Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
RadioRob
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

any one requesting over $25k total limit per card and being approved for SP CLI's Smiley Happy

I have a single NFCU CashRewards card at 30K and a NFCU CLOC at 15K.  Around a week ago, I requested a CLI for my CashRewards card to increase from 30K to 50K (I figured I would shoot for the stars so that I would not leave money on the table).  My limit was changed from 30K to 34.5K without a HP.  

What's funny for me is that I did not get any sort of email or message saying the change was approved.  The only way I knew it was approved was by looking at the limit change.

I'll take it, and I'll see them again in 91 days.  Smiley LOL

Message 13911 of 17,187
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@RadioRob wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

any one requesting over $25k total limit per card and being approved for SP CLI's Smiley Happy

I have a single NFCU CashRewards card at 30K and a NFCU CLOC at 15K.  Around a week ago, I requested a CLI for my CashRewards card to increase from 30K to 50K (I figured I would shoot for the stars so that I would not leave money on the table).  My limit was changed from 30K to 34.5K without a HP.  

What's funny for me is that I did not get any sort of email or message saying the change was approved.  The only way I knew it was approved was by looking at the limit change.

I'll take it, and I'll see them again in 91 days.  Smiley LOL

@RadioRob you don't have to wait the 6 months between CLIs? Or is that for a new card?

Message 13912 of 17,187
RadioRob
Established Contributor

I most likely do, but that won't stop me from trying with a SP. Smiley LOL

Chances are they deny at 90 and I'll add another 90 since trying does not reset the clock so to speak. 

Message 13913 of 17,187
MrZero
Regular Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o

@MrZero 

For what it's worth the prequal showed me nothing at 91/3, but I applied anyhow and got the More Rewards at the lowest APR and a 12.5k SL.  More time definitely won't hurt, so you do what you think is best.  Just wanted to point out that the tool isn't really accurate.

I might still do it after I find out the fate of my CLI request.

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 13914 of 17,187
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@MrZero wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

So today is supposed to be the day I was going for card number two since my fourth (3rd full) statement cut today and I'm at 96 days but the prequal tool is telling me I'm not eligible and even though pre-qualifying isn't a guarantee I still think I'm going hold off before apping until I see something pop up on it. Did put in for a CLI increase so I'll see how that goes.

Also, yep, pulled my FICO8 scores today and my EQ9 is now higher than EQ8 and also EX doesn't seem to be taking AU into account for my AAoA anymore. Also my TU8 score that I got from Discover last month is 14 points higher than what was pulled today. O_o

@MrZero 

For what it's worth the prequal showed me nothing at 91/3, but I applied anyhow and got the More Rewards at the lowest APR and a 12.5k SL.  More time definitely won't hurt, so you do what you think is best.  Just wanted to point out that the tool isn't really accurate.

@MrZero 

Come back when you find that out.  The CLI request might result in you maxing your exposure and increase your odds for denial.  Depends on what you ask for and what they give you as a result, etc.  Folks who have experience might be able to give advice on your chances based on the results of the CLI.  Good luck!

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 13915 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrZero wrote:

@MrZero What do you mean that EX does not seem to be counting your AU in your AAOA anymore?

Message 13916 of 17,187
MrZero
Regular Contributor

@MrZero wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

@MrZero 

@MrZero 

Come back when you find that out.  The CLI request might result in you maxing your exposure and increase your odds for denial.  Depends on what you ask for and what they give you as a result, etc.  Folks who have experience might be able to give advice on your chances based on the results of the CLI.  Good luck!

Thanks, something is currently going on with my card account and I can't get into my CR account info in the app and through their site, everything except activity is zeroes. I hope that's a sign something is updating and it's good news. My limit is $1,000, I only asked for $5,000 since it'll probably still be 3x at best and figured there was no point in asking higher, if I do get 3x I would hope that doesn't put me at max exposure. 😅
@Anonymous wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

@MrZero What do you mean that EX does not seem to be counting your AU in your AAOA anymore?

