Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Duke_Nukem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So my question is, if I call and ask to have $3K moved from my Platinim to the new MR, will I still be able to try for a CLI on the new card at 91/3 or will that trigger a six month wait for the MR? I would like to get the SUB but with a $1K SL it's going to be a pain but if increasing the limit resets the clock, I will just work around it. 

The first I heard about a CL reallocation resetting the CLI clock to 6 months was in a recent comment by @Anonymous I believe. 

My DD did a CL reallocation when she got her Plat (took CL from 1st card to increase the new 2nd card's CL).  Her Plat's 91/3 was a couple of weeks ago, and she should be 100+/4 in a week or two.  I'll ask her to go for the CLI to test it out (her profile is better now than 3 months ago, so maybe the CL reallocation thing would be her only negative to getting the CLI).

Yep, reallocating limits constitutes a recent change in credit limit on both the donor and receiving card, making them both ineligible for CLIs for 6 months. 

Message 14721 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous 

Mahalo very much! Thanks for the response and all you do for us on this thread! Hope all is well and thanks again!Smiley Wink

Message 14722 of 17,187
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@Curious_George2 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

Requested a CLI on my Go and only got 500 increase LOL 

I also got my Go switched to another Plat and it is also at 5.99 APR. (I will combine them next year)

Also kind of interesting info. I called in to enquire about a CLOC and the lady in lending told me they pull TransUnion for it now instead of EQ 😑 boo. She said if I waited to apply for a CLOC after a year it could start out more than $500 and direct deposit would also help start with a higher limit CLOC.

Also she mentioned that if I had direct deposit set up I most likely would have gotten a 25k plat instead of 20k AND I would have gotten a better CLI. She said time and DD gets you great results with Navy. Thought it was weird she mentioned DD 3xs but thought I'd pass the info along.

(I'm still not having my DD sent to Navy because they are a little slow with updating balances and payments etc. I can imagine how they are with DD lol)

So yeah, I have two Plats now and I'm happy with my 3 months at Navy!

Great info. Thanks for sharing!

Responding to the bolded part: If that's your only reason for staying away, you might want to re-think it. I have my paycheck sent to three different FIs via DD. It always shows up first in my NFCU account, a few hours before Chase and BofA. It's immediately available for transfers to other NFCU accounts. I haven't ever tried to do anything else with it, but they show it as "available balance" immediately so I don't know that there would be any limits. 

+1. I have my DD split between Chase, Navy, and PenFed. Navy and PenFed pay me on Wednesday. Chase around 5am on Thursday. I'm thinking about switching more to Navy and seeing how their bill pay is. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 14723 of 17,187
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

Congrats @Anonymous  on the new card. I'm trying to stay in this garden until June. Or else I'd be apping for the MR too. 

Congrants on the Epic status @M_Smart007. You've been very helpful to a large number of us around these boards. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 14724 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that direct deposit DP is interesting. I am paid by paper check. I do make ACH external transfers to my NFCU account though. I have heard for other banks they regard those the same as direct deposits. I wonder if that is true for NFCU!

Message 14725 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BmoreBull 

Thank you! I have enjoyed your contributions to the community over the last several months and kudos to you for hanging tough in the garden. 

I was pretty okay gardening and was easantly surprised that as each week passed it got easier. Mostly.

I have a dental procedure coming up and I decided it made the most sense to app for Care Credit at 0% for 12 months and hold onto my savings. They approved me for the full $12K so I decided to pull the Navy trigger at the same time since I had already left the garden. 

I look forward to following more of your posts and celebrating your EPIC success when you leave the garden next year. Epic? What? Is Smarty here lol?? 

Have a good week ahead @BmoreBull!! 😉

Message 14726 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Aloha everyone! So after all my big talk about waiting until January (you all know where this is going lol) I decided yesterday to apply for a third card MR and got an instant $1K  SL. I immediately requested a $3300 CLI (91/3) on my Platinum. Woke up this morning and CLI was approved, new limit $18K.

So my question is, if I call and ask to have $3K moved from my Platinim to the new MR, will I still be able to try for a CLI on the new card at 91/3 or will that trigger a six month wait for the MR? I would like to get the SUB but with a $1K SL it's going to be a pain but if increasing the limit resets the clock, I will just work around it. 

I sure am glad I didn't try for the FS or it looks like it would have been a decline!! Navy has been beyond good to me since starting my membership last September and getting my first product in January of this year. CR $18K, Plat $18K, Auto Loan $26Kish, Personal Loan $5K, MR $1K. 

DP's at time of MR app:

EQ 9: 728 TU 9: 740 EX 9: 715

AAoA: <1 yr.

Income: $90K 

DTI: <18%

Inquiries: EQ 15/12 TU: 8/12 EX: 10/12

Total Revolving Lines: $70K

Thanks as always for the help everyone! Heart

Major grats on all of your NFCU success!! They certainly have been kind to many of us!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14727 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

91/3 came I got

Plat 20k & 5.99 APR

Requested a CLI on my Go and only got 500 increase LOL 

I also got my Go switched to another Plat and it is also at 5.99 APR. (I will combine them next year)

Also kind of interesting info. I called in to enquire about a CLOC and the lady in lending told me they pull TransUnion for it now instead of EQ 😑 boo. She said if I waited to apply for a CLOC after a year it could start out more than $500 and direct deposit would also help start with a higher limit CLOC.

Also she mentioned that if I had direct deposit set up I most likely would have gotten a 25k plat instead of 20k AND I would have gotten a better CLI. She said time and DD gets you great results with Navy. Thought it was weird she mentioned DD 3xs but thought I'd pass the info along.

(I'm still not having my DD sent to Navy because they are a little slow with updating balances and payments etc. I can imagine how they are with DD lol)

So yeah, I have two Plats now and I'm happy with my 3 months at Navy!

Mighty haul you took there!!

3 months and killin it!! Congratulations!!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 14728 of 17,187
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

@BmoreBull wrote:

+1. I have my DD split between Chase, Navy, and PenFed. Navy and PenFed pay me on Wednesday. Chase around 5am on Thursday. I'm thinking about switching more to Navy and seeing how their bill pay is. 

Their Bill Pay has worked flawlessly for me.  I do wish you could pull money into your accounts with NFCU but their entire ACH system is excellent.

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 14729 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Mr_Mojo_Risin  mahalo very much!

You are so right! Navy has been beyond generous to so many of us and I am grateful everyday for my relationship with them. I sure enjoy reading your posts and following your journey! Thanks again and I hope you have a great October ahead! Smiley Very Happy

Message 14730 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.