Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

any one requesting over $25k total limit per card and being approved for SP CLI's Smiley Happy

I am ......

In my dreamsSmiley Wink

lol yeah...I was hoping it changed and could up some cards for SP closer to max limit haha

Message 13901 of 17,187
601flyguy
Established Contributor

I requested my 1st cli the other day. I had to show 2 years of tax returns (self employed). I requested cli from 11.8k to 35k and they countered with 15.8k. 

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 13902 of 17,187
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

any one requesting over $25k total limit per card and being approved for SP CLI's Smiley Happy

I am ......

In my dreamsSmiley Wink

lol yeah...I was hoping it changed and could up some cards for SP closer to max limit haha

I asked for a total of 30k on my flagship (a 5k increase) they upped me to 29k over night. I got the letter in the mail that said max internal limit.....

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 13903 of 17,187
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Mv350 

"

7/3/2020 requested 3x CLI for my Platinum VISA. 

7/5/2020 Approved for the increase, 1k is now 3k"

When you make the request - is an exact amount asked? i.e did you request $3K and you could have asked for more? (I know 3X is usually the amount approved, but I am wondering how it transpired)

I requested 3k, I've been reading that 3x is usually what is granted. So that's all I asked for. I'm still trying for a 2nd car, so I didn't wanna ruin my max exposure for the next card.

Message 13904 of 17,187
MrZero
Regular Contributor

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 13905 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Mv350 

"

When you make the request - is an exact amount asked? i.e did you request $3K and you could have asked for more? (I know 3X is usually the amount approved, but I am wondering how it transpired)

I requested 3k, I've been reading that 3x is usually what is granted. So that's all I asked for. I'm still trying for a 2nd car, so I didn't wanna ruin my max exposure for the next card.

@Mv350, A 2nd car? Smiley Very Happy

Message 13906 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o

@MrZero, Probably a good idea to hold off, sure cannot hurtSmiley Happy

Message 13907 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:

I requested my 1st cli the other day. I had to show 2 years of tax returns (self employed). I requested cli from 11.8k to 35k and they countered with 15.8k. 

Congrats, Navy is a stickler on self employed POI.

Message 13908 of 17,187
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@MrZero wrote:

@MrZero 

For what it's worth the prequal showed me nothing at 91/3, but I applied anyhow and got the More Rewards at the lowest APR and a 12.5k SL.  More time definitely won't hurt, so you do what you think is best.  Just wanted to point out that the tool isn't really accurate.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 13909 of 17,187
Mv350
Valued Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

@Wavester64 wrote:

@Mv350 

"

@Mv350, A 2nd car? Smiley Very Happy

Oof 🤦‍♂️ 2nd card!

Message 13910 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.