.