Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Recieved a soft pull 4,000 CLI from NFCU today so very excited.

Previous CL: 73,000

New CL: 77,000

I was told last year by the NFCU CSR I was at max credit exposure with 73k on the Flagship and another 15k on the CLOC for a total of 88k.

Now I'm at 92,000 with NFCU and I haven't even apped for my second card yet!Smiley Very Happy

Official travel point totals as of 12/26/23 (1,382,693 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 661,525 | IHG One Rewards 144,443 | Hilton Honors 143,801 | AMEX Membership Rewards 102,729 | World of Hyatt 90,413 | Marriott Bonvoy 65,343 | Citi Thank You 62,712 | Wells Fargo Rewards 33,652 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 28,105 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 12,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 11,661 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1,883 | AA Advantage 1,744 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Lowes Business Rewards 6,992 ($69.92) | Amazon Rewards 475 ($4.75) | Discover CB 499 ($4.99)
Message 13141 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Citylights18 wrote:

I was told last year by the NFCU CSR I was at max credit exposure with 73k on the Flagship and another 15k on the CLOC for a total of 88k.

Now I'm at 92,000 with NFCU and I haven't even apped for my second card yet!Smiley Very Happy

Congrats but your second card will only be $3K unless you have them reallocate some limit because they have a hard limit of $80K total credit card limits and $15K CLOC. 

Message 13142 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Citylights18 wrote:

What was your starting limit on the Flagship and when did you open it?

Message 13143 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@M_Smart007 wrote:

So My More Rewards 1 Year anniversary was yesterday! (PC'd from a Cash Rewards)

I had requested an  APR reduction via Navy secure message.

Did not hear anything back, until this morning when I received an email to check secure messages.

This is what I read;

Larger Image Here >> https://i.imgur.com/TRblult.png

Nice APR reduction! I just called Navy and got my Platinum APR reduced from 8.99% to 5.99%!Smiley Very Happy

Message 13144 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Citylights18 wrote:

You can only get 80k max on all credit cards, 3 max, cloc does not factor into that 80k exposure but 15k is the max for cloc

Message 13145 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any dps of navy reducing apr in less than 1 yr or is it a hard year for them to do it

Message 13146 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Any dps of navy reducing apr in less than 1 yr or is it a hard year for them to do it

@Anonymous, Gotta be one year!

I did it exactly at one year on my anniversary.

Larger Image >>> https://i.imgur.com/TRblult.png

Message 13147 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

So My More Rewards 1 Year anniversary was yesterday! (PC'd from a Cash Rewards)

I had requested an  APR reduction via Navy secure message.

Did not hear anything back, until this morning when I received an email to check secure messages.

This is what I read;

Larger Image Here >> https://i.imgur.com/TRblult.png

Nice APR reduction! I just called Navy and got my Platinum APR reduced from 8.99% to 5.99%!Smiley Very Happy

@Anonymous, Congrats on the nice APR reduction. I got the lowest for the More Rewards .. it won't go as low as the Platinum.

I will work on the Platinum at one year. I am going to ask for CLI on The Flagship on 6-8-2020

Should put me at $80K total exposure.

Message 13148 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@addicted_to_credit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

hey guys! so can i apply for second card at 6 month mark or do i have to wait 6 months from my CLI??

Once you hit your 91/3 for your first card you can app for 2nd card and your cli at the 91/3 of your 2nd card. You can app for your 3rd card and cli for the 2nd card and at the 91/3 of your last card you should be in range for a cli on your first card again... Hope that helps!

kind of confused. so i got card on 1/19 applied for CLI in may and got it. was denied second card after 4 statements. users on here told me to wait for 6 months. so its 6 months from my first approval on 1/29 correct?

@Anonymous, What was they reason they denied you for a 2nd card?

I had got the message you dont meet lending critera. granted i just got a 3x CLI increase. looks like i messed up by applying for a cli first smh. so im just gardening until the 6 month mark which is about two months away then i will try again

Ya, I applied for the Flagship, then asked for a CLI on the Platinum .. was granted $8K CLi on the platinum,

right after the Flagship approval. It was $30K total in one day.Smiley Happy

Message 13149 of 17,187
bustout
New Contributor

I've been lurking and reading this forum for so long and you have all been very informative.

I started at NCFU with a secured $500 nCash after a bankruptcy, which they converted to a traditional rewards card. Prior to a European trip I asked if I could convert this to a Cash Rewards card which they did over the phone with a CLI

Boredom led me to request a CLI on the Cash Rewards and apply for a second card (Platinum). So I currently stand at:

Cash Rewards ($3,000)

Platinum ($4,300)

My goal is to eventually try for the Flagship. Obviously I am going to wait six months before I do anything, but should I:

A. apply for a CLI on Both prior to applying for Flagship

B. just apply for Flagship

C. ask them to combine or upgrade for Flagship

I only wish I would have asked for the max CLI when I did it.

Thank you everyone.

Message 13150 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.