Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@tenaya wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@tenaya wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  You have been very inspiring to me and I'm sure many others. I think a lot of people lurk too. I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you realize.

I know that when I first came here (two years ago almost exactly) that I dredged up a lot of old threads to glean info on having a low income and high utilization, and what could be accomplished with those shortcomings. You have been a great help and a source of encouragement throughout these two years, let me tell you! I try to always be very specific about my issues when reporting on an approval (low income, 90-day-late, etc) because I KNOW what it feels like to see someone else get approved and wonder, "Yeah, but they make three times as much as me!" or "Yeah, but they have low utilization!" and so forth.

Thanks @tenaya  im always glad to help. Ive got big news coming soon im just waiting couple more days to find out about an apr redux request that i need to wait the full year so they can review my account. Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Do keep us updated! How exciting! Qué emoción! (I don't speak Spanish; I'm just learning...) 

Lol, dont worry, my Spanish is worse lol but everyone here knows im gringo from my accent. Heck alot of people think im from Brazil when they hear my accent and how i speak my spanish.  Considering what i make, i think its truely a blessing and true trust  that Navy has bestowed upon my profileSmiley Happy. Stay tuned....😆

Message 15271 of 16,104
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@tenaya wrote:

@tenaya wrote:

@AverageJoesCredit  You have been very inspiring to me and I'm sure many others. I think a lot of people lurk too. I'm sure you have inspired far more people than you realize.

I know that when I first came here (two years ago almost exactly) that I dredged up a lot of old threads to glean info on having a low income and high utilization, and what could be accomplished with those shortcomings. You have been a great help and a source of encouragement throughout these two years, let me tell you! I try to always be very specific about my issues when reporting on an approval (low income, 90-day-late, etc) because I KNOW what it feels like to see someone else get approved and wonder, "Yeah, but they make three times as much as me!" or "Yeah, but they have low utilization!" and so forth.

Thanks @tenaya  im always glad to help. Ive got big news coming soon im just waiting couple more days to find out about an apr redux request that i need to wait the full year so they can review my account. Smiley Happy

@AverageJoesCredit Do keep us updated! How exciting! Qué emoción! (I don't speak Spanish; I'm just learning...) 

Lol, dont worry, my Spanish is worse lol but everyone here knows im gringo from my accent. Heck alot of people think im from Brazil when they hear my accent and how i speak my spanish.  Considering what i make, i think its truely a blessing and true trust  that Navy has bestowed upon my profileSmiley Happy. Stay tuned....😆

That made me laugh AJC, this is the first time I've heard of someone's Spanish being so bad people think they're hearing Portuguese 😂

(12/2020)
FICO 8 (EX) 813 (TU) 808 (EQ) 797
FICO 9 (EX) 823 (TU) 821 (EQ) 825

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 15272 of 16,104
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@tenaya wrote:

@tenaya wrote:

That made me laugh AJC, this is the first time I've heard of someone's Spanish being so bad people think they're hearing Portuguese 😂

I have one boss who cant understand my spanish or Englush lol but she luves meSmiley Wink. Dang i think 8 need to learn English too😀

Message 15273 of 16,104
Frequent Contributor

I have one boss who cant understand my spanish or Englush lol but she luves meSmiley Wink. Dang i think 8 need to learn English too😀

I would be flattered if people thought my Spanish sounded like I was Brazillian! I speak pure Gringa, through and through! 

Overstock $9,750, Walmart $2.5K, Discover IT Cash Back $2.4K, NFCU Flagship $5K (formerly CashRewards), Shell (Citi) $800, NFCU More Rewards $17K, AMEX Cash Magnet $1K, Citizens Cash Back $2.8K, Amazon Store Card $4.2K, Cap1 QS $1.1K, FBNO Visa $1.6K, AMEX Blue Cash Preferred, $8K, eBay MC $800 (RIP Green Dot Platinum Secured)
Current FICO8: EQ 700, TU 700, EX 688   Current FICO9: EQ 715, EX 714
Goal for December 2019: FICO8 640-700 (reached! Fico 681!) | Goal for December 2020: FICO8 685-700 (Reached! 690!) | Goal for December 2021: FICO8 700-740
Starting Score: 539  Current Score: 690  Goal Score: 760
My credit recovery journal

Message 15274 of 16,104
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@tenaya wrote:

I would be flattered if people thought my Spanish sounded like I was Brazillian! I speak pure Gringa, through and through! 

Lol,    at least amamos a Navy😁

Message 15275 of 16,104
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Realized today was day after im eligble for account review. Just sent a sm to see if i can get my Plat apr lowered.its already 6.99 but would be nice to see lowestSmiley Wink

Message 15276 of 16,104
Frequent Contributor

@tenaya wrote:

Lol,    at least amamos a Navy😁

Sí, sí, es verdad.

Overstock $9,750, Walmart $2.5K, Discover IT Cash Back $2.4K, NFCU Flagship $5K (formerly CashRewards), Shell (Citi) $800, NFCU More Rewards $17K, AMEX Cash Magnet $1K, Citizens Cash Back $2.8K, Amazon Store Card $4.2K, Cap1 QS $1.1K, FBNO Visa $1.6K, AMEX Blue Cash Preferred, $8K, eBay MC $800 (RIP Green Dot Platinum Secured)
Goal for December 2019: FICO8 640-700 (reached! Fico 681!) | Goal for December 2020: FICO8 685-700 (Reached! 690!) | Goal for December 2021: FICO8 700-740

Message 15277 of 16,104
Epic Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

@tenaya wrote:

@tenaya wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/BOgLwbk.png

popcorn eating emoticon.gif
Message 15278 of 16,104
Frequent Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@coldfusion wrote:

@tenaya wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/BOgLwbk.png

Maybe I misunderstood, but I think he had what was mistaken for a Portuguese accent. I still have so much to learn, but the accents among various Spanish speakers can be very diverse. I watch a lot of Spanish-language TV (mostly Mexican) and because of that, the Mexican accent is the easiest for me to understand. (Depends on the person, though.) But, for example, the Argentinian Spanish accent is almost incomprehensible.  I have no idea about a Portuguese accent, but I can't imagine that it's worse than my Gringa accent! LOL!

Message 15279 of 16,104
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Well after receiving the fastest response to a sm by Navy in historySmiley Wink, i think it was like 2 hours. I received my apr response. Unfortunately im ineligible  at this moment  due to it being score based,  but can try again in a month  or two.  Its all good, cant hate on Navy lol, had to take a shot. Replied very positively as they have been more than generous. 

Message 15280 of 16,104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.