I'm sure at least the open AU account is being factored into scoring but it's something I first noticed a month or so ago when checked my updated Experian score on Discover's Credit Scorecard site, it use to show my "Length of Credit" as being 12 years thanks to AU accounts being factored in but that has changed and now it shows "0 years" because none of my own accounts are a year old yet. If I log into my actual Discover account to check my TU score the 12 year length still shows up for that, my EX and TU reports have all the same info still. Same thing happens with Experian's site when I go to the "Score Ingredients" section for scores, for my current EX report it AAoA isn't factoring in AUs, while TU still does from the updated scores/reports I got Wednesday.

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 13917 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Birdman7 wrote:

I'm sure at least the open AU account is being factored into scoring but it's something I first noticed a month or so ago when checked my updated Experian score on Discover's Credit Scorecard site, it use to show my "Length of Credit" as being 12 years thanks to AU accounts being factored in but that has changed and now it shows "0 years" because none of my own accounts are a year old yet. If I log into my actual Discover account to check my TU score the 12 year length still shows up for that, my EX and TU reports have all the same info still. Same thing happens with Experian's site when I go to the "Score Ingredients" section for scores, for my current EX report it AAoA isn't factoring in AUs, while TU still does from the updated scores/reports I got Wednesday.

@MrZero Listen to me. You cannot rely on anything that the CMSs' frontends calculate for you, whether it's Discover, EX, CK, WH, MF, or any other CMS. The CMSs' frontends are good to view your credit data and  to get your scores and your negative reason codes. Everything else is what we call fluff, not too much better than what comes out of the rearend of bulls, IMHO.  

If you didn't do your own testing, your own calculations, and verify them by score changes or negative reason code shifts, then there's no way to be certain. 

Let me explain to you how this works and you'll understand. Fico gave the CMSs' developers a high-level outline of how the algorithm works. They did not give the nitty-gritty, the details, or the proprietary secrets. So, in implementing these frontends, the developers of these many CMSs made their best guesses as to how the algorithm actually works. Sometimes they got it right; many times they got it wrong.

E.g., if you've got $5 on only one revolver, what does your CMS tell you your utilization is? 0%, right? Well, if that's the case, you'd suffer the AZ penalty, but you don't, why not?

I will tell you why not. Because the CMSs' developers rounded down, but the fico algorithm rounds utilization up. Now riddle me this, do you think they got ages right? How many other things do you think might be suspect?

We've found numerous errors, that's why you can only rely on score shifts or negative reason code shifts or tightly designed tests. 

Just like the alerts substance not necessarily correlating to the reason for the point change that's tacked onto it. 

If you want to know whether the authorized user account is being included by the score 8 and 9 algorithms, execute the test described in the Scoring Primer linked at the top of my signature. Then you'll know whether or not it's counting for sure.

Message 13918 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So I have a 91/3 question as it relates to this topic...

MoreRewards opened 4/26

First Statement 5/21. Statement has a posted balance of $16.xx with no payment due. I had already made a payment and another charge before statement was cut. Statement says "days in billing cycle 30"

Second statement 6/21. Again no payment due, small balance of $80.xx. Days in billing cycle 31. 
Next statement due to cut 7/21. 
91 Day due on 7/27. 

Would that first statement count? It says 30 days on the statement but 4/26-5/21 is not 30 days. 

I don't want to jump the gun and app for second card with them too early, but this second card (assuming approval) will be the start of my 12 month garden so I would rather not wait if it's not necessary. Hope that makes sense (it did in my head anyway). Thanks everyone!

Message 13919 of 17,187
Wavester64
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So I have a 91/3 question as it relates to this topic...

MoreRewards opened 4/26

First Statement 5/21. Statement has a posted balance of $16.xx with no payment due. I had already made a payment and another charge before statement was cut. Statement says "days in billing cycle 30"

Second statement 6/21. Again no payment due, small balance of $80.xx. Days in billing cycle 31. 
Next statement due to cut 7/21. 
91 Day due on 7/27. 

Would that first statement count? It says 30 days on the statement but 4/26-5/21 is not 30 days. 

I don't want to jump the gun and app for second card with them too early, but this second card (assuming approval) will be the start of my 12 month garden so I would rather not wait if it's not necessary. Hope that makes sense (it did in my head anyway). Thanks everyone!

I am sorta in this same scenario. I would wait for that 4th statement to make absolutely sure, which is what I am doing. I am 91/3 July 18th but that first statement was short, so I am waiting for the 4th statment next month before I do anything.

Potential Future Cards
Message 13920 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.