Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Navy Federal Thread for CLI and Additional Cards

@delaney1 wrote:

DH got a 10k Platinum about a year ago at the lowest interest rate. We did a BT to the Platinum last year, and that's it.  Asked for a CLI yesterday, just saw he got approved for a $4K increase. 

Congrats. 4k is a pretty solid increase.. just miss the 10-15k increase days.

Message 16981 of 17,187
Sharpism
Valued Member

As a data point for you. I recieved an auto CLI of $4,000 on my first card with Navy. I was past 91 days and it was right after my 2nd statement cut. I had a partial statement the first month so was at about two and a half statements at the time. This was within the last month or two I believe. Hope this helps.

Message 16982 of 17,187
Gladius
Frequent Contributor

After applying and being approved for an auto loan, I asked if I could use the same credit pull for an increase on my NFCU CC.  This was 5 days ago.  Current limit is $15k and asked for an additional $10k (she said it can go up to $50k).  No increase or letter in the mail as of today.  I just assumed it got denied for whatever reason.  This is the first CLI I have asked for since I got the card over 2 years ago.

Message 16983 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was denied on my platinum however I have cash advanced off of it two months in a row I'm gonna let that bake for a month or two and then try again

Message 16984 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gladius wrote:

After applying and being approved for an auto loan, I asked if I could use the same credit pull for an increase on my NFCU CC.  This was 5 days ago.  Current limit is $15k and asked for an additional $10k (she said it can go up to $50k).  No increase or letter in the mail as of today.  I just assumed it got denied for whatever reason.  This is the first CLI I have asked for since I got the card over 2 years ago.

CLI is a soft pull with navy federal ion care how many times people try and call this a hack or trick or make youtube videos.. CLI is a soft pull when requested thru the app or online..  CLI goes into review and folks typically see the increase within 2 days.. if not you can assume the denial letter is coming in the mail. 

Message 16985 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use my Cash advance feature every month and my cards still gets approved for CLI.

Message 16986 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gladius wrote:

CLI is a soft pull with navy federal ion care how many times people try and call this a hack or trick or make youtube videos.. CLI is a soft pull when requested thru the app or online..  CLI goes into review and folks typically see the increase within 2 days.. if not you can assume the denial letter is coming in the mail. 

And that folks is pretty much it .. in a nutshellSmiley thumbs up american flag.png

Message 16987 of 17,187
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I use my Cash advance feature every month and my cards still gets approved for CLI.

You just gotta think, Navy designed it that way with NO CA fee's!

Message 16988 of 17,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've paid them back in a week or two also unless it's just because they just did it on the other card, I'm gonna submit it one more time I find it hard to believe with no dti, less credit than income, and scores in the 800s I would be flat out denied without at least a partial increase counter, it's definitely 185 days now let's see what comes back, if it's no again lll assume it's "reached maximum nfcu unsecured limit" and I'll wait a couple months and try again

Message 16989 of 17,187
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

You ask a good question there . I spoke with a customer service rep and they did not discourage me not to apply because they see with good payment history that the system almost always graduates their members around the 7 month mark . Also upon graduating the card turns into a cash rewards card in which I could combine the limits into the 1st card . Today the cards 9th statements cuts . So I will give it the standard 3 days before I decide what my next move is .

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 740 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2024 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 16990 of 17,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.