Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
FesteringTTT
Valued Member

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

Three questions:

1. Navy has agreed to my request to combine my two More Rewards into one card. Other than losing points on one of the cards, is there any negative to combining them?

2. After the combination, I will have 2 cards again. Will I be able to apply for a third in 91/3 after the merger?

3. Will I be able to apply for a CLI in 91/3 after the merger?

Message 16351 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@FesteringTTT wrote:

Three questions:

1. Navy has agreed to my request to combine my two More Rewards into one card. Other than losing points on one of the cards, is there any negative to combining them?

2. After the combination, I will have 2 cards again. Will I be able to apply for a third in 91/3 after the merger?

3. Will I be able to apply for a CLI in 91/3 after the merger?

1) might hurt on a 3rc card attemt for awhile, happened to me

2)you can apply but its not a given they will give a 3rd card right away. Only by trying will you lnow

3)no cli on the card you just merged with. Must wait 6 months as a merger is considered an account change

Message 16352 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Bankrupt2019 wrote:

So for me the Covid $4k was not only a great increase for my cashRewards card (which was originally $200 nRewards secured graduated to $2k) It was literally a Covid $4k becaus I just got my positive covid results back😢

738B96E9-78BD-4BF4-9A1C-FF279C3F48E2.jpeg

Sorry to hear you had a positive test!

I hope it stays low-key and you're back to normal soon!

Glad you had some good news though with Navy! 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16353 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on all the progress @Bankrupt2019 and that nice CLI!! Smiley Wink

Sending you good thoughts for a speedy recovery my friend!

Message 16354 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cclerk79 welcome to the community! :smileywink

Any updates on the CLI request? Are you considering an app for another card?

Message 16355 of 17,187
Jazee
Regular Contributor

So I got approved for NFCU Platinum VISA (10.99%  $3000 SL)  My scores are all highest they've been and no more than two HPs in each bureau in past 2 years. TU Vantage 3 was at 753 when I got approved.  8% total UTI. $15K total credit including the NFCU Platinum on 3 cards. No collections.  27% debt+rent to income ratio. One 5-yo C/O that I'll settle a little later this year. I wanted to get one more card with the best reward setup (NFCU Visa was for balance transfers if I need to carry a large balance temporarily.)  Denial letter is yet to arrive but I know the usual stuff it will say.

With my TU score at a record high I decided to go for it but got instant online denial on NFCU AMEX More Rewards. (Actually now that I look close their Visa Signature for $49/year might be the slightly better rewards card - their close.) 

What I'm wondering is, was I denied based on TU Credit Profile, or did NFCU see I have a brand new NFCU Visa and said, no no, we need to see how things go on that card first.  In past posts I think I've seen the term of "90 days" of waiting thrown around a lot for both NFCU and AMEX as far as CLI's and guessing that also might apply to trying to get additional cards from the same lender, especially NFCU?

Message 16356 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Jazee wrote:

So I got approved for NFCU Platinum VISA (10.99%  $3000 SL)  My scores are all highest they've been and no more than two HPs in each bureau in past 2 years. TU Vantage 3 was at 753 when I got approved.  8% total UTI. $15K total credit including the NFCU Platinum on 3 cards. No collections.  27% debt+rent to income ratio. One 5-yo C/O that I'll settle a little later this year. I wanted to get one more card with the best reward setup (NFCU Visa was for balance transfers if I need to carry a large balance temporarily.)  Denial letter is yet to arrive but I know the usual stuff it will say.

With my TU score at a record high I decided to go for it but got instant online denial on NFCU AMEX More Rewards. (Actually now that I look close their Visa Signature for $49/year might be the slightly better rewards card - their close.) 

What I'm wondering is, was I denied based on TU Credit Profile, or did NFCU see I have a brand new NFCU Visa and said, no no, we need to see how things go on that card first.  In past posts I think I've seen the term of "90 days" of waiting thrown around a lot for both NFCU and AMEX as far as CLI's and guessing that also might apply to trying to get additional cards from the same lender, especially NFCU?

One must wait 3 full statements and 91 days from last account open.

For your reading pleasure. Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Message 16357 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

You always have to wait at least 91 days and 3 full statements to cut before apping for an additional card or the first CLI. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16358 of 17,187
Falcon9
Valued Member

Here is the time table for events on my recent More Rewards card.

Day 1:  Applied early morning.   Approval was roughly 30 seconds or less.  I did not expect it that quick so I was not timing it.

Day 2:  Received email that allowed me to get the credit card info.   That was great because I started racking up charges to meet the sign up bonus requirement.

Day 4:  Card shows up on their website (Account Summary section) showing charges, payment info etc.

Day 9:   Received physical credit card

Status of credit limit increase on Platinum card:

Day 1:  Requested $6000 increase via the website (Account Summary section then select Platinum card)

Day 8:  Rejected due to recent credit limit changes.   When I first got the Platinum the limit was too low for the balance transfer I planned.   I sent them a message about it and initially they rejected an increase then did a reconsideration and raised it adequately.  Perhaps that raise counted as the first credit increase and I need to wait six months from that time.

Notes:    I applied for the More Rewards card after my fourth billing statement which gave me the three full billing periods and well over 91 days after getting the first card.   After it was approved I did the online credit limit increase request from the details section of the Platinum card.   Per advice here this method should avoid a hard pull credit check that may occur had I called and asked for a credit line increase.

Message 16359 of 17,187
Merc1776
Valued Member

Have not heard back some advice needed its been 7 days and counting for CLI also its been over 91 days and 3 statements. If I message them via website will it count as a SP or HP if for some reason it didn't get processed when I did the traditional route for CLI.

Message 16360 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.