AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Anonymous, I am probably the last person to talk you out of itsmiley-laughing021.gif

If it were Me, I would apply for the NFCU card before Amex hits and let them age together?

Then straight to the garden for a while.... Just sayinSmiley Very Happy

Keep us posted?

Thanks! So it would be okay to app for the Flagship even though Navy just gave me a CLI today? I don't need much encouragement to app...I just want to make sure it's not hopeless! I really want this card!

Also it is possible that your recent CLI may put you over the internal limit for NFCU

One thing i do say , so i could still app a FS one day lol,  is nothing is impossible with Navy and dont be afraid to try or even risk hps. I would never have achieved a 25k credit card with them if i didnt chance it by requesting 25k on my last few attempts. I wish there were more low income people here on myFico that i could help inspire  for what ive accomplished on my income. 

@AverageJoesCredit  You have been very inspiring to me and I'm sure many others. I think a lot of people lurk too. I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you realize.

I know that when I first came here (two years ago almost exactly) that I dredged up a lot of old threads to glean info on having a low income and high utilization, and what could be accomplished with those shortcomings. You have been a great help and a source of encouragement throughout these two years, let me tell you! I try to always be very specific about my issues when reporting on an approval (low income, 90-day-late, etc) because I KNOW what it feels like to see someone else get approved and wonder, "Yeah, but they make three times as much as me!" or "Yeah, but they have low utilization!" and so forth.

Thanks @Anonymous  im always glad to help. Ive got big news coming soon im just waiting couple more days to find out about an apr redux request that i need to wait the full year so they can review my account. Smiley Happy

Message 15261 of 17,187
JNA1
Valued Contributor

Just as a DP to add to community - DW was approved for a NFCU More Rewards card on 6/16 with a 3K SL. She got an auto CLI on the 3rd statement that raised the CL to $4500. She applied for the cashRewards card today and got a $7500 SL. 

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 15262 of 17,187
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@JNA1     Awesome Congrats to DW

Message 15263 of 17,187
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@JNA1     Awesome Congrats to DW

Thanks! I will be at 91/3 in a few days, and I had not planned to app for a 2nd card right now - but I won't lie - the Navy luv sure is tempting! 😂

Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 15264 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@JNA1 wrote:

Just as a DP to add to community - DW was approved for a NFCU More Rewards card on 6/16 with a 3K SL. She got an auto CLI on the 3rd statement that raised the CL to $4500. She applied for the cashRewards card today and got a $7500 SL. 

Congrats to DW on the MoreRewards approvalSmiley Happy

Message 15265 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hmmm. I wonder if the delay could be that your recent CLI which brought your Cash Rewards up to 5K, the minimum SL for the Flagship, is too recent?

If that would be the case, I would suggest letting the new limit report on a statement or two and then try to PC again.  Of course by that time it is possible your internal Navy limit may have grown to support an application of its own.

The PC may still occur which renders this moot.

Regardless, please keep us informed of the outcome as you are providing valuable DP's for the future.

Good luck on this PC attempt! ☺

Thanks, @800wannabe420! I wanted to update and say that I GOT IT!!! The product change went through! I got a message on my account yesterday saying that they'd done the product change. There was no hint beforehand that I could see. My "account summary" online and on the app still showed the old CashRewards card until the middle of the night, when it briefly "disappeared" from sight, and then this morning my account summary showed the new Flagship Visa!!! I am very excited! Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Data points in case anyone cares: I've had the CashRewards card for a year and five months, and I've been a Navy member for that same length of time. My TU Fico 8 is currently 697. I use the checking and savings regularly, but to be honest, not a lot of money goes through there. (My main income isn't deposited into this account.) I have a few savings accounts with not-insignificant sums, though. 

Message 15266 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  You have been very inspiring to me and I'm sure many others. I think a lot of people lurk too. I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you realize.

I know that when I first came here (two years ago almost exactly) that I dredged up a lot of old threads to glean info on having a low income and high utilization, and what could be accomplished with those shortcomings. You have been a great help and a source of encouragement throughout these two years, let me tell you! I try to always be very specific about my issues when reporting on an approval (low income, 90-day-late, etc) because I KNOW what it feels like to see someone else get approved and wonder, "Yeah, but they make three times as much as me!" or "Yeah, but they have low utilization!" and so forth.

Thanks @Anonymous  im always glad to help. Ive got big news coming soon im just waiting couple more days to find out about an apr redux request that i need to wait the full year so they can review my account. Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Do keep us updated! How exciting! Qué emoción! (I don't speak Spanish; I'm just learning...) 

Message 15267 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@Anonymous 

Hmmm. I wonder if the delay could be that your recent CLI which brought your Cash Rewards up to 5K, the minimum SL for the Flagship, is too recent?

If that would be the case, I would suggest letting the new limit report on a statement or two and then try to PC again.  Of course by that time it is possible your internal Navy limit may have grown to support an application of its own.

The PC may still occur which renders this moot.

Regardless, please keep us informed of the outcome as you are providing valuable DP's for the future.

Good luck on this PC attempt! ☺

Thanks, @800wannabe420! I wanted to update and say that I GOT IT!!! The product change went through! I got a message on my account yesterday saying that they'd done the product change. There was no hint beforehand that I could see. My "account summary" online and on the app still showed the old CashRewards card until the middle of the night, when it briefly "disappeared" from sight, and then this morning my account summary showed the new Flagship Visa!!! I am very excited! Thanks for the advice, everyone!

Data points in case anyone cares: I've had the CashRewards card for a year and five months, and I've been a Navy member for that same length of time. My TU Fico 8 is currently 697. I use the checking and savings regularly, but to be honest, not a lot of money goes through there. (My main income isn't deposited into this account.) I have a few savings accounts with not-insignificant sums, though. 

This is awesome @Anonymous Smiley Happy. Enjoy that beautiful card. I would get it for looks alone. Lol, i know most here wouldnt want to pay an AF for a card they dont use but i throw away more money    playing lotto, thats what ya do when po Smiley Wink ). Navy is truely amqzing. To me they are the scariest lender because of how much they trust us, its the one card i dont truely ever want to burn. Did your apr go up ?

Message 15268 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit Do keep us updated! How exciting! Qué emoción! (I don't speak Spanish; I'm just learning...) 

Lol, dont worry, my Spanish is worse lol but everyone here knows im gringo from my accent. Heck alot of people think im from Brazil when they hear my accent and how i speak my spanish.  Considering what i make, i think its truely a blessing and true trust  that Navy has bestowed upon my profileSmiley Happy. Stay tuned....😆

Message 15269 of 17,187
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Lol, dont worry, my Spanish is worse lol but everyone here knows im gringo from my accent. Heck alot of people think im from Brazil when they hear my accent and how i speak my spanish.  Considering what i make, i think its truely a blessing and true trust  that Navy has bestowed upon my profileSmiley Happy. Stay tuned....😆

That made me laugh AJC, this is the first time I've heard of someone's Spanish being so bad people think they're hearing Portuguese 😂

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15270 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.