Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

I inquired about Navy Federal's new credit limit increase policies and received a very cordial, professional response. Here is a snippet from the response.

"In response to the current pandemic’s impact on the U.S. economy, Navy Federal has scaled back the amount of credit extended to credit card applicants.  As economic conditions improve, we may adjust our policies accordingly."

In summary, don't feel slighted if your approvals or CLIs are less than you expected based on historical data.

Message 14201 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@kerplunk wrote:

I inquired about Navy Federal's new credit limit increase policies and received a very cordial, professional response. Here is a snippet from the response.

"In response to the current pandemic’s impact on the U.S. economy, Navy Federal has scaled back the amount of credit extended to credit card applicants.  As economic conditions improve, we may adjust our policies accordingly."

In summary, don't feel slighted if your approvals or CLIs are less than you expected based on historical data.

@kerplunk, Thank you for the infoSmiley Happy

Message 14202 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys. First time posting, but you guys have helped me tremendously!

I've been with NFCU for about a year and a half and have had the CashRewards for about the same time. It was approved with a $600 SL and they wouldn't budge. I was denied for a CLI at the 91/3 mark. 

Kind of gave up on Navy for awhile, and didn't really use the card, and it's been PIF.

I finally decided to apply for the Go Rewards. Got the "under review" message, which isn't a surprise with my extended fraud alert. Got that taken care of and they said they'd be in touch. The next day, I got a request for POI. They wanted two years of tax returns. Not really sure why, because I'm not self employed but I did it anyway. 

That was last, Friday and I didn't hear anything back until yesterday. BUT, it was a, "you're approved" text! 

No other info. Well, I just logged into my app this morning and find I'm approved for $20k!!!!!! Super stoked. Highest limit by a long shot. Thanks for all of your help! They pulled TU which was 730 (FICO 8) at the time. 

Hi @Anonymous , Welcome to the forums!

Congratulations on your Navy $20K Go Rewards Approval!   thumbs up.jpg

Message 14203 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Based on that perhaps I should hold off on those popular $25K Flagship approvals? lol

And I was just thinking of adding another NFCU product in hope of a monster SL because my current one is growing rather slowly. not that i really need another, but it would allow me to close two other cards with half that limit.

Message 14204 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @kerplunk!!

Message 14205 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my first credit cards in December 2019, GoRewards $2500 limit and $200 secured nrewards. I hit my 6 months last month in June and applied for the MoreRewards and was denied for "reaching maximum unsecured credit limit" with them. So I went ahead and did a CLI on GoRewards, they cli'd it to $3500, then I tried again and they went to $4,000, and said that i've reached their max unsecured limit so they couldn't go further. A month later (this month, july) my nrewards secured graduated to CashRewards with a $2k limit.

When will I be able to try another CLI on my gorewards? 91/3(in Sept) or do I have to wait 180 days? Also how about my cashrewards, does the 91/3 apply to that(around Oct)? I don't want to apply for a 3rd card with them yet since I want my 5th card to be with chase(already at 4/24).

Thanks in advance! Smiley LOL

Message 14206 of 17,187
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

You will need to wait 6 months from the date of your CLI for both cards. 

Message 14207 of 17,187
ntx
Regular Contributor

Another followup to my 2nd NFCU card post here and a few more data points to share:

Even though I was approved I received my info letter from NFCU with my internal score - it was 331 ( range 100-450 ) as of 7/15/20 - one week before I applied. It listed key factors that adversely affected my NFCU credit score as:

1) Average credit limit of open credit cards reported last 12 months

2) No open and satisfactory accounts 24 months or older reported

3) No real estate accounts reported

4) Recency of maximum aggregate bankcard balance in last 12 months

Message 14208 of 17,187
Mv350
Valued Contributor

So I apped again today after finally get pre-qualified on the Navyfed website. I've been wanting a 2nd platiunum for the BT offer. But was only given the 1k limit again. 

A couple questions. 

How long should I wait before asking to combine cards into one larger limit platinum? Therefore actually giving me the ability to do a BT after they send the offers at the beginning of the year.

Is it possible to just move over parts of a limit?

Message 14209 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Mv350 wrote:

So I apped again today after finally get pre-qualified on the Navyfed website. I've been wanting a 2nd platiunum for the BT offer. But was only given the 1k limit again. 

A couple questions. 

How long should I wait before asking to combine cards into one larger limit platinum? Therefore actually giving me the ability to do a BT after they send the offers at the beginning of the year.

Is it possible to just move over parts of a limit?

Send NFCU a SM explaining what your goal is (to do a BT) and ask for  reconsideration for a larger SL. Also, schmooze them by telling them how much you love NFCU products and you enjoy doing business with them. GL2

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 14210 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.