Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@coreyb80 wrote:

The 5th statement cut on Thursday for my secured card and it didn't receive the unsecured

Maybe next statement? Keep hanging in there, Navy isnt Cap One, you will unsecure eventuallySmiley Happy

Message 11271 of 17,187
Matt9543
Established Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

The only way i see it affecting it is  if getting a cloc affects your internal max credit allowed at the moment. Even though a Cloc might not factor into total cc exposure allowed, it could factor into overall Navy exposure they are allowing for your account. Good thing is with time, that exposure can grow with your internal scoreSmiley Happy

Gotcha. I haven't been able to find my internal score, so I have no idea what that would be.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 11272 of 17,187
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

The 5th statement cut on Thursday for my secured card and it didn't receive the unsecured

I got mine on the 7th statement a few weeks ago and my scores were great at the time, so you may not see anything until January.

Message 11273 of 17,187
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@coreyb80 wrote:

Maybe next statement? Keep hanging in there, Navy isnt Cap One, you will unsecure eventuallySmiley Happy

I'm definitely hanging on until it unsecures.  I appreciate Navy.

Message 11274 of 17,187
coreyb80
Super Contributor

@omgitsMatt wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

I got mine on the 7th statement a few weeks ago and my scores were great at the time, so you may not see anything until January.

Hopefully so, if not then the wait continues!

Message 11275 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

So with the new updated EQ9 @ 721..   decided it was time to ask for some APR reductions. 

Starting ranges from 16.9% - 18%

All three cards are now at 13.49%   At least for me, not to shabby with a not yet clean profile and only 2yrs of exp with NFCU.  

Other than my 0% BT, the other two are PIF, so it matters not other than the credit rebuilding is working and NFCU is amazing as always. 

Message 11276 of 17,187
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@shoegal wrote:

After reading about AJC's and Saeren successes, I tried for a CLI for my card and one of the DH cards. That was around midnight, I checked a few hours later and the DH got a $4k CLI from $9,000 to $13,000. I think mine was what denied since there's no new credit line.🤷🏻‍♀️

Both cards will be 2 years old in Feb and we only asked for a CLI once in May 2018.

Congrats to DH @shoegal , sorry on your denial.  It will happenSmiley Happy. My TU is a Navy HP graveyardSmiley Wink

Thanks, AJC! I'm just happy that the DH and my FICO peeps got it without an HP.

Message 11277 of 17,187
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So with the new updated EQ9 @ 721..   decided it was time to ask for some APR reductions. 

Starting ranges from 16.9% - 18%

All three cards are now at 13.49%   At least for me, not to shabby with a not yet clean profile and only 2yrs of exp with NFCU.  

Other than my 0% BT, the other two are PIF, so it matters not other than the credit rebuilding is working and NFCU is amazing as always. 

Congrats, Jago!!

Message 11278 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Question:

Wife got the Cash Rewards back on Sept 7. So on Sunday, I went for a CLI, went under review. 2 days later, nothing. My question is regarding the “3” in 91/3. Although she opened in Sept, she didn’t use the card for the first time until November. So there was no statement generated for Sept or Oct. do statements have to generate in order to count towards the 3?
Message 11279 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yes, you need 3 statements to generate. There msy be exceptions, but Navy wants to see at least some sort of usageSmiley Wink
Message 11280 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.