Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Mv350
Valued Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Mv350 wrote:

So I apped again today after finally get pre-qualified on the Navyfed website. I've been wanting a 2nd platiunum for the BT offer. But was only given the 1k limit again. 

A couple questions. 

How long should I wait before asking to combine cards into one larger limit platinum? Therefore actually giving me the ability to do a BT after they send the offers at the beginning of the year.

Is it possible to just move over parts of a limit?

Send NFCU a SM explaining what your goal is (to do a BT) and ask for  reconsideration for a larger SL. Also, schmooze them by telling them how much you love NFCU products and you enjoy doing business with them. GL2

That's what I'll do, I'll wait until the new card arrives. 

Message 14211 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I posted in the approvals subforum. My signature is fairly accurate. All my credit scores are around 650-660 fico 8. fico 9s are 670-680. As stated in that thread, I have been banking with them for over 2 years now. I have 1 other card that has a limit above 1k, thats the platinum at 5k. So this shocked the crap out of me. DTI is very low, I make roughly 85k a year. I put out less than 600 a month in bills.

Annotation 2020-08-01 221537.png

Message 14212 of 17,187
bustout
New Contributor

Congratulations!

Even though I am gardening, I was playing with the pre-approval yesterday and got an approval but I'm only two months out since my Platinum so I'm holding off until December....or trying to anyway. I'm glad to see a high limit approval during these times.

Message 14213 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

A huge congrats on the new FS and the $20K SL!! It is awesome to see those five figure SL's right now!! So happy for your success!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14214 of 17,187
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Navy Federal CU Flagship Rewards Approval = $20K at 15.49% APR

I posted in the approvals subforum. My signature is fairly accurate. All my credit scores are around 650-660 fico 8. fico 9s are 670-680. As stated in that thread, I have been banking with them for over 2 years now. I have 1 other card that has a limit above 1k, thats the platinum at 5k. So this shocked the crap out of me. DTI is very low, I make roughly 85k a year. I put out less than 600 a month in bills.

Whoa!  That's a great approval, especially in this day and time, @Anonymous. 

Sincere congratulations on that achievement!

It's definitely some encouraging news for many! Smiley Very Happy

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 14215 of 17,187
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@ntx wrote:

Another followup to my 2nd NFCU card post here and a few more data points to share:

Even though I was approved I received my info letter from NFCU with my internal score - it was 331 ( range 100-450 ) as of 7/15/20 - one week before I applied. It listed key factors that adversely affected my NFCU credit score as:

1) Average credit limit of open credit cards reported last 12 months

2) No open and satisfactory accounts 24 months or older reported

3) No real estate accounts reported

4) Recency of maximum aggregate bankcard balance in last 12 months

@ntx Navy is all over the place. When I got my letter it stated it was from equifax and the score range was from 334 to 818. No idea which model they used. I wish they had given me my interal score to see where I stand with them.

Message 14216 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

818 is mortgage score.
Message 14217 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim_High Thank you for the kind words. 

Message 14218 of 17,187
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

Well *bleep*  I accidentally applied for DH's second card at 94/2.999999999 (His 3rd statement CUTS today).

He got a 24-48 message, not a straight denial.  Did I just waste a HP?  Does anyone think they may consider it anyhow?  His scores are ~780 across the board.  I'm super frustrated with myself for making such a rookie move, but what's done is done.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 14219 of 17,187
ljohnson

Morning,

Just making my story short I became a member of NFCU back in 2016 and didn't apply to any credit products until November 2019 for a secured card CL of $200. Fast forward to April of this year applied for Cash Rewards card instant approval of 5k. My question is my secured card is is under constant review since i believe May, should I just close it and apply for a new card or wait to see if it graduates. My current util is 6% across all my accounts. I was also just approved last week for a 61k auto loan @ 3.5%. My EQ9 on Navy's website hasnt updated this month yet.

EQ - 685

TU - 683

Ex - 698 

Message 14220 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.