Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@800wannabe420 wrote:

Also it is possible that your recent CLI may put you over the internal limit for NFCU

Thanks! That's EXACTLY what happened. I guess the CLI hadn't fully gone in the system when I tried (and was preapproved) earlier today, because I checked Navy's prequal again just now and all I got was the secured card. So the CLI was all they were willing to give me.

It's okay, I'm so glad I didn't waste a hard pull! Thank you so much for the warning.

Because I'm an idiot, I did "waste" a TU inquiry (hey, I was already mentally prepared to do it, lol) and got (and was approved for) an eBay MC. Low starting limit, but I don't care because at least it wasn't a denial. I truly am an idiot. Back to the garden I go, to let this app spree age. Thank you so much again! I'll try for the Flagship next year. 

Preapprovals from Navy are unreliable and in no way show you where you stand with them . Only by your denials will you knowSmiley Wink i know the feeling of applying. Lol i still cant go 2 years with no appsSmiley Wink

Message 15231 of 17,187
800wannabe420
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous  Glad you were able to avert an unnecessary HP.

Have you considered doing a product change of your Cash Rewards to a Flagship?  The Flagship return of 2 points (2%) for uncategorized spend is greater than the 1.5% from your Cash Rewards.

I carry the Flagship and More Rewards myself and they have become my daily drivers along with my Chase Freedom Flex.

Message 15232 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

When to go for 3rd card

Good Morning.

Background ..

1. Navy Sig Flag Ship $8.700 , Zero Blanced [I use the card only for family trips]

2. Recently added Navy Sig Rewards Nov/2020 $20.000 , zero Balanced [I will use the card for small to large purchases]

Question ,

1.When should I go for a 3rd card from Navy Federal

2. What Card should i request ?

Message 15233 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Re: When to go for 3rd card

1. You will be eligible for the 3rd card at 91 days and 3 fulls statements from 2nd card approval.

2. The one that fits your spend.

For your reading pleasure. Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Message 15234 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the info.

Message 15235 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you for the info.

You are welcome.

Message 15236 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Denied by NFCU

Hey everyone! I reached my 91/3 on my nRewards secured card with Navy last week and decided to apply for their More Rewards unsecured card since I've made all payments on time and have cleaned up my credit over the last couple of months. I was denied after being given a 24-48 hour message. I sent them a secured message and explained my situation, why my credit was so bad for a period of time, and what I've been doing to fix it - hoping for a reconsideration. I've raised my scores by over 50 points since I first applied for the nRewards (my score sits around 600-610 now). 

1. What are the chances they would approve me after reconsideration?

2. Can I apply for a Cash Rewards or something different with a better chance of approval? If so, will they use the same HP?

Thank you!

Message 15237 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Denied by NFCU

@Anonymous     Are you sure you have 3 full statements?!  Smiley Happy    That seems to be the main thing people are being denied for lately is tryinig to early Smiley Very Happy

Message 15238 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@Anonymous     Are you sure you have 3 full statements?!  Smiley Happy    That seems to be the main thing people are being denied for lately is tryinig to early Smiley Very Happy

Yes, it was 3 full statements. I double checked before applying 😂

Message 15239 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous    LOL Just checking Smiley Very Happy     I would wait for the letter and see or you can send a secured message but you may get the letter before they reply they are backed up on that side of the fence lol

Message 15240 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.