Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

He is my spouse and is on all my accounts. He misunderatood and thought he was helping as my weeks have been crazy with sick family and several family members passing etc. He was thinking intl the terms of knowing i wanted to try for a CLI and helped finish up the process 

Honestly looking at your signature, I would just take whatever they offered you and try again in 6 months. Unless you had huge changes in your profile, it's very unlikely that they were going to offer you more than whatever they offered you anyway.

Message 11901 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

He is my spouse and is on all my accounts. He misunderatood and thought he was helping as my weeks have been crazy with sick family and several family members passing etc. He was thinking intl the terms of knowing i wanted to try for a CLI and helped finish up the process 

Sorry to hear about all your family  issues. My condolences and best wishesSmiley Happy. Can you please elaborate on the cli. Did you get one? How much and on what card? Thanks!

Message 11902 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Having read about 300 pages of this thread (lol) I decided to share.  Been with Navy since Dec 2018.  Love them!  Have both checking and savings.  Recently scores have tanked because we purchased a house for cash and used all the cc for making repairs to move in.  Working now on getting those paid off.  Anyway tried to get a cc with them, had to opt for the secured for $500.00.  Applied for the CLOC for my checking approved for $500.00, which is what I had asked for, thinking because of the CC denial that I wouldn't be approved, but bam, got in with the CLOC.  Tried for the unsecured CC again, denied.  But I am thrilled with the approval knowing it will grow! 

Anyway this morning tried to get 4K under the joint account and it went to the 2 hour review.  Probably won't be approved because hubby's scores are under 600.   No biggie.  Just thrilled to have a cloc for one account and the secured that will probably graduate (they said 12 months).  

When would be a good time to get a CLI for the small CLOC?  I was thinking 6 months?  Also do we need to use this or can we just let it sit?  I really have no need for it.    Thanks!

Edit:  4k denied.  No counter.  Letter coming in mail.

Message 11903 of 17,187
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous  hi thanks for sharingSmiley Happy my advice is if the cloc isnt needed, save the hp and wait to use one on your next cc app. No use getting something you wont use. Also try to stay away from anything joint when it comes to credit cards. Just to much complexity. Establish yours snd DHs profiles and you will be goodSmiley Happy. Grsts on getting a secured card.  As you pay down your debt, you will eventually get an unsecured cardSmiley Happy Keep the faithSmiley Happy

Message 11904 of 17,187
omgitsMatt
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Having read about 300 pages of this thread (lol) I decided to share.  Been with Navy since Dec 2018.  Love them!  Have both checking and savings.  Recently scores have tanked because we purchased a house for cash and used all the cc for making repairs to move in.  Working now on getting those paid off.  Anyway tried to get a cc with them, had to opt for the secured for $500.00.  Applied for the CLOC for my checking approved for $500.00, which is what I had asked for, thinking because of the CC denial that I wouldn't be approved, but bam, got in with the CLOC.  Tried for the unsecured CC again, denied.  But I am thrilled with the approval knowing it will grow! 

Anyway this morning tried to get 4K under the joint account and it went to the 2 hour review.  Probably won't be approved because hubby's scores are under 600.   No biggie.  Just thrilled to have a cloc for one account and the secured that will probably graduate (they said 12 months).  

When would be a good time to get a CLI for the small CLOC?  I was thinking 6 months?  Also do we need to use this or can we just let it sit?  I really have no need for it.    Thanks!

Edit:  4k denied.  No counter.  Letter coming in mail.

I would leave the CLOC alone for now, grow that in the future when your profile settles and you don't need credit. It can easily grow to 1

Message 11905 of 17,187
Kooliad
Regular Contributor

Hello all, Been trying for a year to get a Cli on my flagship friday I locked all 3 reports and on monday I applied for cli from 14k and BAM today i checked 25K ..Well done.

GoReward 25K

Fladship    25K

LOC           15K

Im good now

EQ 778

Tu 776

EX 746

Fico 8

Message 11906 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kooliad wrote:

Hello all, Been trying for a year to get a Cli on my flagship friday I locked all 3 reports and on monday I applied for cli from 14k and BAM today i checked 25K ..Well done.

GoReward 25K

Fladship    25K

LOC           15K

Im good now

EQ 778

Tu 776

EX 746

Fico 8

Congrats on your Flagship increase!

Message 11907 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Kooliad wrote:

GoReward 25K

Fladship    25K

LOC           15K

Im good now

EQ 778

Tu 776

EX 746

Fico 8

Congrats @Kooliad .. Well Done!!!

Message 11908 of 17,187
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Kooliad wrote:

GoReward 25K

Fladship    25K

LOC           15K

Im good now

EQ 778

Tu 776

EX 746

Fico 8

Congratulations on your CLI!

Message 11909 of 17,187
Matt9543
Established Contributor

Just some random input, all the card designs have been updated on the website.

FICO Scores (current as of November 24, 2020): Equifax: 740 | Experian: 751 | TransUnion: 732
Message 11910 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.