Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Duke_Nukem 

Thank you so much, I truly appreciate it. Fingers crossed for your DD CLI success!!

@spiritcraft1  Mahalo my friend!

@Jccflat I applied for CLI at 6 a.m. (HST) yesterday. Approved in 24 hours but plan on a couple of days (2-3) to be safe! 👍

Message 14711 of 17,187
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@800wannabe420 wrote:

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@NeverTubetheGoose wrote:

How can we find out what our Navy score is?

Even if one finds that out, how do you interpret it?

Higher is better ☺

20200916_081524.gif   I concur doctor!

Message 14712 of 17,187
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

DW just got an approval for a $4k CLI request on her $20k More Rewards card.  Asked for $4k knowing the current max and it took 2 days to show up.  Next up: her $6.5k Go Rewards (former $2k secured card) coming up in December. 

So is the $80k max exposure still a thing?  She has eclipsed $50k now with her FS and MR's being $24k each.

I believe so due to no one member here having pointed out otherwise over the past year.

Message 14713 of 17,187
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Aloha everyone! So after all my big talk about waiting until January (you all know where this is going lol) I decided yesterday to apply for a third card MR and got an instant $1K  SL. I immediately requested a $3300 CLI (91/3) on my Platinum. Woke up this morning and CLI was approved, new limit $18K.

So my question is, if I call and ask to have $3K moved from my Platinim to the new MR, will I still be able to try for a CLI on the new card at 91/3 or will that trigger a six month wait for the MR? I would like to get the SUB but with a $1K SL it's going to be a pain but if increasing the limit resets the clock, I will just work around it. 

I sure am glad I didn't try for the FS or it looks like it would have been a decline!! Navy has been beyond good to me since starting my membership last September and getting my first product in January of this year. CR $18K, Plat $18K, Auto Loan $26Kish, Personal Loan $5K, MR $1K. 

DP's at time of MR app:

EQ 9: 728 TU 9: 740 EX 9: 715

AAoA: <1 yr.

Income: $90K 

DTI: <18%

Inquiries: EQ 15/12 TU: 8/12 EX: 10/12

Total Revolving Lines: $70K

Thanks as always for the help everyone! Heart

It is an approval... 

No, a double approval, congratulations on both and they count as positive just fine.  I do not know about the credit transfers and CLI resetting qualification periods.   

I do plan to app late winter and try a CL transfer. 😉

Message 14714 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

Requested a CLI on my Go and only got 500 increase LOL 

I also got my Go switched to another Plat and it is also at 5.99 APR. (I will combine them next year)

Also kind of interesting info. I called in to enquire about a CLOC and the lady in lending told me they pull TransUnion for it now instead of EQ 😑 boo. She said if I waited to apply for a CLOC after a year it could start out more than $500 and direct deposit would also help start with a higher limit CLOC.

Also she mentioned that if I had direct deposit set up I most likely would have gotten a 25k plat instead of 20k AND I would have gotten a better CLI. She said time and DD gets you great results with Navy. Thought it was weird she mentioned DD 3xs but thought I'd pass the info along.

(I'm still not having my DD sent to Navy because they are a little slow with updating balances and payments etc. I can imagine how they are with DD lol)

So yeah, I have two Plats now and I'm happy with my 3 months at Navy!

Message 14715 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

I also got my Go switched to another Plat and it is also at 5.99 APR. (I will combine them next year)

Also kind of interesting info. I called in to enquire about a CLOC and the lady in lending told me they pull TransUnion for it now instead of EQ 😑 boo. She said if I waited to apply for a CLOC after a year it could start out more than $500 and direct deposit would also help start with a higher limit CLOC.

Also she mentioned that if I had direct deposit set up I most likely would have gotten a 25k plat instead of 20k AND I would have gotten a better CLI. She said time and DD gets you great results with Navy. Thought it was weird she mentioned DD 3xs but thought I'd pass the info along.

(I'm still not having my DD sent to Navy because they are a little slow with updating balances and payments etc. I can imagine how they are with DD lol)

Excellent info.  What is your TU score? 

I am personally happy anytime I hear about EQ losing a customer.  They are the swine of the CRA world on both personal and business side IMO. 

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 14716 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@spiritcraft1 I only get monthly updates for Fico TU and last time I checked it was 684. I feel you, but my EQ is my highest score and my TU is my lowest lol EX and EQ both 706-718. 

Message 14717 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

@Anonymous, Congratulations on your Approval an PC..

Thank you for the DP's.

Message 14718 of 17,187
Curious_George2
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

Great info. Thanks for sharing!

Responding to the bolded part: If that's your only reason for staying away, you might want to re-think it. I have my paycheck sent to three different FIs via DD. It always shows up first in my NFCU account, a few hours before Chase and BofA. It's immediately available for transfers to other NFCU accounts. I haven't ever tried to do anything else with it, but they show it as "available balance" immediately so I don't know that there would be any limits. 

Message 14719 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Curious_George2 Thanks for the info. My sister gets hers a day later than her other CU so I assumed. I might do a small part dd as a test to see how timely they are.

Message 14720 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.