Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2ND CARD

I was approved for the AMEX card on 9/10/19 - $10,000 SL.  I first used the card on 9/18/19.  I already have two statements and on 11/29/19 I will have my 3rd statement, but it will not yet be 91 days.  I'm hoping to apply for a 2nd card at my 91/3, so I'm confused as to when that date will be because as I said on 11/29/19 I will have 3 cut statements from Navy Fed in hand.  Do I wait 91 days toapply for 2nd card -even though I will have 3 cut statements in hand on 11/29/19?  I printed out the statements just to make sure I wasn't loosing my mind.  I'mso ready to appy for card #2 and hoping for a killer SL arounf $25,000 which is what I plan to ask for.  I have tons of student loans but all accounts are in good standing.   Balance on AMEX is about $6,800 today.  What should I do to get 2nd card approved, should I wait until the 91 days haspassed or since I actually have 3 statements in hand on 11/29/19 should I go for it and apply for the 2nd card?  I need the 2nd card for my upcoming vacation expenses?  ANy advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks.Smiley Happy

Message 11071 of 17,187
tpdtopcop
Regular Contributor

Ok quick question got a $500 secured card in Jan 2019. Never used and couldn’t figure out why it never graduated. Started using in Aug of this year and graduated October statement. So when can I apply for second card?
Current Scores

Message 11072 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re:Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@tpdtopcop now is a perfect time to apply
Message 11073 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@tpdtopcop wrote:
Ok quick question got a $500 secured card in Jan 2019. Never used and couldn’t figure out why it never graduated. Started using in Aug of this year and graduated October statement. So when can I apply for second card?

Right now if you want.  Graduating has no influence on anything as far as I know.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 11074 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question time.

I can deposit up to $4,500 from my cashRewards to my checking account. Would I incur a fee for that? 

I want to open an SSL. From what I understand I can pay back the amount I take out within a few days.

How do I do this?

Message 11075 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re:Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

To everyone new here please do not change the subject of the response.
And as for depositing money into your account it would be like a cash advance so you would end up paying for it more than trying for a regular personal loan
Message 11076 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re:Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:
And as for depositing money into your account it would be like a cash advance so you would end up paying for it more than trying for a regular personal loan

I'm not new here- and despite the title; this is where the NFCU members live, poop and breathe. If I have a question regarding NFCU why make a new thread when all of the experts are here? I will let OP define what new 'cards' entails because there are many other questions in this huge thread about other lines of credit offered by NFCU.

source (1).gif

Message 11077 of 17,187
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Question time.

I can deposit up to $4,500 from my cashRewards to my checking account. Would I incur a fee for that? 

I want to open an SSL. From what I understand I can pay back the amount I take out within a few days.

How do I do this?

You would NOT incur a FEE for doing a cash advance into your checking account. The interest rate would be based on the interest rate for your card.

Message 11078 of 17,187
steelers1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Re:Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Not neccessarily true. The interest rate would be based on the interest rate of your card. There are Platinum cards from NFCU that have lower interest rates than a personal loan.

Message 11079 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@steelers1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Question time.

How do I do this?

You would NOT incur a FEE for doing a cash advance into your checking account. The interest rate would be based on the interest rate for your card.

Okay, that's what I would be doing a transfer from the card to my attached checking. So, theoretaically, if I take it out on a Monday and repay it by Friday; I wouldn't incur any interest because I paid it before my statement cuts? Thanks for your help.

Message 11080 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.