Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Hi NFCU fam, hope your weekend is well. 

Received this letter in the mail in regards to my successful More Rewards application and their internal scoring. What can I do to make sure I am 'good' for 91/3? 

Kindly!!

d0d6031f-5200-4124-93a1-426283c60c7a.jpeg

Message 10541 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi NFCU fam, hope your weekend is well. 

Received this letter in the mail in regards to my successful More Rewards application and their internal scoring. What can I do to make sure I am 'good' for 91/3? 

Kindly!!

d0d6031f-5200-4124-93a1-426283c60c7a.jpeg

Keep your DTI low.    Use and pay well, about it.   Maybe not app anything for a bit, but that never stop me from approvals

Message 10542 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbque wrote:
Today is my 91/3 as my last App was on 6/22/19 and my 3rd statement cut earlier this week. Question should I pull the trigger today on another card or wait until tomorrow or Monday? Thinking the Flagship or Platinum any opinions on which one?

Whichever one has the best benefits for your spend.   Flagship has a 5k min, so if you don't think that would happen, any other card they offer

Message 10543 of 17,187
tbque
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@tbque wrote:
Today is my 91/3 as my last App was on 6/22/19 and my 3rd statement cut earlier this week. Question should I pull the trigger today on another card or wait until tomorrow or Monday? Thinking the Flagship or Platinum any opinions on which one?

Whichever one has the best benefits for your spend.   Flagship has a 5k min, so if you don't think that would happen, any other card they offer

Thanks for the advice. Also, just found out that my nRewards secured card graduated today so I product changed it to the Platinum. Thus, I’ll probably apply for the Flagship just don’t know when to pull the trigger?

Message 10544 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@tbque wrote:

Thanks for the advice. Also, just found out that my nRewards secured card graduated today so I product changed it to the Platinum. Thus, I’ll probably apply for the Flagship just don’t know when to pull the trigger?

Your signature shows a $20k cash rewards. It would appear you could likely meet the $5k minimum of the Flagship.

If you have patience wait until Monday to make sure of 91/3.

No patience, apply now.

Message 10545 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I’ve been thinking about going for my second Navy. Ut is about 32% overall, but most of the it’s on my $24k cashRewards Card which is at 90%. All other cards on zero. Been in the garden for 2 years now. FICOs all in the 700s.

Should I?
Message 10546 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I’ve been thinking about going for my second Navy. Ut is about 32% overall, but most of the it’s on my $24k cashRewards Card which is at 90%. All other cards on zero. Been in the garden for 2 years now. FICOs all in the 700s.

Should I?

Your individual utilization is maxed out. It's recommended to get ones credit report optimized when applying for credit to improve approval odds.

That said, it's hard to figure out Navy. How's you DTI?

Message 10547 of 17,187
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I?

I would probably wait until your utilization on your navy card goes down a bit, but with navy you never know.

Hopefully someone who was in this position will reply. My utilization was always low when I applied for additional cards. 

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 10548 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I?

That would depend on your DTI more than anything, not just Util.   If you are making larger payments on the 90% card then they can see you are paying it off quickly. 

I would wait till you get that down some as others mentioned, congrats on the 700 fico's, but navy goes by DTI more than score.  They want to see your ability to repay more than a score number.

Looking forward to hear your success when you do decide to try

Message 10549 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I?

That would depend on your DTI more than anything, not just Util.   If you are making larger payments on the 90% card then they can see you are paying it off quickly. 

I would wait till you get that down some as others mentioned, congrats on the 700 fico's, but navy goes by DTI more than score.  They want to see your ability to repay more than a score number.

Looking forward to hear your success when you do decide to try

I just read this. I couldn't go for the CLI. I feared a denial. BUT! I did go for a new App instead. My 24 month gardening has been broken. Forgiveness is asked from the gardeners. I'm unworthy.  

But here is my latest approval!

Messages Image(3329735980).png

Message 10550 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.