Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

I became a member in September 2019 and have received new accounts and CLI's on all my accounts at 91/3 except in June. Hit the luv button and usually within a hour i see the increase in available credit line on the mobile app. But this time nothing for the June app. So waited patiently and received the snail mail letter stating that I've reached maximum available limits at this time. So this might be what your experiencing as well. 

My only question to the group and please excuse me for not having the tech savvy skills to find this but, how often am I able to reapply for a CLI since my denial in June? Just a little back ground I made NFCU as my daily driver. I just paid 8k July for purchases made in June. So my question is by making such a big payment will that show NFCU that I'm capable of having larger limits or is it just going to take more time to get them to give me a higher limit?

Thank you in advance everyone for your kind response and hope everyone is staying safe and heathy. 

@SFLSpotter9210, if you have hit CLI's on all your accounts at 91/3 except in June, I would give it 6 Months.

With the way lending has tightened the purse strings. You could ask sooner, but I don't think it would yield favorable results. JMHO

Message 13941 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@coreyb80 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

It's been 24 hours since I requested a CLI on my More Rewards card, I've been checking the app but no change yet in my available credit. Smiley Sad Are they taking longer than 24 hours lately? Or is this likely a denial?

It's been 6 months since my last CLI... current limit is $6,000 and I requested a new limit of $10,000. Current util on that card is 20% but I pay the balance off every month. I am not expecting a full approval for the amount I requested, but would be a little shocked if they completely denied me. Smiley Sad

Check the website.  Mine hit the website first then the app a day or so later.

Just checked the website, nothing there either yet. Smiley Sad

Sorry to hear thisSmiley Sad Usually it would show in available credit within 24 hours.

Message 13942 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

So waited patiently and received the snail mail letter stating that I've reached maximum available limits at this time. So this might be what your experiencing as well. 

Man. This makes me so sad. I have a feeling this is what is happening. It's been a day and a half and no news so i'm assuming they denied my CLI. I will update when I hear anything though.

I don't know when is the best time to try again but, I am going to try again in October, as long as it's still a SP.

Message 13943 of 17,187
MrZero
Regular Contributor

So I sent a message late last night about not hearing anything about my 7/8 CLI request just to make sure if was denied or what, haven't recieved a reply but I just checked my account again and...

Screenshot_20200710-165642~2.png

😁

Someone fire the guns!  I'm tempted again to see if I get approved for card number two.

Updated 8/12/22.

Total Inquiries: EX: 1|TU: 1|EQ: 1
Derogs: 0
AAoA: 2Y1M
AoOA: 2Y6M.
AoYA: 1Y1M.
Total CL: 57,600
Utilization: ~1%

Message 13944 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@MrZero wrote:

So I sent a message late last night about not hearing anything about my 7/8 CLI request just to make sure if was denied or what, haven't recieved a reply but I just checked my account again and...

😁

Someone fire the guns!  I'm tempted again to see if I get approved for card number two.

Hmmm maybe I should try this I guess it couldn't hurt?! And congrats!

Message 13945 of 17,187
MrZero
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@SFLSpotter9210 wrote:

So waited patiently and received the snail mail letter stating that I've reached maximum available limits at this time. So this might be what your experiencing as well. 

Man. This makes me so sad. I have a feeling this is what is happening. It's been a day and a half and no news so i'm assuming they denied my CLI. I will update when I hear anything though.

I don't know when is the best time to try again but, I am going to try again in October, as long as it's still a SP.

They might be backed up/short staffed, my CLI request from two days ago just went through.

EDIT: Thanks.Smiley Very Happy It wouldn't hurt to send a message though I don't know if that's what brought attention to it or like I said, they could just be backed up.

Updated 8/12/22.

Message 13946 of 17,187
MrZero
Regular Contributor

Well...  After the CLI and feeling more confident I just went apped and yeaaaah, I got declined for the MR, should've waited after not seeing a prequal. Can't wait to see the denial letter and if hitting my maximum limit is part of the reason.

giphy

EDIT: I was playing with the Amex prequal page at the same time and since I got the decline for the MR I ended up pulling the trigger on apping for the BCE largely due to the $350 SUB being offered and was approved though with a $1,000 CL which I understand is still a "toy" amount, I was going to hold off but after that denial and the plans I do have in the Fall at least I should have a chance to raise it by then. I did want it more than the MR anyway since I'm not a points fan and the only real appeal for me was the potentially huge CL on the second card. Will ask for the CLI in 60 days. I feel a little better. Will make a topic....

EDIT2: I will send a message in an attempt for a reconsideration, no hopes up for it working but we'll see.

Updated 8/12/22.

Message 13947 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@MrZero wrote:

😁

I always applied for the 2nd or 3rd card, before asking for the CLI.

Because of the internal limitations.

Message 13948 of 17,187
MrZero
Regular Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@MrZero wrote:

😁

I always applied for the 2nd or 3rd card, before asking for the CLI.

Because of the internal limitations.

I was going to as well until I didn't have anything come up in the prequal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯  I still probably should've waited until next month, oh well. Don't plan on getting another TU HP any time soon and two of my four is age a year in the next 3-5 months.

Updated 8/12/22.

Message 13949 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RadioRob wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

any one requesting over $25k total limit per card and being approved for SP CLI's Smiley Happy

I have a single NFCU CashRewards card at 30K and a NFCU CLOC at 15K.  Around a week ago, I requested a CLI for my CashRewards card to increase from 30K to 50K (I figured I would shoot for the stars so that I would not leave money on the table).  My limit was changed from 30K to 34.5K without a HP.  

What's funny for me is that I did not get any sort of email or message saying the change was approved.  The only way I knew it was approved was by looking at the limit change.

I'll take it, and I'll see them again in 91 days.  Smiley LOL

ah nice!  Yeah I remember the same no approval notification just increase in limit if i looked haha..is it supposed to be 90 days to request another CLI ?

Message 13950 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.