Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Third Card

It’s a Visa Signature with a limit of $14,000
Message 11161 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

I would say go for 3rd card. Go Rewards seems useful.

What would be your other card of choice, Flagship, Platinum?

Message 11162 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was thinking the Amex, thought about the Flagship but my company pays my travel so wouldn’t be worth it for me.

Message 11163 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

The More Rewards seems usefull too. Though, it might overlap your Go rewards. Have all 3? At least you'll have card(s) to request CLI request on.

Message 11164 of 17,187
VanderSnoot
Established Contributor

I love the More Rewards card. It's my go to card for groceries, gas, and dining, which is the majority of my spend.

Message 11165 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Out of curiosity, how does the More Rewards work?

Since it' runs on Amex network, does it code the same as their core cards with the same Grocery category? I have the Go Rewards Visa and considered PC'ing it to the More for the additional Grocery spend. If it's even possible. But if it will not code where I shop, same as BCP. Then It's not worth the effort to do so.

That aside, how versatile are redemption of the points? 

Also, since Amex governs the benefits and protections on this card. Is Roadside Assitance going to remain? Seems like some of Amex's  other cards are removing it.

Thanks!

Message 11166 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Since it' runs on Amex network, does it code the same as their core cards with the same Grocery category? I have the Go Rewards Visa and considered PC'ing it to the More for the additional Grocery spend. If it's even possible. But if it will not code where I shop, same as BCP. Then It's not worth the effort to do so.

Also, since Amex governs the benefits and protections on this card. Is Roadside Assitance going to remain? Seems like some of Amex's  other cards are removing it.

Thanks!

To my knowledge it only uses the Amex network, but does not give card benefits such as RSA. Though NFCU itself might offer benefits in relation to the Amex card. 

Message 11167 of 17,187
Ivylicious1908
Regular Contributor

At Rebuildstartsnow2018

Message 11168 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks!

To my knowledge it only uses the Amex network, but does not give card benefits such as RSA. Though NFCU itself might offer benefits in relation to the Amex card. 

Most benefits are provided by NFCU (including the reward points) but there are some limited perks provided by the Amex Network:

https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/navyfederal/morerewards/cardbenefits.html 

Message 11169 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Imho no cli given from Navy is a joke. People will say that then days, weeks, months later Navy will give them huge limits and THAN they are happy. Sorry any cli given should be thankful for as its usually a means to an end and there are many people who dont get any or ever know what it feels like to get those huge starting limits. Just an average thought from this average dudeSmiley Wink
Message 11170 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.