Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

In my humble opinion I see no reason to close it. I would allow it to graduate. I would wait.
Message 14221 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
In my humble opinion I see no reason to close it. I would allow it to graduate. I would wait.

+1000

I would wait also! Smiley Wink

Message 14222 of 17,187
bustout
New Contributor

I would suggest not closing it. I had one for a year and when speaking to a CSR one day they immediately converted it to an nRewards non-secured, doubled my limit and refunded the security. Since it was the same card I did not receive a new one. I called again and asked if I could convert it to a Cash Rewards and done. Requested increase once new card was in hand and done. Only downside was missing out on SUB....my rookie mistake.

Message 14223 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

+2

Message 14224 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

Well *bleep*  I accidentally applied for DH's second card at 94/2.999999999 (His 3rd statement CUTS today).

He got a 24-48 message, not a straight denial.  Did I just waste a HP?  Does anyone think they may consider it anyhow?  His scores are ~780 across the board.  I'm super frustrated with myself for making such a rookie move, but what's done is done.

"A Girl can dream?"Smiley Wink

I ahd one like that, they held it in the system till the next day .. then approved it .. YMMV/YEMV

Message 14225 of 17,187
bustout
New Contributor

I did that with my Platinum. When it wasn't immediately approved I worried about the hit to my credit with a hard pull. 

I called to cancel the request but was told it was already approved.

Message 14226 of 17,187
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@recoveringfrombk7 wrote:

Well *bleep*  I accidentally applied for DH's second card at 94/2.999999999 (His 3rd statement CUTS today).

He got a 24-48 message, not a straight denial.  Did I just waste a HP?  Does anyone think they may consider it anyhow?  His scores are ~780 across the board.  I'm super frustrated with myself for making such a rookie move, but what's done is done.

"A Girl can dream?"Smiley Wink

I ahd one like that, they held it in the system till the next day .. then approved it .. YMMV/YEMV

A girl dreamed for an August FS SUB and a girl was sad.

But, yah this story gives me hope for him.

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 14227 of 17,187
recoveringfrombk7
Established Contributor

@bustout wrote:

I did that with my Platinum. When it wasn't immediately approved I worried about the hit to my credit with a hard pull. 

I called to cancel the request but was told it was already approved.

Thanks for sharing! 

Desired BK recovery line up complete 7/12/2021. Planning to garden until 8/2023 and potentially try for AMEX.
Message 14228 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bustout wrote:

I would suggest not closing it. I had one for a year and when speaking to a CSR one day they immediately converted it to an nRewards non-secured, doubled my limit and refunded the security. Since it was the same card I did not receive a new one. I called again and asked if I could convert it to a Cash Rewards and done. Requested increase once new card was in hand and done. Only downside was missing out on SUB....my rookie mistake.

I was told they don't do conversions like they? Was told via SM that it's something that's done automatically each month and they don't manually review it? How were you able to do it? 

Message 14229 of 17,187
bustout
New Contributor

I called and told them I have had it for over a year, which was the time frame they told me it would be reviewed. CSR did it while I was on the telephone. Did take a HP though. 

Hope this helps you. Let us know.

Message 14230 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.