Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:
1) I wouldn’t really rely on auto CLIs. They’re more the unicorn than the norm. If you want to grow it, take the HP.

2) There are different trains of thoughts on this one. Realistically 3 revolving accounts and 1 open installment loan are all you need to get an 850 FICO score given enough time. If you’re in rebuilding mode, you will have your scores go up with just those 4 accounts. However, I get the appeal of going for new accounts as your scores improve (I am guilty of this myself) and if you’re not afraid of potentially wasting an HP, I would go for it at 91/3. If it’s a no, try again at 181/6. Worst case scenario you’re out an HP.

Congrats on the card and welcome to myFICO! Smiley Happy

@Anonymous Thank you so much!!! Ok I will apply for a new card in 91/3. Also for the CLI should i do that at the same time as the new card. I read someone say they denied the CLI on their rewards because they got the flagship card. Should I wait to ask for an increase at the 181/9 mark. I dont want a lot of HP I see some on here had like 30. thats insane. Im already tripping at the two I have lol. but I can do another 2 max. Also which one should i ask for platinum, flagship or amex.  I was thinking flagship even though the annual fee because it has a max of 80k. That would be sweeeeeet to have that on deck.

Message 9761 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a CLI is important to you, ask for the CLI and let them review the request and come back with an approval or denial and then go for the new card. If you go for the new card first, you’re going to get the max they will give you all on that card at once and be denied your CLI.

I started my cashRewards at $3K in September, asked for an increase to $7500 in December and received it then asked for a Platinum the next day and got $7200 on that and my scores were not that great and I’m low income to boot so if you build that relationship with NFCU, it grows quickly.

Keep in mind that the max total exposure you’re allowed with NFCU is $80K now so if you want an $80K Flagship, that’s going to be the only card you have with them.
Message 9762 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If a CLI is important to you, ask for the CLI and let them review the request and come back with an approval or denial and then go for the new card. If you go for the new card first, you’re going to get the max they will give you all on that card at once and be denied your CLI.

I started my cashRewards at $3K in September, asked for an increase to $7500 in December and received it then asked for a Platinum the next day and got $7200 on that and my scores were not that great and I’m low income to boot so if you build that relationship with NFCU, it grows quickly.

Keep in mind that the max total exposure you’re allowed with NFCU is $80K now so if you want an $80K Flagship, that’s going to be the only card you have with them.

@saeren Your such a Gem. Now I undertand what to do. Thank you so much and clarifying the total of 80K for NFCu as a whole. Also is it better to call in my CLI/2nd card or do it online. Thank you so much. You don't know how much I appreciate your assistance!!!!

Message 9763 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, that’s what the forum is here for. Smiley Happy

You can request online, it doesn’t make a difference which way you do it since you can’t talk to the UW when you call so it’s just quicker to do it online.
Message 9764 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
... I'm not sure what tiggers it, but NFCU does have an AUTO CLI turn off feature in their system.  A quick call to them can have it removed if it has been turned on tho. 

I just got off the phone with them & I was told the turn-off auto-CLI has to be requested, that it is not automatically set. "We want you to have more credit, so you spend more. Right?" Sounds right to me. She said my 3 cards were all good to go. 

She also said at 13 months, around your review time of the month, they consider the card for an auto-cli. 

Thanks everybody, DP's below:

NFCU cashRewards | Opened 03/19 | Auto-CLI was turned off rep turned it ON WOOT

NFCU Platinum | Opened 06/19 | Auto-CLI was turned off rep turned it ON WOOT

Rep stated they do a monthly SP's of your credit and will look into raising the CL on a "monthly basis"..

My DP share...

I just called and my Rep told me unless I requested my CLI to be off, it is automatically on for all new accounts.  He double checked and it was on and good to go.  He did confirm they do monthly SP's but auto CLI's happen at a year. 

Message 9765 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm... I requested a CLI yesterday and it went to review but I never got an HP and I don’t have any secure messages.

I wonder if the request just got lost? It’s always an immediate HP when you ask NFCU for anything. My bureaus are all back on ice today (I had a temporary lift on all 3 for my Capital One app yesterday) and I think I’m just gonna leave it alone.
Message 9766 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does any one have any recent data points regarding 91/3 with a recent BK7 reporting ( less then 2 years old ) ?
Message 9767 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Does any one have any recent data points regarding 91/3 with a recent BK7 reporting ( less then 2 years old ) ?

You’ll likely have better luck waiting until 181/6. 

Message 9768 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I understand that 6 months would be alot more beneficial but I wanted to see if any results of those who were successful with a recent bk7 reporting . Thanks for the speedy response though lol !!!
Message 9769 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

They have tightened up recently so anything that was the case in the past doesn’t necessarily play out in the present. 

If you want to try for it, go for it. Worst case scenario it’s a wasted HP. Everyone advised me that I wouldn’t be getting a CLI or second card for most likely 6 months and I scored both at 91/3. 

Message 9770 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.