Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
humanjukebox
Valued Member

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Reached my 92/4 full statements....applied for a CLI on my Go Rewards (currently at $1k; asked for $5k). I received the 24 hr message. Built up the nerve to apply for the More Rewards Amex. I was completely surprised to be approved for $20k!!!!!

Data point: 612 TU; my last collection has not come off yet, utilization at 10%, income $140k/yr with DD to Navy

Eq FICO - 556 - 6/20
Transunion FICO - 603 - 6/20
Experian FICO - 586 - 6/20
Message 14621 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@humanjukebox   Awesome Congrats!!!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 14622 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@humanjukebox wrote:

Reached my 92/4 full statements....applied for a CLI on my Go Rewards (currently at $1k; asked for $5k). I received the 24 hr message. Built up the nerve to apply for the More Rewards Amex. I was completely surprised to be approved for $20k!!!!!

Data point: 612 TU; my last collection has not come off yet, utilization at 10%, income $140k/yr with DD to Navy

@humanjukebox, That is Awesome Super Duper Congratulations.gif

Message 14623 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@NeverTubetheGoose wrote:

I was approved for an nRewards secured on 5/21/20 (I didn't even bother trying for anything else). I started with $1500 limit, which was increased to $3000 on 6/19. I maxed out the CL to $5000 on 8/27. I use it for all my spending, paying it off daily. I recently got an email saying it was almost review time. Fingers crossed for graduation soon.

"Fingers crossed for graduation soon." my-fingers-are-crossed-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 14624 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@humanjukebox wrote:

Congratulations on a massive approval!! 

I recently received mine, its been getting heavy spend. Its a great daily driver card and gotta get that SUB!!

Cheers to you!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14625 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

I was approved for an nRewards secured on 5/21/20 (I didn't even bother trying for anything else). I started with $1500 limit, which was increased to $3000 on 6/19. I maxed out the CL to $5000 on 8/27. I use it for all my spending, paying it off daily. I recently got an email saying it was almost review time. Fingers crossed for graduation soon.

We're all pulling for you!!
Good luck and keep us updated!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14626 of 17,187
NeverTubetheGoose
Regular Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

We're all pulling for you!!
Good luck and keep us updated!!

Thanks. I checked the prequal page and nothing but I'm in no rush.

Congrats and good luck to everyone else in this thread.

BK7 filed 5/19/19, discharged 9/20/19 (lesson learned, some people aren't meant to be business owners and should stick to their day job, some people is me)

Total Available: $93,000
Goal: the Delta Platinum Reserve AmEx, Marriott Brilliance AmEx, Marriott Bonvoy Business AmEx
Message 14627 of 17,187
coreyb80
Super Contributor

I remembered some info being posted on the board before about pinging NFCU and requesting that they remove the block for auto CLIs.  I took the liberty to reach out to them via SM and here's the exchange for anyone that is not aware.

Navy Federal Response 09/19/2020 :

Thank you for your eMessage, Mr. At your request we have unblocked the automatic credit limit increases. Your account will be reviewed monthly and, if it qualifies, your limit will be raised automatically. If you have further questions, please let us know.

Your Message 09/16/2020 : Good Evening,

Please unblock the Automatic Increase Review on my account. Thank you.

Message 14628 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great info. I wonder, if they do an account review and then automatic increase, are we still eligible to request and receive a CLI before 6 months, or does the review count as the one per 6 months?(obviously not counting the initial CLI we can request at 91/3)

Message 14629 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey y'all. I discovered NFCU through the reccomendation of this board...

I started my journey a little less than a year ago with the following scores: TU 534 / EQ 534 / EX 546 BRUTAL!

I knew that it was time to fix my frickin credit!!

Since then, the following has happened for me:

-Settled the card I had with WF during college that had charged off. Had a $2300 limit. Paid 40% of the $2600 owed. Did that about 30 days ago.

-Paid both my Cap One cards Platinum ($400) + secured ($500) religously keeping util around 8-10%.

-Opened a Self lender loan, paid on time every time.

-I have 2x lates from 2019 on my Cap One Platinum card Smiley Sad Have not been able to goodwill those away.

Now, my scores are: TU 640 / EQ 642 / EX / 661! So lots of improvements Smiley Happy

Seeing as my scores had increased, I decided its time to open a NFCU card. I saw I was preapproved for the AmEx Rewards card. I applied but was only granted a $1k limit Smiley Sad

Any advice on getting a higher limit? Pumped for the $1k limit, but was for at least a few thousand more!

Either way, its the highest limit I now have by $500. Good stuff! Shout-out NFCU! I'm reading through this forum about CLI's strategy etc. Any advice for a newcomer to NFCU is welcome. Thanks fam!

Message 14630 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.