Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
lyTENciL
Regular Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

I requested $7K increase via desktop exactly 48h ago. Still nothing. I got a 24h message. 

They probably only act on business days?

FICO (12/22): EX8 838. TU8 826. EQ9 837.
Profile: Clean/thick/aged/new. Revolvers: 7 open, 1 closed. 1 Install.
AoOA/RA 20y. AAoA 4.5y. AoYA/RA 6m. TCL $128.3K.
Message 16141 of 17,187
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

I hadn't asked NFCU for a CLI on my card for a bit, so I rolled the dice and asked for $15K. And got nada. I've still reached "my maximum internal limit" with them, according to the letter. Besides loan balances too high (yeah, I know) they gave an internal score of 694. 

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 16142 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

I hadn't asked NFCU for a CLI on my card for a bit, so I rolled the dice and asked for $15K. And got nada. I've still reached "my maximum internal limit" with them, according to the letter. Besides loan balances too high (yeah, I know) they gave an internal score of 694. 

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear!

Yeah I'm currently waiting for a CLI decision, it's been about a day and a half. 

I'm worried about getting the max internal letter this time. I would be fine with it though, Navy has been more than accommodating to me!

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16143 of 17,187
CerebralZulu
Frequent Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

Sorry to hear that. I thought the Navy internal maxed at 450 or so.

Message 16144 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Unless the internal scoring has been updated, 450 is the max. I believe it runs 100-450. 

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16145 of 17,187
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:

Question for the group: Does your NFCU total credit line (credit cards) affect the amount that you can get approved for with an auto loan?

@kerplunk No, your revolving credit exposure should not affect your auto loan offer.

It's still a good idea to maximize your scores by lowering utilization before applying. I think Navy pulled Equifax for my auto loan. 

I'm not sure you answered the question that I asked. I am asking about my total credit line/limit, not the amount I am utilizing.

For example, if someone has $50,000 in credit card limits available to them with Navy Federal, does that mean their total available for an auto loan would be less than if they had only $20,000 in credit card lines? Thanks!

Message 16146 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kerplunk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kerplunk wrote:

Question for the group: Does your NFCU total credit line (credit cards) affect the amount that you can get approved for with an auto loan?

@kerplunk No, your revolving credit exposure should not affect your auto loan offer.

It's still a good idea to maximize your scores by lowering utilization before applying. I think Navy pulled Equifax for my auto loan. 

I'm not sure you answered the question that I asked. I am asking about my total credit line/limit, not the amount I am utilizing.

For example, if someone has $50,000 in credit card limits available to them with Navy Federal, does that mean their total available for an auto loan would be less than if they had only $20,000 in credit card lines? Thanks!

No. Auto loans are secured loans and are totally separate. 

Message 16147 of 17,187
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

That's unfortunate, sorry to hear!

Yeah I'm currently waiting for a CLI decision, it's been about a day and a half. 

I'm worried about getting the max internal letter this time. I would be fine with it though, Navy has been more than accommodating to me!

It's alright, I expected the max letter anyway but it never hurts to try (unless it gets you a HP!!) 😃

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 16148 of 17,187
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Unless the internal scoring has been updated, 450 is the max. I believe it runs 100-450. 

Weird. I'd have to look at the letter again, but I may have already shredded it. (I'm in tbe middle of a long work week and I can't remember right now.) Maybe I read the FICO score instead? 🤷🤷

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 16149 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

@Adkins wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@CerebralZulu wrote:

@Adkins wrote:

Weird. I'd have to look at the letter again, but I may have already shredded it. (I'm in tbe middle of a long work week and I can't remember right now.) Maybe I read the FICO score instead? 🤷🤷

Yeah probably was the FICO. We have so many scores it's hard to tell what's going on! Lol🤣

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16150 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.