Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

It's probably an oddball on my end what is funny is a couple months back I asked for cli on the plat and got whacked for a poi request, that was asking for 4 k in the past 24 hours they have extended me another 6k no poi, not complaining lol

Message 14971 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Aloha all! I have been busy with work for the last month and haven't been able to share! Just a quick update on my journey so far.

I joined NFCU in November of last year, got my secured card in February ($500) and my more rewards Amex in June ($500).
My scores when opening my account were all low 600s, and I had just finished clearing all baddies. I got the 91 day CLI in September on the Amex ($1500) and then earlier this month my secured card finally (8 statements) graduated ($2000)! 

It just feels so good to finally see around the corner from bad credit. When this year started I had a $200 TCL and now I'm at $3700, looking forward to seeing what 2021 has in store for my credit!

I can confidently say that if it were not for this lovely group of credit knowledgeable people here, I would not be on the trajectory I am on! Thank you all so much!

Congrats on your graduation!! 

Nice to see you doing well!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14972 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mahalo @AverageJoesCredit !!

Great, now I've got The Power of Love stuck in my head lol!! Heart

Hola! @Anonymous  great tune to have stuck in ones head!. Could be worse ( better?) Could have Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now! ( Mannequin)Smiley Wink. Love that movie had to find it on blu ray and watched it other daySmiley Wink 

I always loved that movie!!  Classic 80's movie IMHO!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14973 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I also got the 3k on my platinum seems like that's the new normal gee wonder what the 3rd card could yield lol

Awesome!....3rd card....20k lolSmiley Wink

Message 14974 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@ocheosa wrote:

Guess it's now a YMMV?

I received 4k on my cashrewards in September and 4k on my platinum mastercard today. 

cashrewards: 10/19 SL 3k, 02/20 +6k, 09/20 +4k

platinum mc: 01/20 SL 20k, 04/20 +8k, 10/20 +4k 

awesome ! Cant go wrong with ANY increase, especially during this Pandemic.

Message 14975 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's probably an oddball on my end what is funny is a couple months back I asked for cli on the plat and got whacked for a poi request, that was asking for 4 k in the past 24 hours they have extended me another 6k no poi, not complaining lol

yeah thats weird. However, if Navy has your true income, then asking for cli  should leave you eith no worries. I did have 3 cards before combining and closing one. I wouldnt mind a 3rd card again but in that i dont think ill ever try again as im pretty maxed on credit for my income. If Navy gave me a 3rd card they'd  be officially locoSmiley Wink

Message 14976 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Mahalo @AverageJoesCredit !!

Great, now I've got The Power of Love stuck in my head lol!! Heart

Hola! @Anonymous  great tune to have stuck in ones head!. Could be worse ( better?) Could have Nothings Gonna Stop Us Now! ( Mannequin)Smiley Wink. Love that movie had to find it on blu ray and watched it other daySmiley Wink 

I always loved that movie!!  Classic 80's movie IMHO!

yup! Its amazing with all these movies  nowadays i somehow revert to all my classic 80"s filmsSmiley Wink. Navy cli can still be had even now ( lol see still keeping post relevant, winkSmiley Wink )

Message 14977 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

They were whacking people for poi, and I was on unemployment due to covid so I didn't have recent stubs so I was declined, this time they didn't even ask, however I did pay my student loans down from 8k to 800 so that may have a factor in it

Message 14978 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They were whacking people for poi, and I was on unemployment due to covid so I didn't have recent stubs so I was declined, this time they didn't even ask, however I did pay my student loans down from 8k to 800 so that may have a factor in it

That helps. I think me paying my Penfed loan during these months normal helped me with my recent approval. I too lost my job due to Covid but thankfully am back though many of my coworkers are not yet.  Its a tough balance but ill forever be thanful for my Navy cards that helped get through these months even though its more debt i aquired. 

Message 14979 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Closing next week on a house and DW and I have 3 NFCU cards between us(2 me, 1 her). 
We only have about $7500 total limits between the 3 cards and would like 1 more for each of us. I'd also like to ask for a CLI on 2 of them since they were opened last October. Scores are upper 600's.

Any suggestions? TIA

Message 14980 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.