Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

Well it's been over 24 hours now and no changes, messages or anything so far.

I suggest sending a SM. But, I think since you havent heard anything, I fear it may be a decline. You may have reached your maximum limit allowed of $36.5K at this moment in time.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11331 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I suggest sending a SM. But, I think since you havent heard anything, I fear it may be a decline. You may have reached your maximum limit allowed of $36.5K at this moment in time.

Shouldn't I have received at least a message or email.  I want to go ahead and unlock Equifax if it's done but I don't want to unlock it too soon and they review and do a hard pull.

Message 11332 of 17,187
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Shouldn't I have received at least a message or email.  I want to go ahead and unlock Equifax if it's done but I don't want to unlock it too soon and they review and do a hard pull.

It's probably declined. I asked for mine on Sunday and didn't got any updates or emails.

I asked for the DH's card at the same time and he got it a few hours later. They emailed him Monday or Tuesday about the increase.

Message 11333 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

91/3 is coming up next week, starting limit is $1k- met the sign up bonus and have paid the card off in full each month. 

I'm wanting to ask for $8k, will they counter with a lower amount or automatically decline me for asking for too much?

What would be a reasonable amount to ask for?

Message 11334 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 is coming up next week, starting limit is $1k- met the sign up bonus and have paid the card off in full each month. 

I'm wanting to ask for $8k, will they counter with a lower amount or automatically decline me for asking for too much?

I'm guessing 3x credit limit on first card. Perhaps try a third card? You might get better success?

Message 11335 of 17,187
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Hey guys, I have been away from the forums for awhile and I am a little out of the loop on the cli eligibility process for new cards lol! Go figure huh 😂

Was approved for Amex Rewards Sept 12 and 91 days was yesterday so pulled the trigger and got the review msg. Still nothing has changed in my account so I am assuming this is a denial. But my question is, did I perhaps attempt to early? Although I had reached my 91 days only 2 statements have cut. Next Statement is toward the end of the month. So my thinking is I attempted to early and need to re attempt after 3rd statement has cut? 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 11336 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you need to have 3 statements cut and 91 days. It looks like you asked to early. Retry once you’ve meet the 91/3 requirements. Good luck.
Message 11337 of 17,187
thornback
Senior Contributor

Yes, too early.  It's 91 days AND 3 statement cuts.   Try again once your 3rd statement cuts.  Good Luck!

@credit_endurance wrote:

Hey guys, I have been away from the forums for awhile and I am a little out of the loop on the cli eligibility process for new cards lol! Go figure huh 😂

Was approved for Amex Rewards Sept 12 and 91 days was yesterday so pulled the trigger and got the review msg. Still nothing has changed in my account so I am assuming this is a denial. But my question is, did I perhaps attempt to early? Although I had reached my 91 days only 2 statements have cut. Next Statement is toward the end of the month. So my thinking is I attempted to early and need to re attempt after 3rd statement has cut? 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 11338 of 17,187
credit_endurance
Valued Contributor

Alright, thanks guys for the memory "refresher" 😀 I will wait it out a couple weeks and let you know. Happy Holidays to all! 

Starting FICO08 Scores 2016 All in the mid 500’s
Current FICO08 Scores SEP 2023 (TU 834) (EQ 831 (EXP 831)

“The credit is no longer bruised, it has endured the test of time” (formally know as bruisedcredit)

Message 11339 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AllZero wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm guessing 3x credit limit on first card. Perhaps try a third card? You might get better success?

I'm hoping the gravy train for SP's still works on 12/23 lol- that would help. I need to age my report before applying for anything new. I don't even have a years worth of aaoa. 

Message 11340 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.