Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@Anonymous wrote:

I just being approved for the 3rd NFCU card for $7,900 SL.

The first two, Flagship and Platinum are both getting $25K SL.

I removed all data after I read the moderator post.

Question: Do I have to wait for 3 or 6 months for a CLI?

Congratulations on your 3rd NFCU card! 

You'll have to wait 91 days and 3 full statements to request a CLI on your new card. If you're approved then you would have to wait 6 months to request again.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16421 of 17,187
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

Re: Navy Federal UPDATED CLI and 2ND ACCOUNT THREAD

@Anonymous wrote:

@Mr_Mojo_Risin  thanks. I was approved for my 2nd NFCU card last month but declined for CLI on my first as the same excuse another member received several posts back.

I think you're referring to "max exposure". NFCU is just saying that they're not ready to extend anymore credit on that card right now. 

That can change from month to month from what I've seen here on myFICO. 

Generally I think most people wait a couple of months to request again when they've received the max exposure letter.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 16422 of 17,187
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

So, my secured card cuts its 6th statement today, so I'm hoping tomorrow morning when I wake up, it'll be graduated and CLId from $500 to $2k like I've seen happen quite often around here! Smiley Happy

Here's hoping!

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 16423 of 17,187
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@AllZero wrote:

@Jazee wrote:

Would greatly appreciate if someone can confirm how long to wait until applying for a second card and save me the time of reading through 1,641 pages of posts.  LMAO.  

I had a little app spree and got NFCU Visa $3000 SLI 10.99% with income proof (1040 as I'm self employed.)  Only have two other cards.  TU Score around 740.  I mistakenly thought I could get two cards at the same time and also applied for the NFCU Amex.  Kind of eyeing the Flagship and having a tough time deciding between that and the AMEX but if it's easier to get the AMEX sooner than later, I'll go for that after whatever the waiting period is. I'm guessing possibly 91 days?  Anyone get BOTH a CLI and second card at the 91 day point?

It is recommended to do the new card application first, then CLI request second at your 91 days and 3 full statements eligibility window.

Also, see message 16,405.

FWIW:

I waited 92 days and had 3 statements but the first was not a full statement.  I was approved for a platinum card with 6900 SL (am in the process of asking for a recon there because I want to do BTs and would like to have a cushion to be able to still use the card).

My first card is an nRewards (secured) that was opened on 12/2.  First statement was a partial statement on 12/19.  COULD i have gotten more if I waited for my 3 FULL statement?  Possibly -- but given I went from a secured nRewards to an unsecured with nearly 7K limit (by far my highest limit), I'm not going to complain... as they say, a Card in hand is worth 2 in the bush and who knows what could happen between now and the next 3 weeks!  

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 16424 of 17,187
designated_knitter
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 

So don't keep us in suspense -- did you go unsecured today?

Good luck!

Started Over Again after Cap1 Death Penalty:
06/15/2019:
03/02/2021:
04/06/2021:
05/28/2021:
Lesson Learned: DON'T POKE THE BEAR!!! THE BEAR WILL WIN!!!
Message 16425 of 17,187
CaptRon
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is it generally a 24 hour wait on CLI approval/decline? I was declined last month, but this month my score is 40 points higher. I have used the hell out of my cash rewards this month and paid it off right after multiple times. I also started receiving direct deposit this month into my NFCU checking account.

It was the 4th business day after my CLI request and proof of income request fulfilled before it showed up for me

Message 16426 of 17,187
Jazee
Regular Contributor

NFCU on their website lists the AMEX as Average to Excellent credit and the Flagship as Good to excellent credit.  For existing NFCU member past the 91 day point on their Visa Platinum, will a CSR give you insight as to if you likely qualify for one or both before you apply? I know score isn't everything but does anyone have an estimate on difference in minimum score (all other report factors being equal) between AMEX and Flagship approval? 

Also, if I'm planning to not apply until after the first 6 statements on my NFCU Visa would it be better to hit the CLI button on day 91 with the VISA then apply for one of the other cards 3 months later or should I do both at statement 6? (There's some other timing issues on my reports that my score should be higher in 6 months from when I opened the NFCU Visa but not 3 months)  My thinking is a CLI at day 91 is only going to help me by lowering my overall UTI giving me an additional boost to my score at time of application for the second card 3 months later.

Message 16427 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Jazee, I would NOT apply for the Flagship if you have concerns about credit limits?

If you do not meet the $5000.00 Visa Signature requirement for that card, it will be a straight up denial.

You may want to go for The Amex MoreRewards.

As far as CLI's, Apply for The credit card first. then ask for your CLI's,

or you can hit the max internal limit NFCU is willing to grant you.

Good Luck!

Message 16428 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

So, my secured card cuts its 6th statement today, so I'm hoping tomorrow morning when I wake up, it'll be graduated and CLId from $500 to $2k like I've seen happen quite often around here! Smiley Happy

Here's hoping!

@OmarGB9, Any news?

Message 16429 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

Thank you. I made a bt on my card. Thus, I have to wait until I made some more payments. I also need to spend $3000 to get the $250 bonus.

@Mr_Mojo_Risin wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I just being approved for the 3rd NFCU card for $7,900 SL.

The first two, Flagship and Platinum are both getting $25K SL.

I removed all data after I read the moderator post.

Question: Do I have to wait for 3 or 6 months for a CLI?

Congratulations on your 3rd NFCU card! 

You'll have to wait 91 days and 3 full statements to request a CLI on your new card. If you're approved then you would have to wait 6 months to request again.

Message 16430 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.