Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

I just found it odd, hardly anyone else ever mentions getting poi requests for clis with them, and 745 is a pretty decent score, I would think that they just wanted to verify because im carrying student loan debt and I have been with them for around 6 months, hopefully the market will rebound some, get some more time in let my score go up some more, next request they probably wont even ask next time, its goofy they approved me for 15k no poi at a 696 score with 2x as much installment debt as I have now,  but poi was the sticking point for a 4k cli. 740s-750s is where a lot of lenders stop asking for poi for a lot of apps, csr did say they are randomly asking poi due to market conditions due to covid but said they havent really ramped it up for new apps, either way like I said just thank full I didnt get cut or closed. Wont poke the bear for a couple months dont need the credit anyway

Message 13781 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Navy asking POI is definetly Covid related. Honestly i cant blame any lender. For those of use unemployed or waiting for jobs to reopen its best not to be looking for credit as no need to put eyes on accounts.

Message 13782 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey AJC! Where ya been bro? Hope you been well!

Message 13783 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Got letter today, my cli was denied for unable to prove income, with a 745 fico 9 (I only had old pay stubs from march due to covid) 

Not mad though they could have slashed my limit or closed me

@Anonymous, Sorry for your denialSmiley Sad

Message 13784 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Got letter today, my cli was denied for unable to prove income, with a 745 fico 9 (I only had old pay stubs from march due to covid) 

Not mad though they could have slashed my limit or closed me

Sorry but i feel you on this. I stupidly tried for cli on my PSECU visa in anticipation of my pending bt i am doing  to survive abit until i get my unemployment checks. They wanted 2 years taxes and two recent paystubs. No problem giving them but with my last 2 paychecks back in March /April due to Covid, i figure ill let be and hopefully they allow my bt and dont cut or close either. Do wanna say Navy is great as they allowed me to CA the full amount on my CR last nightSmiley Happy

Hang in there @AverageJoesCredit , I know it is a bumpy ride right now!

Message 13785 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I just found it odd, hardly anyone else ever mentions getting poi requests for clis with them, and 745 is a pretty decent score, I would think that they just wanted to verify because im carrying student loan debt and I have been with them for around 6 months, hopefully the market will rebound some, get some more time in let my score go up some more, next request they probably wont even ask next time, its goofy they approved me for 15k no poi at a 696 score with 2x as much installment debt as I have now,  but poi was the sticking point for a 4k cli. 740s-750s is where a lot of lenders stop asking for poi for a lot of apps, csr did say they are randomly asking poi due to market conditions due to covid but said they havent really ramped it up for new apps, either way like I said just thank full I didnt get cut or closed. Wont poke the bear for a couple months dont need the credit anyway

@Anonymous, A Lot of Credit Unions ask for POI, and honestly right now, lenders are skiddish.

Some just randomly pick out people for POI. Try not to take it personal.

Message 13786 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hey AJC! Where ya been bro? Hope you been well!

Hey @Anonymous  hangin in there, stressing but aliveSmiley Wink. Good to see you still hereSmiley Happy

Message 13787 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Y’all can’t get rid of me that easily, AJC, 😉.

Message 13788 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Y’all can’t get rid of me that easily, AJC, 😉.

"the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth"

Message 13789 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nope not taking it personally at all, honestly I never thought poi was even a consideration, got caught in the whirlwind oh its 91/3 I should ask for my cli, didnt think about covid didnt think about i didnt have stubbs and apped not worrying about it down the line ill get it was just kinda shocked that with covid they didnt accept the old stubbs I also sent them my unemployment payment records showing I was getting more than I was making working lol not sweating it

Message 13790 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.