Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
When I ask for them to remove the block on mine, they acted like I was crazy and said there was no block. Lol.

Yeah, im not so confidant this thing exists as even when it is " unblocked" auto cli is rare anyway. Took me 2 years to get one , after many hp sacrifices lol, and since then nothingSmiley Wink

So being a credit newbie I have what is probably a super-duper dumb question (you guys should be used to it by now lol)!! So if CLI's are soft pulls right now, what's the advantage to getting an auto CLI? I would hate to get an auto for $1K if I could have asked for $4K but now the clock is reset for 6 months. When getting an auto increase, does Navy give a member the max they can get at that point? 

@AverageJoesCredit  did you get a smaller auto CLI than if you had asked for a certain amount? Sending you good thoughts for life returning to normal very soon my friend. Heart 

Lol thanks @Anonymous 🥰 going through mad stress now trying to help out my Dad   but hanging in thereSmiley Wink

Actually when i got my auto it was about a 3 or 4 weeks after    a cli request denial. If i recall correctly, the auto was actually pretty good , something like $3400 which took me over the $20k limit. I guess they tired of  me always asking for a cliSmiley Wink

Best wishes for safety and health my friend❤

Message 14651 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

An update to my question last month regarding an automatic CLI  (which I received 7 weeks early for $1500) and whether it reset the clock...

In my case, it did reset the clock. I recently requested a CLI at what would have been 182 days and didn't hear anything back until today. I received this reason for the denial:

"There has recently been a change to the credit line on this account."

Just thought I'd share in case someone else has the same question some day.

yep received that plenty of timesSmiley Happy

Message 14652 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Weird how do you get different responses from different CSRs.

I wonder how many CSR's Navy has? .. LOL

It seems like with any lender if you HUCA, pretty much will get a different answerSmiley LOL

Message 14653 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

Hi @AverageJoesCredit , thought you might have went AWOL.

Glad to see you postingSmiley Happy

Thanks SmartieSmiley Happy Life's been tough lately  tryin to hold on, pa' lante Smiley Wink

Hang in there AJC! .. I know it is tough right now, been there before myself.

Message 14654 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mahalo for the info @AverageJoesCredit and wow $3400; that must have been nice!!

Who ever heard of stress when helping a parent bahaha?? Keep hangin', I know it's gotta almost be over for ya and clear skies are ahead! Tons of hugs to you and your dad! Heart

Message 14655 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hit my 91/3 yesterday and hit the cli. Got the usual 24 hr message so we shall see. My MoreRewards card started at started at $500 (which I was both sad and happy about) and I'm hoping that I get the increase to $1500. We shall see! I was at 0 balance on the card when I hit the request. Scores have been steadily increasing over the past few months and I'm at Ex670, TU665, and EQ667. I'm thinking I might take the leap for the second card. I also have a savings certificate, checking and savings account with DD on both, personal loan (got after the first card) about 95% paid off. Overall utilization 6%. What to do what to do...

Message 14656 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

If the $4k max CLI is really a thing, cards will be growing a bit slower when at $2k to say $10K until post Covid.  I have seen DP about some getting large SL for that sencond and third card though with scores all over the map.  I think it is more of a crapshoot though now regading that second or third card being a huge SL.  I have been tempted but I am so close to being clean it would really be stupid to gamble right now. 

They are slowly easing my CLI's up on SP's after many denails and HP's.   I imagine that at some point, I should be able to max them out at that $80k holy grail.  Not yet, but one day soon.  I have waited nearly 7 years, what's another 6 months?

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 14657 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 months isn't long at all! Hang on! I still haven't heard back about the CLI, and you said crap shoot plus I'm going to Vegas tonight. so I took that as a sign and took the risk and applied for card ##2. 20k limit! I'm going right over to post in approvals!

Message 14658 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

6 months isn't long at all! Hang on! I still haven't heard back about the CLI, and you said crap shoot plus I'm going to Vegas tonight. so I took that as a sign and took the risk and applied for card ##2. 20k limit! I'm going right over to post in approvals!

Big congrats to you!!  Looks like Vegas gonna be lit!! Enjoy the new CC! Cheers!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14659 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Mahalo for the info @AverageJoesCredit and wow $3400; that must have been nice!!

Who ever heard of stress when helping a parent bahaha?? Keep hangin', I know it's gotta almost be over for ya and clear skies are ahead! Tons of hugs to you and your dad! Heart

🤗😇

Message 14660 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.