cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

- Shooting

Yes I did get the sub.


Message 10081 of 10,838
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Finally got an approval for the Cash Rewards at 18% and a 5K SL. I’m happy as my Merrick Bank balance will transfer and I can close that card.

My wife tried for a CLI on hers and got a denial.
Message 10082 of 10,838
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Suggestion/thoughts on my below strategy:

NFCU CR - Opened Feb 2019 15SL
NFCU Platinum - Opened May 2019 15SL

Both above Cards are seeing usage and I PIF and never carry a balance. In August 2019 I wanna apply for a 40k—( I know right) CLI on my NFCU CR Card. I’m aware they might ask for a POI and I’m 100% fine with it, I have nothing to hide and my main checking account is with NFCU.

DP’s
EQ - FICO 8 700+ (IDK why 20pts lower)
EX - FICO 8 720+
TU - FICO 8 720+
AI - 100k+
DTI - 5-8%

Question, would they counter offer if they don’t like the 40k offer or straight out deny me? I wanna make the most out of my HP with NFCU but don’t wanna be too greedy—(yes I know).

Should I just request the 25k and call it a **bleep** day?

Thanks for the advice in advance!
Message 10083 of 10,838
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

If you want $40K ask for it. If you’re eligible for an increase but NFCU isn’t willing to give you $40K they will counter with something else. $15K to $40K is a big jump, if you were already at $25K I would feel more confident about it.


Message 10084 of 10,838
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

So, yesterday was 91/3 for my Platinum.  I pulled the trigger on the Flagship and was approved for the "we will let you in the door" SL of $5000.  Navy has been very good to me and considering where I started 3 months ago, when all I had were starter and preditory cards, I'm really grateful.  After another cup of coffee I asked for a CLI for my Platinum and was increased from $5000 to $10,000.  The interesting DP in all of this is I had a HP for the new Flagship, but no addition HP for the CLI.  It's a two-fer!  At some point in the future, I will probably reallocate some of the Platinum line to the Flagship, but in the mean time, I still have 9 months on my 0% balance transfer and will use it to zero out a couple of smaller balances.

 

Needless to say, I've tossed my bronze gardening spade back in the shed and grabbed a seedling to plant.  If you need me, I will be sipping Iced Tea and pruning my garden.

Starting FICO 8 December 2017


FICO 8 as of 10/7/19

FICO 5/4/2 as of 10/7/19




Sock Drawer:


Goal: Middle Mortgage Score of 720 by 4/2020
Message 10085 of 10,838
Established Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

 

 

UPDATE:

 

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

 

~ Navy seems to be enforcing a new 6 month between CLI policy

 

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

 

~ New Max button is your friend for CLI requests.


 

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 10086 of 10,838
Member

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@swpopham wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

 

 

UPDATE:

 

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

 

~ Navy seems to be enforcing a new 6 month between CLI policy

 

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

 

~ New Max button is your friend for CLI requests.


 

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png


I do think it is gone.  It was there for my first CLI request this fall, but showed me the same limit request box when I apped a week ago.

Message 10087 of 10,838
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@we_are_bob wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

 

 

UPDATE:

 

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

 

~ Navy seems to be enforcing a new 6 month between CLI policy

 

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

 

~ New Max button is your friend for CLI requests.


 

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png


I do think it is gone.  It was there for my first CLI request this fall, but showed me the same limit request box when I apped a week ago.


My CLI Request is still there but it looks different from yours.

IMG_5447.jpg

GOALS: Garden til APR 2020 and 800 Club


SEP 2019: EX 791, TU 797, EQ 800
JUN 2019: EX 788, TU 794, EQ 779
DEC 2018: EX 777, TU 783, EQ 799

|| AmX Cash Magnet $25K || NFCU CashRewards $20K || Macy's $20K || Discover IT $18.7K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $12.5K || AmX ED $11.5K || CitiCostco $7K || CitiDC $6.3K ||
Message 10088 of 10,838
Frequent Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

So I figured last night since my wife was turned down for a CLI (it may have not been 6 months yet since her card graduated and she got the inital CLI) I'd have her try for a 2nd card.  She got the usual 24 hour message and we hadn't heard anything this morning.  I'm not sure why I can't see the link for checking application status but I found the link for it, put her info in, and saw that it had been approved but she hasn't received a text or email yet and it doesn't show up yet on her Account list.

 

I took a look at the Offers on her account and see a CLOC.  Is this a preapproval for a CLOC or just an ad?  We have a checking account under my name that she's a joint owner for and I haven't looked at my offers yet.

Message 10089 of 10,838
Member

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards


@CreditInspired wrote:

@we_are_bob wrote:

@swpopham wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

By popular demand and the fact that when someone posts to the other Navy Federal CLI thread it crashes my "Mail" program I think we should do a new updated one since we hopefully get the $25k request part.

 

 

UPDATE:

 

~ You can no longer move CL's from one account to open a 2nd account that has been denied.

 

~ Navy seems to be enforcing a new 6 month between CLI policy

 

~ 6-month policy doesn't apply to getting a 2nd card.  Some are having success at just over a month of first card approval

 

~ New Max button is your friend for CLI requests.


 

Is this button gone? This is what I see on my sideScreen Shot 2019-07-15 at 9.07.31 AM.png


I do think it is gone.  It was there for my first CLI request this fall, but showed me the same limit request box when I apped a week ago.


My CLI Request is still there but it looks different from yours.

IMG_5447.jpg


It's after you press the "IncreseMy Credit Limit" hyperlink that you get the page he showed.  There used to be a button there to request the maximum amount, but now it makes you enter a specific request in the box.

Message 10090 of 10,838
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.