Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@tbann wrote:

My 4th (3rd full) statement cut on 10/9.  On 10/10 I submitted my CLI request on the website and about 24 hours later 3k additional (3k SL) showed in my available balance.  I'm hoping in 6 months I really get some CLI love.

3K CLI is pretty nice! Congrats!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14851 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

In reference to your post, 

Is there still a hp/sp difference when you request a CLI increase over the phone versus over the website/app? 

Some DPs for me: 

EX 691

TU 676

EQ 619

I am rebuilding my credit and on 12/19/2019, I applied for a cash rewards card and was approved for a $500 SL. On 7/17/2020, I stupidly applied for a CLI to $900 and was approved. On 9/21/2020, I was approved for the AMEX MR card with a SL of $1,000. 

I spoke to a NFCU CSR yesterday and she advised me that even though it was been 91 days and 3 statements from my last CLI on the cash rewards card, that I would still be denied a CLI because my most recent app was on 9/21/2020. She told me I should wait for a full six months and reapply for a CLI on both cards at that time. 

What do you all think about this? Was she wrong? Or do I need to educate myself better. I still don't understand the 6 month vs 91/3 rule and how the apply to CLIs and new credit accounts. 

Also, I am applying for a mortage so I cannot risk a hard pull at this time. Should I wait until after I close on the house? Or risk applying for the CLI and hope for the SP?

Thanks for your help on this situation!

Message 14852 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous once you open a new card you can apply for your first initial CLI on that card at 91/3 then after your first request you can only request every 6 months. You can open a new card after your previous cards 91/3. You can app for a CLI on your new card at 91/3 but again after the first CLI request at 91/3 on any card it moves to 6 month intervals. NFCU will not allow you to open any new cards until any current cards you've opened hit 91/3. 

Message 14853 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much for explaining it to me!

Hopefully I'll handle it better in the future. 

Message 14854 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous once you open a new card you can apply for your first initial CLI on that card at 91/3 then after your first request you can only request every 6 months. You can open a new card after your previous cards 91/3. You can app for a CLI on your new card at 91/3 but again after the first CLI request at 91/3 on any card it moves to 6 month intervals. NFCU will not allow you to open any new cards until any current cards you've opened hit 91/3. 

After a successful CLI the clock moves to six months. If the CLI is denied, you can try again at any time. 

Message 14855 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the community! IMHO the info from CSRs is unreliable just like the prequal site. The best info is here and especially on this thread!

I look forward to following your journey.😊

There's lots of info here that points to 3 full statements so many wait for the fourth to make sure. The CLI request is a SP right now so perhaps try again after your  fourth statement statement cuts if it's a no go at 91/3.

Message 14856 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Wow, huge congrats on your success! Well done!  You can just text me directions to the celebration party! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14857 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbann 

Congrats on your CLI success! 😊

Message 14858 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do @Anonymous ! Lol all the “Celebration Liquid” is on me! Also yeah I get the real cobrand meaning. I just didn’t know how else to explain it in context. I did not however know all the info you shared with me. Thankyou MUCH for that! Very good to know... Idk what I would do without all of you here!
Message 14859 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Will do @Anonymous ! Lol all the “Celebration Liquid” is on me! Also yeah I get the real cobrand meaning. I just didn’t know how else to explain it in context. I did not however know all the info you shared with me. Thankyou MUCH for that! Very good to know... Idk what I would do without all of you here!

Probably learn your credit from a YT'rSmiley Wink

Message 14860 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.