Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Re:Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Threw my Navy score in the sig. That was from my MR bonk on signup couple months back. Looking forward to update when NR comes in the mail if listed on approvals as mentioned prior. Smiley Wink Maybe we can figure some DPs for it going forward if everyone participates.

Message 11151 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Aim_High wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

Once you apply for a NFCU credit product, you get the internal score via letter when you are either approved or declined. 

Thanks, @CreditInspired.  I've been busy and probably missed that in the approval documents they sent me with the card. 

You only get the letter if you didn't get the lowest APR. 

Thanks, @Anonymous, very helpful.  I got the lowest APR and I hadn't been able to find anything in my mailings about the Navy Internal Score since the earlier postings today. 

Yeah same thing happened to me with both of my cards since I got the lowest APR on them. I didn't see my internal score until my third card denial. 

Soooo .... the trick for those with good credit who get the best rate is to keep applying until you get denied so you can learn your internal score?  Lol  Smiley Tongue   ... Got it.

They don't always give it to you then either 😂 

Message 11152 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Navy mail CLI decline letters? If so is Navy score listed?

BTW, NFCU Score ranges from 100 to 450.

Key factors that affected score:

# of Bank cards reported

# of Balance decreases on non-mortgage accounts in last 3 months

Ratio of accounts opened in last 24 months to all accounts

# of Inquiries

The only bank card I had showing was the unsecured Cap1 Plat at the time with 4 retail cards. Thin profile + new NFCU membership.

Message 11153 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Does Navy mail CLI decline letters? If so is Navy score listed?

Yes and not always. 

Message 11154 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently was approved for the Cash Rewards NFCU. The SL is a $1000 on Monday, November 23, 2019. Should I appy for a second card to see if I will get a better SL or just wait for the 91/3? I did message NFCU and they said that was the best that they could do at this moment in time.  I didn't want to burn another inquiry if you guys think it will be a denial. 

My stats are Equifax 636 TransUnion 646 Experian 643

Income $135,000

Message 11155 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently was approved for the Cash Rewards NFCU. The SL is a $1000 on Monday, November 23, 2019. Should I appy for a second card to see if I will get a better SL or just wait for the 91/3? I did message NFCU and they said that was the best that they could do at this moment in time.  I didn't want to burn another inquiry if you guys think it will be a denial. 

My stats are Equifax 636 TransUnion 646 Experian 643

Income $135,000

This soon, I think it would be a denial despite income, DTI, scores etc.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 11156 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats why I am asking. If it is too soon. I will gladly wait. I just have not seen much information on the board in regards to my question. I will gladly wait if need be. 

Message 11157 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

91/3 is Navy's rule for extending additional credit, be it a CLI or new card. You would burn an HP for nothing. 

Message 11158 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I had a secured card with NFCU that unsecured last month and PC to a Go Rewards, also applied for the cash rewards in Oct of this year.  My 91/3 will be Jan 2nd.  Now would it be better to cold app for a third card, or perhaps move the $2K limit from the Go Rewards to the Cash Rewards and close it out, then I would be applying for a second card.   Thoughts?

Message 11159 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

What is credit limit of 2nd card?

Message 11160 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.