Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NFCU Soft/Hard ?

To join it's a soft pull.
Message 9751 of 17,187
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Thanks ficoman , do you know who they pull so I can unfreeze ?

Message 9752 of 17,187
thornback
Senior Contributor

Initial membership (for me) they SPd EQ.

For apps, majority of cases...

Credit Card apps: TU
CLOC/Loan apps: EQ

Future CLIs: EQ

Good Luck!
Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 9753 of 17,187
Fico82
Frequent Contributor

Thank you thornback I appreciate your help.

Message 9754 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

I am not sure if this is old news to everyone else. Since it's certainly new info to me, I figured I'd pass it along...

To help rebuild my credit, I opened my first NCFU nRewards Secured Credit Card in April 2018. After ~6 months, the card became unsecured at $2k. In November of 2018, I was approved for the Flagship at $25k. Despite maintaining good standing accounts, (i.e., monthly payoffs, balance below 10%, etc.) I haven't received any additional auto increases.

I spoke to someone in the credit card department and she informed me that I won't receive any auto CLIs because the auto CLI increase indicator was turned off. When I asked her why she informed me that it's automatically disabled for new cards and would have to be manually requested/enabled. She enabled it for me so that I'd become eligible in the future. I am not sure if this related to my specific type of credit profile or part of a new process. Has anyone else heard or experienced this? 

Message 9755 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am not sure if this is old news to everyone else. Since it's certainly new info to me, I figured I'd pass it along...

To help rebuild my credit, I opened my first NCFU nRewards Secured Credit Card in April 2018. After ~6 months, the card became unsecured at $2k. In November of 2018, I was approved for the Flagship at $25k. Despite maintaining good standing accounts, (i.e., monthly payoffs, balance below 10%, etc.) I haven't received any additional auto increases.

I spoke to someone in the credit card department and she informed me that I won't receive any auto CLIs because the auto CLI increase indicator was turned off. When I asked her why she informed me that it's automatically disabled for new cards and would have to be manually requested/enabled. She enabled it for me so that I'd become eligible in the future. I am not sure if this related to my specific type of credit profile or part of a new process. Has anyone else heard or experienced this? 

@Anonymous  Thank You.  I forgot about that rule.  Even tho this is known to us that have been here awhile, we are consistantly having new members and new to this thread members all the time that may not have known this. 

I'm not sure what tiggers it, but NFCU does have an AUTO CLI turn off feature in their system.  A quick call to them can have it removed if it has been turned on tho. 

Message 9756 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
... I'm not sure what tiggers it, but NFCU does have an AUTO CLI turn off feature in their system.  A quick call to them can have it removed if it has been turned on tho. 

I just got off the phone with them & I was told the turn-off auto-CLI has to be requested, that it is not automatically set. "We want you to have more credit, so you spend more. Right?" Sounds right to me. She said my 3 cards were all good to go. 

She also said at 13 months, around your review time of the month, they consider the card for an auto-cli. 

Message 9757 of 17,187
TheFIGuy
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
... I'm not sure what tiggers it, but NFCU does have an AUTO CLI turn off feature in their system.  A quick call to them can have it removed if it has been turned on tho. 

I just got off the phone with them & I was told the turn-off auto-CLI has to be requested, that it is not automatically set. "We want you to have more credit, so you spend more. Right?" Sounds right to me. She said my 3 cards were all good to go. 

She also said at 13 months, around your review time of the month, they consider the card for an auto-cli. 

Thanks everybody, DP's below:

NFCU cashRewards | Opened 03/19 | Auto-CLI was turned off rep turned it ON WOOT

NFCU Platinum | Opened 06/19 | Auto-CLI was turned off rep turned it ON WOOT

Rep stated they do a monthly SP's of your credit and will look into raising the CL on a "monthly basis"..

Message 9758 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone I am new here and been binge reading this forum for the last 2 days. All I can say is you guys are angels. I applied for a checking and savings and a cash rewards card and my sl was 9300$ I am still in shock. The rep sent me my card express because he could here the disbelief in my voice. I have never been approved for a limist so high and this is my very first secured visa. I have some questions just for clarification.

1.) with their own internal CLI would you eventually get to 25K or do I actually need to call them to do HP to get their?

2.) The rep told me today I should wait 6 months before I apply for another credit card so I can show history of me paying on time. I noticed most are asking for second card at 91/3. I went from 505 to 650 since March of 2019 so I am trying to be really smart and be strategic with my credit profile. So should  ask for another card then or just be patient and wait. It would be nice to have two high limit cards. 

18 accounts (cc, auto loan, self lender, mjc, auth user, student loans, repo, 3 collection accounts)

2 inquiries

avg. credit history 10 years

my parents auth user accts that are 30 yrs old perfect pymnt history shot me up like crazy (3 total on each CR)

Message 9759 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) I wouldn’t really rely on auto CLIs. They’re more the unicorn than the norm. If you want to grow it, take the HP.

2) There are different trains of thoughts on this one. Realistically 3 revolving accounts and 1 open installment loan are all you need to get an 850 FICO score given enough time. If you’re in rebuilding mode, you will have your scores go up with just those 4 accounts. However, I get the appeal of going for new accounts as your scores improve (I am guilty of this myself) and if you’re not afraid of potentially wasting an HP, I would go for it at 91/3. If it’s a no, try again at 181/6. Worst case scenario you’re out an HP.

Congrats on the card and welcome to myFICO! Smiley Happy
Message 9760 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.