Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Question about NFCU 2nd Card at 91/3 after 1st Card

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats aMAIZing @AnonymousSmiley Happy Everytime i go for 2nd plat , Navy throws me off the shipSmiley Wink

@AverageJoesCredit   I hope you are not one of those carrying the guillotine to the Governor's mansion.

Your time is coming.  I knew you could have 2 of the same cards but I thought it could only be done by converting an existing card.  I was surprised yesterday when the CSR told me that they have offers on 5 cards, and that I could apply for another Platinum if I wanted.

Message 11691 of 17,187
Peazmom
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm slightly embarrassed to post this in the Approvals section Smiley Happy  

About two hours ago I mustered up the courage and decided to apply for another Platinum Visa card.  I immediately got several notifications of a hard pull on TransUnion, but the Navy site showed me a message to the effect that "We are unable to process your application at this time.  Please try again later."  I was a bit annoyed that I had wasted a hard pull for nothing when I got an e-mail from Navy stating that they had received my application and that I could expect a decision in 24-48 hours.

Then just a few minutes ago I got another e-mail stating that my application for the Platinum Visa had been approved with a starting limit of $18,700 and an APR of 10.49%.  So now I have two Navy Platinum cards, the first one opened on 1/2/2019  has a limit of $36,000 and the APR was recently reduced to 11.49% on 1/3/2020.

Screen Shot 2020-01-24 at 9.05.51 AM.png

Congrats Maizie....that’s an awesome SL and APR!

Starting FICO 8 December 2017

FICO 8 as of 6/7/20

Sock Drawer:

Message 11692 of 17,187
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

Ok, You're my muse, Maize...  Congrats!  I'm risking the Garden and hoping it's still SP for me here...  Going for the CLI first. 

Thank you for ALL the info, Everyone. 

P-S

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 11693 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pit-Smoker wrote:

Ok, You're my muse, Maize...  Congrats!  I'm risking the Garden and hoping it's still SP for me here...  Going for the CLI first. 

Thank you for ALL the info, Everyone. 

P-S

Good luck.

Message 11694 of 17,187
gjean78
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on your approval 👏🏾💪🏾

Message 11695 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haven't updated my sig below yet, I read post and forget.

QUESTION: 

Some reason NAVY FED gave me a $15K MoreRewards card, already had a $3K CashRewards and a $500 CLOC. More than I can ever dream for, but will not stop asking until they say reached internal limits. Many things got better in my sig below, except my income is the same. So believe I am already above their internal limits.

Next 91/3 should I ask for a CLI on my CashRewards card, take it to $9K, (hope for triple), or a third card? Or wait?

BTW, in the process of asking for a mortgage refinance through Navy. Paperwork done, haven't filed yet.

Hoping they will say, we already have $18K, (maybe $24K), unsecured with you, so $95K secured is no problem.

The house is worth way more, just my income only allows for a certain monthly payment.

Message 11696 of 17,187
Pit-Smoker
Regular Contributor

I think standard practice when in the middle of a mortgage process is to NOT apply for ANYTHING. any little shift can knock you off target on the house.

I know that's what my originator has told me multiple times over the years. It could be out of an abundance of caution, but I used to work with her and I trust her completely. I've also seen similar sentiments expressed on boards like this... but I can't point to one this second.. you may wish to search.

Just...be very conservative and cautious when it comes to working around the mortgage period.

Rebuilding is like smoking a brisket: it takes a lot of love, the right spice, and a ton of patience. You don't rush a brisket-- it goes low & slow. Sometimes, you need a crutch through the stall. In the end, the process matters.
2021 goals: 
1) GARDEN until I app for Mortgage.
2) Pay Down overall revolving debt aggressively and accountably, to under 30%, including my HELOC.  
3) Don't waste the gifted 0% time on the student loans. 
4) Ultimately, refi the house at non-usury terms. 

Message 11697 of 17,187
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

Navy fed 91/3 coming up

My first card with navy fed is the more rewards SL is/was 7,800 - I know there’s no subs going right now. I know the second card is usually the monster... what’s everyone’s experience with requesting a CLI vs a new card and what would you guys do if you were in my shoes? I definitely don’t NEED another card so there’s that, anyway, I use my sapphire preferred and more rewards for travel. The cash plus catches pretty much all of the bills that can be paid via credit card and my usb platinum still has a 0% apr till 1/2021 for any thing I want to float.

Current stats are:
1% utilization aggregate
1 card is at 73% (DGF did a balance xfer on one of her cards I’m an AU on — doesn’t report to TU though)
All other cards with a balance are 8% or less with most being under 5%

Current FICO 8’s
EQ - 768
EX - 763
TU - 790

Anything else you need or want to know just ask

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 11698 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

If you dont need it dont askSmiley Wink. Break the mold, be different, wait for auto luvSmiley Wink.

Seriously though just go for what you want, no harm in asking for cli and apping a new card. if not just wait full 6 m9nths or wait for the Subs if you arent in a hurry.

Message 11699 of 17,187
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@addicted_to_credit wrote:
My first card with navy fed is the more rewards SL is/was 7,800 - I know there’s no subs going right now. I know the second card is usually the monster... what’s everyone’s experience with requesting a CLI vs a new card and what would you guys do if you were in my shoes? I definitely don’t NEED another card so there’s that, anyway, I use my sapphire preferred and more rewards for travel. The cash plus catches pretty much all of the bills that can be paid via credit card and my usb platinum still has a 0% apr till 1/2021 for any thing I want to float.

Current stats are:
1% utilization aggregate
1 card is at 73% (DGF did a balance xfer on one of her cards I’m an AU on — doesn’t report to TU though)
All other cards with a balance are 8% or less with most being under 5%

Current FICO 8’s
EQ - 768
EX - 763
TU - 790

Anything else you need or want to know just ask

If I were in your shoes, I wouldnt apply for a credit product just to apply. I would want a need in place for a product that could accomplish that. Example: HVAC system needs replacing, expensive car repairs, a vacation, etc. Just my 2cents. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 11700 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.