AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@coldfusion wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  You have been very inspiring to me and I'm sure many others. I think a lot of people lurk too. I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you realize.

I know that when I first came here (two years ago almost exactly) that I dredged up a lot of old threads to glean info on having a low income and high utilization, and what could be accomplished with those shortcomings. You have been a great help and a source of encouragement throughout these two years, let me tell you! I try to always be very specific about my issues when reporting on an approval (low income, 90-day-late, etc) because I KNOW what it feels like to see someone else get approved and wonder, "Yeah, but they make three times as much as me!" or "Yeah, but they have low utilization!" and so forth.

Thanks @Anonymous  im always glad to help. Ive got big news coming soon im just waiting couple more days to find out about an apr redux request that i need to wait the full year so they can review my account. Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Do keep us updated! How exciting! Qué emoción! (I don't speak Spanish; I'm just learning...) 

Lol, dont worry, my Spanish is worse lol but everyone here knows im gringo from my accent. Heck alot of people think im from Brazil when they hear my accent and how i speak my spanish.  Considering what i make, i think its truely a blessing and true trust  that Navy has bestowed upon my profileSmiley Happy. Stay tuned....😆

That made me laugh AJC, this is the first time I've heard of someone's Spanish being so bad people think they're hearing Portuguese 😂

I have one boss who cant understand my spanish or Englush lol but she luves meSmiley Wink. Dang i think 8 need to learn English too😀

Message 15271 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one boss who cant understand my spanish or Englush lol but she luves meSmiley Wink. Dang i think 8 need to learn English too😀

I would be flattered if people thought my Spanish sounded like I was Brazillian! I speak pure Gringa, through and through! 

Message 15272 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would be flattered if people thought my Spanish sounded like I was Brazillian! I speak pure Gringa, through and through! 

Lol,    at least amamos a Navy😁

Message 15273 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Realized today was day after im eligble for account review. Just sent a sm to see if i can get my Plat apr lowered.its already 6.99 but would be nice to see lowestSmiley Wink

Message 15274 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol,    at least amamos a Navy😁

Sí, sí, es verdad.

Message 15275 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  You have been very inspiring to me and I'm sure many others. I think a lot of people lurk too. I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you realize.

I know that when I first came here (two years ago almost exactly) that I dredged up a lot of old threads to glean info on having a low income and high utilization, and what could be accomplished with those shortcomings. You have been a great help and a source of encouragement throughout these two years, let me tell you! I try to always be very specific about my issues when reporting on an approval (low income, 90-day-late, etc) because I KNOW what it feels like to see someone else get approved and wonder, "Yeah, but they make three times as much as me!" or "Yeah, but they have low utilization!" and so forth.

Thanks @Anonymous  im always glad to help. Ive got big news coming soon im just waiting couple more days to find out about an apr redux request that i need to wait the full year so they can review my account. Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Do keep us updated! How exciting! Qué emoción! (I don't speak Spanish; I'm just learning...) 

Lol, dont worry, my Spanish is worse lol but everyone here knows im gringo from my accent. Heck alot of people think im from Brazil when they hear my accent and how i speak my spanish.  Considering what i make, i think its truely a blessing and true trust  that Navy has bestowed upon my profileSmiley Happy. Stay tuned....😆

That made me laugh AJC, this is the first time I've heard of someone's Spanish being so bad people think they're hearing Portuguese 😂

https://i.imgur.com/BOgLwbk.png

Message 15276 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/BOgLwbk.png

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think he had what was mistaken for a Portuguese accent. I still have so much to learn, but the accents among various Spanish speakers can be very diverse. I watch a lot of Spanish-language TV (mostly Mexican) and because of that, the Mexican accent is the easiest for me to understand. (Depends on the person, though.) But, for example, the Argentinian Spanish accent is almost incomprehensible.  I have no idea about a Portuguese accent, but I can't imagine that it's worse than my Gringa accent! LOL!

Message 15277 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Well after receiving the fastest response to a sm by Navy in historySmiley Wink, i think it was like 2 hours. I received my apr response. Unfortunately im ineligible  at this moment  due to it being score based,  but can try again in a month  or two.  Its all good, cant hate on Navy lol, had to take a shot. Replied very positively as they have been more than generous. 

Message 15278 of 17,187
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Well after receiving the fastest response to a sm by Navy in historySmiley Wink, i think it was like 2 hours. I received my apr response. Unfortunately im ineligible  at this moment  due to it being score based,  but can try again in a month  or two.  Its all good, cant hate on Navy lol, had to take a shot. Replied very positively as they have been more than generous. 

Definitely don't let that get you down, @AverageJoesCredit!

When I requested my first APR reduction on my Platinum my credit reports were newly clean (all baddies had just aged off a few months earlier) and I was expecting an impressive reduction... they responded with a reduction of 1%.  Smiley Frustrated

The next year I tried again, and the second time was a charm - they reduced my rate to the lowest available for that product.  In your case in a sense you might even be better off that there was no reduction available now, since you'll be able to try again in just a few months instead of getting a measly 1% then having to wait an entire year to try again.

When you do try again in a few months be sure to let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Message 15279 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Definitely don't let that get you down, @AverageJoesCredit!

When I requested my first APR reduction on my Platinum my credit reports were newly clean (all baddies had just aged off a few months earlier) and I was expecting an impressive reduction... they responded with a reduction of 1%.  Smiley Frustrated

The next year I tried again, and the second time was a charm - they reduced my rate to the lowest available for that product.  In your case in a sense you might even be better off that there was no reduction available now, since you'll be able to try again in just a few months instead of getting a measly 1% then having to wait an entire year to try again.

When you do try again in a few months be sure to let us know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Thanks @UncleB  no worries here. I mean im aleady at 6.99% on my plat and 9.65 , i think , on my CR.  Once i see my score goes back up ill try again. Yikes, my last Boa TU csme in at 694, i think thats first time in over 2 years ive been below 700 fico but it is what it is. Covid affects are real at least to me. I promised @Anonymous  i would share my most recent Navy news after this and i promise its worth the wait lol. Ill post it today so that at least we can have some interesting dps for Turkey MonthSmiley Happy

Message 15280 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.