Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@FesteringTTT wrote:

I have the Go Rewards with 1k limit. I'm coming up on my 90 days on October 4. My third statement cut yesterday. Do I have to wait for a 4th statement to get 3 full statements or is 90 and any 3 statements good to go for second card?

Also, should you go for CLI on first card or try for second card first?

It's 91 days and 3 FULL statements. So if your first statement was a partial/short one, I'm afraid it doesn't count. You'd have to wait until after your 4th statement.

As for CLI/new app, I believe the order is new card first, then CLI. But others can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Your not wrongSmiley Happy

Message 14671 of 17,187
FesteringTTT
Valued Member

Also, my wife just got the email that her N Rewards is close to being reviewed for graduation. How long after the email does that usually occur?

Message 14672 of 17,187
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

My family has had several successful CLI and additional card apps with just 3 statements with the first statement having less than 25 days in the cycle.  I think the clue to look for would be to see if that first statement had a minimum payment of greater than $0 showing.  All of our successful apps had a minimum payment listed.

Would be nice to see more DP's, as this may be profile dependent.

Message 14673 of 17,187
NeverTubetheGoose
Regular Contributor

@FesteringTTT wrote:

Also, my wife just got the email that her N Rewards is close to being reviewed for graduation. How long after the email does that usually occur?

@FesteringTTT I got my email at the end of Aug/beginning of Sept (don't remember the specific date) and nothing yet.

BK7 filed 5/19/19, discharged 9/20/19 (lesson learned, some people aren't meant to be business owners and should stick to their day job, some people is me)

Total Available: $93,000
Goal: the Delta Platinum Reserve AmEx, Marriott Brilliance AmEx, Marriott Bonvoy Business AmEx
Message 14674 of 17,187
pt91978
Regular Contributor

@FesteringTTT wrote:

Interesting, I've never received an email stating that my card is close to being reviewed for graduation.  Mine just graduated a couple days after the 6th statement cut.  I wonder if that is something new that Navy is doing.  Anyhow,  good luck to your wife!!

Oh btw, you can request for a CLI immediately after your card graduated for a baby bump. Mine went from 2k to 4.5k.  YMMV of course!

Message 14675 of 17,187
audioman00
Regular Contributor

Received a flagship CLI last week and got the letter in the mail explaining why it was limited to a $4k CLI (which is what I expected given the current cap).

But reason stated was due to my internal score, which is 846 on a scale of 334-818. Not sure what to make of that.......

Message 14676 of 17,187
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@audioman00 wrote:

Received a flagship CLI last week and got the letter in the mail explaining why it was limited to a $4k CLI (which is what I expected given the current cap).

But reason stated was due to my internal score, which is 846 on a scale of 334-818. Not sure what to make of that.......

Whaaat? AFAIK, their internal scoring goes from 0-400 or something like that. Smiley Indifferent

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 14677 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s a Mortgage score EQ5, the scale. 

idk about score

Message 14678 of 17,187
pt91978
Regular Contributor

Hey fico fam, 

91/3 just passed on my plat, I asked for $4k CLI but only received $2.5k.  Still very happy w the result since I barely use the card.  My Navy score is 691.  

The question I have is,  say I want to move the limit on my plat to my CR and PC the CR to the FS.  Does that reset the CLI clock on my CR?  My 6 mo. CLI is due in November btw.  Thanks!!!

D27E5F4D-03A3-48A0-A490-F3DDC907C044.png

Message 14679 of 17,187
NeverTubetheGoose
Regular Contributor

How can we find out what our Navy score is?

BK7 filed 5/19/19, discharged 9/20/19 (lesson learned, some people aren't meant to be business owners and should stick to their day job, some people is me)

Total Available: $93,000
Goal: the Delta Platinum Reserve AmEx, Marriott Brilliance AmEx, Marriott Bonvoy Business AmEx
Message 14680 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.