Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@

First, they can't do a HP unless you authorize it, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

As for the CLI, although small, NFCU increased my CR Visa from $1K to $3K on my 91/3 last Oct. My then FOCO score averaged 671.

Message 11261 of 17,187
Matt9543
Established Contributor

What's everyone's opinions on just a $500 CLOC application just for the protection? The 16th of December is my 91/3 date so I was thinking about applying for the Flagship Rewards as well, but want to know the best method of applying for both.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 11262 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@

First, they can't do a HP unless you authorize it, so it shouldn't be a surprise.

As for the CLI, although small, NFCU increased my CR Visa from $1K to $3K on my 91/3 last Oct. My then FOCO score averaged 671.

By "surprise" I meant in the context of this weeks wave of SP CLI's.  Myself, I expect another HP to add to my collection of Failed NFCU HP's. Smiley Happy  

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 11263 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Plus, probably shouldn't of applied with a HP for a CLOC. But did anyway an hour or so ago. I asked for $1000 CLOC, they called and countered with $500. I'm happy for what I can get.

Now I need to figure out how to use it for overdraft protection.

I am moving my checking from SECU, (State Employees Credit Union), to NFCU soon, so want it to be set up first.

FYI; Opened checking & the CR Visa in early June, $1K SL. Applied for a CLI in Oct @ 91/3 +- approved for $3K on Visa. ONLY 60 days, now, applied for the CLOC and approved.

Message 11264 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@shoegal wrote:

After reading about AJC's and Saeren successes, I tried for a CLI for my card and one of the DH cards. That was around midnight, I checked a few hours later and the DH got a $4k CLI from $9,000 to $13,000. I think mine was what denied since there's no new credit line.🤷🏻‍♀️

Both cards will be 2 years old in Feb and we only asked for a CLI once in May 2018.

Congrats to DH @shoegal , sorry on your denial.  It will happenSmiley Happy. My TU is a Navy HP graveyardSmiley Wink

Message 11265 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@

Actually they can. If you solicite credit, you are giving them authorization. If one locks their reports but Navy wants to pull, if its worth a cli better unlock them. Nothing says they have to give credit for freeSmiley Wink. Its just nice when they doSmiley Happy

Message 11266 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Matt9543 wrote:

What's everyone's opinions on just a $500 CLOC application just for the protection? The 16th of December is my 91/3 date so I was thinking about applying for the Flagship Rewards as well, but want to know the best method of applying for both.

It will be seperate pulls anyway but if you are going for cloc dont sell yourself short. If you dont want to try for full 15k at lesst try for more thsn $500 to see if they counterSmiley Wink

Message 11267 of 17,187
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

It will be seperate pulls anyway but if you are going for cloc dont sell yourself short. If you dont want to try for full 15k at lesst try for more thsn $500 to see if they counterSmiley Wink

Do you think that it will affect my chances at getting another card at 91/3?

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 11268 of 17,187
coreyb80
Super Contributor

The 5th statement cut on Thursday for my secured card and it didn't receive the unsecured

Message 11269 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Matt9543 wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

Do you think that it will affect my chances at getting another card at 91/3?

The only way i see it affecting it is  if getting a cloc affects your internal max credit allowed at the moment. Even though a Cloc might not factor into total cc exposure allowed, it could factor into overall Navy exposure they are allowing for your account. Good thing is with time, that exposure can grow with your internal scoreSmiley Happy

Message 11270 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.