Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@mchang124  congrats on the $4K bump! It looks like you got the max they are offering for CLI's right now! Well done! Smiley LOL

Message 14891 of 17,187
mchang124
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@mchang124  congrats on the $4K bump! It looks like you got the max they are offering for CLI's right now! Well done! Smiley LOL

yeah, you're probably right. haha. my Flagship is next. that is my heaviest used card at the moment.

“It’s nice to be important but it’s more important to be nice”
Message 14892 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Thank you so much, will def do that!! Now do you think its better to setup direct deposit with Navy or is it fine transfering money monthly there (have linked accounts already with my other bank) and use it like that? 

Wait at least 6 months also for the CLI? 

Message 14893 of 17,187
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Anonymous I stuck my toe in the pool and the water was just fine. Not entirely pleased with the apr, but I never carry a balance. Now I have to return to the garden until the end of 2021. Thank you for all of the well wishes and good vibes.Screenshot (53)_LI.jpg

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 14894 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@BmoreBull     Awesome Congratulations!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 14895 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@BmoreBull wrote:

@Anonymous I stuck my toe in the pool and the water was just fine. Not entirely pleased with the apr, but I never carry a balance. Now I have to return to the garden until the end of 2021. Thank you for all of the well wishes and good vibes.Screenshot (53)_LI.jpg

Congratulations on your approval! That's a great starting limit on the first card. You probably all ready know, mark your calendar on anniversary of account open to ask for APR reduction.

Message 14896 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@mchang124 wrote:

So earlier this week after my statement had posted on my cash rewards card, i decided to go for a CLI. Prior to the CLI, my limit was $2500. in the passed 3 months i've spent only $38 on the card (yes, i said only $38). I requested $10k, they gave me a total credit line of $6500 (a $4k CLI). Not bad considering i barely use the card and i use my Flagship and More Rewards alot more. 

no HP for the CLI. Gotta love NFCU!

DP's -
EX Fico 8 740 / TU Fico 8 754 / EQ Fico 9 787 (NFCU still using EQ9 to show your CS on their site)

LOL INQ's, have gotten 3 personal cards this year (Flagship, Venture, PenFed Platinum Rewards) and one business card with NFCU (mastercard)

Income: $100k

UTI: 1.28%

Total Overall CL prior to CLI: $117k

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 14897 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BmoreBull  I can't even tell you how happy I am for you!! That is a hefty SL in these turbulent days; well done!! With that awesome new card I guess you're buyin' for all of us fellow gardeners this weekend! Make mine a double lol!! Smiley Very Happy

Best news today, major congrats!! Smiley LOL 

Message 14898 of 17,187
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

I am wondering with all that’s going on if anyone has recently gotten credit limit increases on 2 credit cards at the same time? In November my More Rewards and Flagship cards will both be eligible for increases. I've had the More Rewards since Feb 2020 and this will be my 2nd CLI.  I've had the Flagship since August 2020 and this will be my 1st CLI. I put the majority of my monthly spend on the Flagship, close to $2000 per month. With the limit being $5200 I really need more on that card. The More Rewards I usually spend $100 to $300 on it, the limit is currently $17,300. I always pay both in full by the closing date, just want to get their limits up to $25,000 as soon as possible.  Trying to decide if I will go for just 1 increase and space out the 2nd or just do them both simultaneously? I know it wasn’t unheard of before the pandemic to get increases on more than 1 card but a lot has changed.

Message 14899 of 17,187
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Anonymous @AllZero @Girlzilla88  Thank you all. I couldn't have done it without the help from these forums. I joined back in June and waited to app, plus now most of my dd has been shifted there. Again thanks guys, for all the help and guidance you all provide on a daily basis. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 14900 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.