tag
pt91978
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

Requested a CLI on my Go and only got 500 increase LOL 

I also got my Go switched to another Plat and it is also at 5.99 APR. (I will combine them next year)

Also kind of interesting info. I called in to enquire about a CLOC and the lady in lending told me they pull TransUnion for it now instead of EQ 😑 boo. She said if I waited to apply for a CLOC after a year it could start out more than $500 and direct deposit would also help start with a higher limit CLOC.

Also she mentioned that if I had direct deposit set up I most likely would have gotten a 25k plat instead of 20k AND I would have gotten a better CLI. She said time and DD gets you great results with Navy. Thought it was weird she mentioned DD 3xs but thought I'd pass the info along.

(I'm still not having my DD sent to Navy because they are a little slow with updating balances and payments etc. I can imagine how they are with DD lol)

So yeah, I have two Plats now and I'm happy with my 3 months at Navy!

@Anonymous  Congrats and thanks for the info in regard to the CLOC and passing along what the rep said to help yield higher CLI. 

You'd be surprised at how fast your DD shows up in your account w Navy.  You can even ask them to make your DD available one day earlier.  My DD shows up on Wednesday compares to Thursday from Chase.

Message 14731 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

I also got my Go switched to another Plat and it is also at 5.99 APR. (I will combine them next year)

Also kind of interesting info. I called in to enquire about a CLOC and the lady in lending told me they pull TransUnion for it now instead of EQ 😑 boo. She said if I waited to apply for a CLOC after a year it could start out more than $500 and direct deposit would also help start with a higher limit CLOC.

Also she mentioned that if I had direct deposit set up I most likely would have gotten a 25k plat instead of 20k AND I would have gotten a better CLI. She said time and DD gets you great results with Navy. Thought it was weird she mentioned DD 3xs but thought I'd pass the info along.

(I'm still not having my DD sent to Navy because they are a little slow with updating balances and payments etc. I can imagine how they are with DD lol)

@Anonymous  Congratulations on your approval and CLI.

Thank you for sharing the data points. I do hold a belief that in general for credit unions, length of membership, direct deposits, as well as other products; e.g. certificates, etc. may be beneficial for one's profile.

BTW NFCU does allow for 1 day early DD. You just have to call and ask.

Message 14732 of 17,187
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@BmoreBull wrote:

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

Great info. Thanks for sharing!

Responding to the bolded part: If that's your only reason for staying away, you might want to re-think it. I have my paycheck sent to three different FIs via DD. It always shows up first in my NFCU account, a few hours before Chase and BofA. It's immediately available for transfers to other NFCU accounts. I haven't ever tried to do anything else with it, but they show it as "available balance" immediately so I don't know that there would be any limits. 

+1. I have my DD split between Chase, Navy, and PenFed. Navy and PenFed pay me on Wednesday. Chase around 5am on Thursday. I'm thinking about switching more to Navy and seeing how their bill pay is. 

I have mine split between BoA, Chase, Navy(main account), Wells, and Credit Union 1 and never have any issues.  I'm able to see the amount of my expected DD the day prior under scheduled transactions.  For example, I was able to see today's amount yesterday via NFCU.  I use their bill pay system every month and it's a thing of beauty.  Everyone gets their payments and posts them without issue.  I switched my DD over to NFCU about a year ago after spending many years with Chase as my main bank.  Good to hear that NFCU does reward their customers who use DD with them. 

Message 14733 of 17,187
Jccflat
Established Contributor

How does someone request a cloc in increas? With navy 

Message 14734 of 17,187
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Jccflat wrote:

From what I remember reading, it's like applying for a new one. It's also always a hard pull iirc. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 14735 of 17,187
Jccflat
Established Contributor

So it's a completely new application?

Is there a chance to get the $500 increased asking for a family member?

is navy doing it ?

Message 14736 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

I just switched my DD back to NFCU.  We will see how that goes next week.  It will be coming from our Biz NFCU account, running through the payroll company and then right back to my personal NFCU account. Smiley Happy  

I am not sure what good it will do but it might as well land there.  I do know that our $1m a year in revenue / deposits on the Biz side at NFCU have not seemed to matter at all.  I have a total of 7 HP failures since my last approval for my Flagship in Dec 2018 when my TU F09 score was exactly 586.  I will be a couple hundred points higher than that in a matter of a couple months however, so I do have that going for me.  I want a big SL on card #3.

Not complaining since they gave me a $5k secured card in 2016 when my FICO 09 was like 405... 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 14737 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@BmoreBull wrote:

@Jccflat wrote:

From what I remember reading, it's like applying for a new one. It's also always a hard pull iirc. 

HP for CLOC CLI, unless something has changed in the last week or two.

DP, they now might be pulling TU, but unsure at this point and time.

Message 14738 of 17,187
bustout
New Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I will be a couple hundred points higher than that in a matter of a couple months however, so I do have that going for me.  I want a big SL on card #3.

Not complaining since they gave me a $5k secured card in 2016 when my FICO 09 was like 405... 

When you mentioned your third card I noticed three NFCU cards in your profile and that you are AU on the MR. A question out of total curiousity that doens't apply to me, but may to others: Will they count your AU status on that card towards your three card max with Navy?

I think I am right about the three card max, right? In six months I may have to juggle NFCU cards and close one if I want Flagship.

Message 14739 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@bustout wrote:

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

I will be a couple hundred points higher than that in a matter of a couple months however, so I do have that going for me.  I want a big SL on card #3.

When you mentioned your third card I noticed three NFCU cards in your profile and that you are AU on the MR. A question out of total curiousity that doens't apply to me, but may to others: Will they count your AU status on that card towards your three card max with Navy?

I think I am right about the three card max, right? In six months I may have to juggle NFCU cards and close one if I want Flagship.

No, AU's do not count.  I have a total of 5 reporting for me.  DW's 3 and my 2.  Same for her but the opposite of course.

I do not show her Flagship or GoRewards in my sig but I am an AU on both.  

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 14740 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.