Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
firehawk73
Valued Member

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

Wish me luck gang. I just passed my 91/3 and will be putting in for a CLI tomorrow on my Cash Rewards. My SL was $3000 and i know i'll probably get the $4k "COVID" increase. Any tips on a recon for a higher CLI? i'd like to bring over my last 2 CC accounts on a BT to this card but i'd hate to have a high utilization. I'll definitely let you guys know what kind of CLI i initially get.

Message 16111 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Morphyyy      I would wait out 185 days to be safe like someone else mentioned earlier.   ^^ Also go by when it was accepted/added on not when you requested the CLI ^^

Message 16112 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@Ivylicious1908     Awesome Congrats!

Message 16113 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@firehawk73    Good Luck to you!

Message 16114 of 17,187
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@firehawk73 wrote:

Wish me luck gang. I just passed my 91/3 and will be putting in for a CLI tomorrow on my Cash Rewards. My SL was $3000 and i know i'll probably get the $4k "COVID" increase. Any tips on a recon for a higher CLI? i'd like to bring over my last 2 CC accounts on a BT to this card but i'd hate to have a high utilization. I'll definitely let you guys know what kind of CLI i initially get.

Good luck to you.  Don't bank on th $4K increase.  I made that mistake and got hit with a $1K increase.  Something is always better than nothing with Navy Fed.  Treat them good and they'll treat you better!

Message 16115 of 17,187
Ivylicious1908
Regular Contributor

Yes this so true. I got 3100 on each card. It's not locked to get 4K and I have a 760 credit score with 207k income.

Message 16116 of 17,187
firehawk73
Valued Member

Gotcha, good to know.

Message 16117 of 17,187
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Navy Federal Credit Union CLI Questions.

@jazzyvar84 wrote:

Hello ALL,

I haven't posted here in a while, but I have a question regarding Navy Federal's CLI's. I have three Navy Federal Credit Cards and they only gave me CLI of $500 on two of them about six months ago. I am assuming it is because I had two maxed out credit cards and I was only making the minimum payments on my Navy Federal cards. However, I am wondering since I have paid off three credit cards using my savings, and I intend to make $650 payments on my Navy Platinum card and the minimum payment on my Go Rewards (just until I pay off the platinum, then I'll start making $900 payments on this one). After a few months of large payments on the Platinum, do you think Navy Federal will give me a pretty decent increase? I am sure my scores will be over 700 again in about six months. I've recently paid about $9,000 worth of debt off and platinum card is maxed at $9,000 and the Go Rewards is maxed at $15,000. NO LATE PAYMENTS EVER. 

Thanks for any help!

@jazzyvar84 - see posts upthread for some reference and DPs.

Message 16118 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ivylicious1908 wrote:

Hello All,

I PM'd Navy for rate reduction on my Platinum card and Horrayyy I went from 8.99% to 6.99%!!!

Congrats on the reduction!! Smiley LOL

Message 16119 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Ivylicious1908 wrote:

Hello All,

I PM'd Navy for rate reduction on my Platinum card and Horrayyy I went from 8.99% to 6.99%!!!

@Ivylicious1908, Congratulations on your APR reduction smiley-waving-us-flag.gif

Message 16120 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.